Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I just got butterflies...

in my stomach thinking about the concert! I can't believe its almost here, a Lindsey tour! Still doesn't seem real.
So we've got a week till the album and 10 days till the first show.

"I always return here..."
Old 09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Feels amazing yes...
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just over 4 weeks wait for me. October 20, CLeveland!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If everything works out I might see you in Cleveland. I'll be about an hour and a half away, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Lori planning on coming?

"I always return here..."
Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
If everything works out I might see you in Cleveland. I'll be about an hour and a half away, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Lori planning on coming?
I'm not sure. I havent talked to her since her dad passed. I got ahold of Jason her husband and tolf her to say hi. I know shes planning on going to some. Are you thinking of going to Cincinnati too?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Butterflies...yes. Two more days until the album and eight more days until I head out to the States.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My presale is tomorrow, so I have presale butterflies.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I feel really calm about it, strangely - not like usual. Sure, I got good tix right away - and that helped a lot.
But I have this bigger, more cosmic feeling about it. We've waited so long, and there's been so much effluvia surrounding The Linds, that I feel like suddenly everything has fallen into place, and is all good, and everything is as it should be, problem free. If Linds actually embarks on something, it must be right for him - thus making it more right for us. You guys know that moody, exacting, standardous-perfectionist beeyot that Linds is! If he's ready, it must be good. We've already collectively decided on other threads that he doesn't need the money, right?

Airy fairy aside, I do feel an uncommon sense of calm about the Lindsey. I feel like I will easily go to the show, problem free, and then be presented with such perfect beauty as I have "never" seen.

I guess a simpler way to say all that is that I feel inside my essence that everything has fallen into place perfectly, and that is what most, if not all, of us will experience in attending these shows. Aside from traffic, of course!

It all just feels so right, and so calm - know what I mean? Again, seriously, I've never felt so sure and comfortable about concert stuff.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-28-2006 at 12:51 AM..
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I feel really calm about it, strangely - not like usual. Sure, I got good tix right away - and that helped a lot.
But I have this bigger, more cosmic feeling about it. Airy fairy aside, I do feel an uncommon sense of calm about the Lindsey. I feel like I will easily go to the show, problem free, and then be presented with such perfect beauty as I have "never" seen.
Amber, I had that same feeling for TISL/front row/Santa Barbara. It WAS cosmic. Right up to the very end. I got a double whammy ticket on the freeway going home after leaving the airport. I was trying to quit smoking at the time, so didn't have ciggies with me and was gonna wait 'til I got home... where my ciggies were... so I was in a hurry. My bad.

Rhetorical dumb a** question: Why didn't they release a single to the regular FM stations so I could listen to it in the morning.

I just noticed something... I like the website.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
Amber, I had that same feeling for TISL/front row/Santa Barbara. It WAS cosmic. Right up to the very end. I got a double whammy ticket on the freeway going home after leaving the airport. I was trying to quit smoking at the time, so didn't have ciggies with me and was gonna wait 'til I got home... where my ciggies were... so I was in a hurry. My bad.

Rhetorical dumb a** question: Why didn't they release a single to the regular FM stations so I could listen to it in the morning.

I just noticed something... I like the website.

Er...I don't know what you are talking about with the single and website. I bitched out my radio station for not playing Linds. But they've announced him as a new artist (I'm not sure if they played his song) and are giving away first five rows tix for him this week.

As far as TISL - maybe the kind of seats you get dictates how calm you feel...
Though I feel compelled to say I was calm even before the tix.

Traffic tickets are a mere blip in the FM scheme of things. It's almost proper to get a speeding ticket cause you want to get to the Stevie so fast! You're not going to end your life thinking "that ticket sucked, I would've totally traded paying for that with my giant Mac opportunity" No, not gonna happen.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
know what I mean?
I do. I just feel so comforted by the new music. I think it is a totally cool feeling. I only have one freakish concern that struck me this afternoon. It is happening all soooo fast. The august announcement...and then here it is happening! I just hope the hours spent at the shows don't breeze right on by. I always want that time to last forever. Know what I mean?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I do. I just feel so comforted by the new music. I think it is a totally cool feeling. I only have one freakish concern that struck me this afternoon. It is happening all soooo fast. The august announcement...and then here it is happening! I just hope the hours spent at the shows don't breeze right on by. I always want that time to last forever. Know what I mean?
THey will breeze, they always do, and you may have a Lindsey hangover. And yes, I always want them to last forever as well. I seriously got depressed after my Mac shows.
But though the joy is ephemeral, all joy is ephemeral. We can't hold onto it, so we have to remember it and enjoy it while it is happening.

