User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's rather peculiar that Hold Me was a one-tour song, never returning to the stage. It was a stand-out hit, and the accompanying video was very popular on MTV. I enjoyed their unpolished performance of the song on the short Mirage tour. It was raw and rocking in comparison to the heavily polished studio track. The Dance was a missed opportunity to reintroduce the song. With the added support musicians and singers, they could have performed a rendition of Hold Me more similar to that of the album counterpart.

I think Hold Me might have had more staying power with the band if Lindsey stuck around to do the Tango tour. I like to think Hold Me would have been on the set list if Lindsey was there.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
I would love to hear a live version of Isn't It Midnight with Lindsey. It would be the perfect high-energy song to play just before Go Your Own Way in the set list.
That song would have been a great addition to the set list!
Old 12-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Not only did I find my favorite band in Fleetwood Mac, but they opened my eyes to all the amazing music of that era 60s 70s and 80s. Between 2013 and 2014 I went to see Crosby Stills & Nash, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Hall & Oates, and Steely Dan as well. I somewhat believe in The Secret, for those of you that might know what that is. I definitely agree with Stevie when she said the collective energy of all the die hard Fleetwood Mac fans brought Christine back. Music has become a sentimental thing for me and it's because of Fleetwood Mac and I'm so glad I got to see them with Christine.
I know The Secret and enjoyed reading your path of discovering Fleetwood Mac. It's good to know you exploring the various configurations of the band prior 1975. A lot of riches to be found there- from their blues origins, to their middle transitional era of Kiln House to Heroes Are Hard to Find.

It's great that you're finding the value in the works of artists/groups from generations past. CSN, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates??? Impressive taste! All those you cited are in my wheelhouse.

Because there are so many groups/artists I love and follow. I'm an obsessive collector and completest I have accumulated a massive collect over decades. Mostly from the sixties onward. I'm much more selective with newer, current artists now. I can acknowledge young new talent, but they are just not in my demographic interests now. It would be a bit creepy if it was. But's heartening when a younger demographic has the sophisticated ears to look back and see there is more to music than the Taylor Swift/Katie Perry generation.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-09-2015 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I think Hold Me might have had more staying power with the band if Lindsey stuck around to do the Tango tour. I like to think Hold Me would have been on the set list if Lindsey was there.
You are right on with that. That's why it was disappointing they didn't perform it with both Lindsey and Christine now back in the band. It was likely their last chance. Oh well

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-09-2015 at 10:50 PM..
Old 12-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

I can't speak to the best crowd, but I was in Minneapolis visiting my in-laws the weekend before opening night. My wife, daughter and me were supposed to return home to LA on Sunday, prior to Tuesday night's opening show. Short answer, they left, I stayed.

Highlights:

Christine's vocals - stunning from the first note. I'm a Mac nut, but I forgot just how beautiful her voice is.

I Know I'm Not Wrong - A reminder to the world that FM is a bad ass rock n roll band and a great, roaring version of one of my favorite Mac songs.

Sisters of the Moon/Silver Springs - In a show that featured Christine's return and my ultimate man crush (Lindsey), Stevie was supposed to be an afterthought. She absolutely killed both of the tunes.

I also caught a show at the LA Forum, but opening night in Minniapolis was special.