Old 04-25-2018, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Just Got More Interesting

https://medium.com/@brianscottmacken...g-5f00dbabe559
Old 04-25-2018, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Thank you for posting this! This article definitely makes some good selling points.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default cool take

Nice opinion piece on the new lineup. Interesting.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting. The premise of the article is correct. The removal of Buckingham and addition of 2 new people does make it interesting. It just does not make it Fleetwood Mac IMHO. When Fleetwood Mac continued without Christine, it was interesting for a brief moment but the band lost its soul. IMHO it was not Fleetwood Mac.
The article drools over Finn as the most creative artist in the world. Well he is not being hired to be creative. The Mac is not recording an album. He is hired to fit the suit and play guitar and sing on a concert tour. If the Mac had 10 more years and 2 more studio albums to make, then it could be interesting. But sadly everyone knows this is the last tour and last breath of Fleetwood Mac.
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine. The author is really grasping at straws for that one. The author is excited that Crowded House songs and Heartbreaker songs will be played. The funny part was the author stating Finn could sing them better than Petty. WTF? If you want to hear Crowded House music, would you not rather attend a Crowded House concert? So Mac fans now must embrace Crowded House music because Finn plays guitar in Fleetwood Mac?
Now if you really wanted to make Fleetwood Mac more interesting, why not replace Mick with Don Henley. Then Stevie can sing leather and lace with him. A few Eagles songs could be played too. Stevie can hire Brad Jeffries to dance during Stand Back. They also could do a giant balloon drop during Don't Stop. All these things would make Fleetwood Mac more interesting. Replacing Keith Richards with Angus Young would make the Rolling Stones so much more interesting. Some of us don't want Fleetwood Mac more interesting.
Many of you can guzzle down the New Coke but many of us are sticking to the Classic.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-25-2018 at 04:17 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting. The premise of the article is correct. The removal of Buckingham and addition of 2 new people does make it interesting. It just does not make it Fleetwood Mac IMHO. When Fleetwood Mac continued without Christine, it was interesting for a brief moment but the band lost its soul. IMHO it was not Fleetwood Mac.
The article drools over Finn as the most creative artist in the world. Well he is not being hired to be creative. The Mac is not recording an album. He is hired to fit the suit and play guitar and sing on a concert tour. If the Mac had 10 more years and 2 more studio albums to make, then it could be interesting. But sadly everyone knows this is the last tour and last breath of Fleetwood Mac.
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine. The author is really grasping at straws for that one. The author is excited that Crowded House songs and Heartbreaker songs will be played. The funny part was the author stating Finn could sing them better than Petty. WTF? If you want to hear Crowded House music, would you not rather attend a Crowded House concert? So Mac fans now must embrace Crowded House music because Finn plays guitar in Fleetwood Mac?
Now if you really wanted to make Fleetwood Mac more interesting, why not replace Mick with Don Henley. Then Stevie can sing leather and lace with him. A few Eagles songs could be played too. Stevie can hire Brad Jeffries to dance during Stand Back. They also could do a giant balloon drop during Don't Stop. All these things would make Fleetwood Mac more interesting. Replacing Keith Richards with Angus Young would make the Rolling Stones so much more interesting. Some of us don't want Fleetwood Mac more interesting.
Many of you can guzzle down the New Coke but many of us are sticking to the Classic.
Check....if you remove any one of them, the band is more interesting because essentially they’ve played the same show since 1997!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Now to the wrong parts of the article. The author mocks Lindsey's singing that he no longer can sing. WTF? Lindsey has kept his singing voice which is something you cant say of Stevie and Christine.
Actually from a technical point of view Lindsey's singing is the worst of the three singers. He's never learned technical singing and often resorted to shouting since back in the day, and this is something that damaged and surely still is continuing to damage his voice greatly.
Of course this doesn't mean that he can't sing, you can produce very amazing sounds even without knowing how to sing technically, I'm thinking for example about Lana del Rey (at least when she first started), but of course to great detriment.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting.
Pat Benatar replacing Stevie Nicks? That WOULD be interesting and I would totally be intrigued! Or Ann Wilson, for that matter! Her voice seems to have held up very well.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting.

Pat Benatar. Ew. No.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hell 2 Da Naw

Either Bonnie Raitt, whose blues playing and gravely but dynamic voice would have been a great fit for the band, or Susanna Hoffs, who I think sounds like a younger Stevie and would probably have a really good chemistry with Lindsey, would have been my choices.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More interesting to me would've been the Rumours Five going on, making new music and touring on that, and the history that IS FM! Way back to Peter Green and forward. If that wasn't feasible, I'd say kick out the non creative being, namely one that can only bleat and moan, add no one, and continue as the Rumours Four!!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
More interesting to me would've been the Rumours Five going on, making new music and touring on that, and the history that IS FM! Way back to Peter Green and forward. If that wasn't feasible, I'd say kick out the non creative being, namely one that can only bleat and moan, add no one, and continue as the Rumours Four!!
Completely agree, and it should have happened last year.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-27-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Completely agree, and it should have happened last year.
STEVIE NICKS! WHERE ARE YOU?!!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://youtu.be/T9mzq-R1Jws

This is interesting! Never forget this tour!
Old 04-29-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And how much more ****ing interesting can you get than this?!

https://youtu.be/TDwg28bSjoI
Old 04-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm feeling quite bad for Neil Finn. Well I'm an Aussie and I've long been a fan, since 80s. (We tend to claim the New Zealand talent as our own - they've produced some amazing musical artists.) He's a very good musician, writer, and seems a nice guy as well.

Hope it works out for him with FM, though at first it seems an odd kind of choice. Stranger things have happened and worked out okay.

How he may fit in this band - like Stevie and Lindsey, I think that the Everly Brothers and The Beatles were enormous influences on him and his brother. I think he's a natural harmoniser and that may have been a factor for including him.

That's not all there is to him though. We might think of him as a folkie type, but it's occurred to me in last few weeks, Split Enz had a punk edge in quite a few of their songs. Studio processing might have removed some of it but in the stripped back live versions it's more obvious.

Even though I think he's a calmer guy than Lindsey - he has known his share of band drama in the past and can probably tap into how that's shown itself in FM's music.

And yeh I'd love to hear FM do 'I Got You' with Christine doing the synth part - would be perfect! (Pun not intended.) 'I Hope I Never' is also a great keyboard piece.

No, it won't be 'Fleetwood Mac' as most of us know them. But it may be something new and different for them after getting in a sort of rut with their show. I decided I was gonna be happy with seeing them in 2015 and it would be the last time I see them. Figured if I went again in another few years it would probably be much the same thing as last time but maybe not such a strong performance.

Hoping folks give the new guys a chance.

Last edited by Missy; 04-30-2018 at 10:35 AM..