*sigh* I know, it's hard. We never get the Linds, and his tour is so short (although he has a buttload of SoCa dates, so you are pretty lucky).

I haven't listened to the new music (wanted to wait) but I feel comforted by the whole thing anyways.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Er...I don't know what you are talking about with the single and website. I bitched out my radio station for not playing Linds. But they've announced him as a new artist (I'm not sure if they played his song) and are giving away first five rows tix for him this week.

As far as TISL - maybe the kind of seats you get dictates how calm you feel...
Though I feel compelled to say I was calm even before the tix.

Traffic tickets are a mere blip in the FM scheme of things. It's almost proper to get a speeding ticket cause you want to get to the Stevie so fast! You're not going to end your life thinking "that ticket sucked, I would've totally traded paying for that with my giant Mac opportunity" No, not gonna happen.
I wasn't sure if regular FM stations were given "authority" to play the single since the website says the single was released on iTunes. If so, they shoulda been playing it by now. I mean they play Goo Goo Dolls singles for God's sake. No... good seats don't count for the calm. I've had good seats and been all wrung out with worry that I wasn't going to make it for some dumb reason. Know what I mean? You're right about the traffic ticket. It was so way worth paying a traffic ticket to shake Stevie's hand. I woulda paid 5 traffic tickets... well, okay... 4.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
*sigh* I know, it's hard. We never get the Linds, and his tour is so short (although he has a buttload of SoCa dates, so you are pretty lucky).
And I know you are correct in the joy bit. I am attending three of them so I will have plenty of joy to reflect on if there should be a downtime. I am hopeful, with the success of this tour, there will be another after the 2007 release. A girl can dream. I so want to attend the santa barbara show as the venue is cool with the mural backdrop but on a sunday of all days. When you do hear the tunes I think you will have a fuller understanding of the ease you feel.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
I wasn't sure if regular FM stations were given "authority" to play the single since the website says the single was released on iTunes. If so, they shoulda been playing it by now. I mean they play Goo Goo Dolls singles for God's sake. No... good seats don't count for the calm. I've had good seats and been all wrung out with worry that I wasn't going to make it for some dumb reason. Know what I mean? You're right about the traffic ticket. It was so way worth paying a traffic ticket to shake Stevie's hand. I woulda paid 5 traffic tickets... well, okay... 4.
A) I can't believe you touched The Soft Velvet Paw! (Similar to the Soft Silvah Chain, but more hands on. lol. (Stevie's hand).
I've been so trying, she skips over me. Okay, in my imagination it seems so.

B) No, good seats calm me down a lot. They don't calm you as much, which means you have THE FEVAH! really bad...

Also, I never think I won't make it for some reason. Barring an Earthquake. But that is because I don't take my car, I almost always take public transpo. Pretty reliable, and SNAFU free (unlike cars. When I had my car, I was alway sure I wouldn't make it somewhere.) My ticket cost about the same as four traffic tix, though - so yeah. Clearly I would pay that much as well. I do, however, experience sorrow that I know I'll be broke at the concert, and won't get to buy as much **** as I want. But that definitely takes a back seat to being up front. Up Front is the best thing in the world.

C) I'm not sure if they've been given authority, either - didn't know if you are on itunes you can't be on the radio. I swear, that one night, my station played LB. Except, I didn't hear LB, just heard them talking about "New Release" with LB's name - I was listening the whole time, though. Maybe I didn't recognize it? Whatever, I'm just so hella mad that the genius responsible for the best selling (hello, the engineer of the sound of Rumours? The massively talented guitar player/producer/singer?) , and just kick ass in his own solo right, a huge talent - isn't getting the publicity for this that he should. This guy f*cking engineered a huge amount of magnificent work, most of it selling really well, if not hugely well - but him solo touring doesn't deserve some massive timespace publicity? *scoffs heavily*.
Whatever, radio stations, I hate you. And I didn't care before, but now I blame you for the non wide spreadness of TUSK. Y'all wouldn't know potential radio hits if they bit you in the ass! And Tusk is full of them.

Okay.