Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
Nothing wrong with Stevie's voice...when I saw them in Houston I thought hers was the strongest and most arena-ready of all three...just my opinion, and you know we all got one
I agree. While her range isn't there, she was very strong and her tone wasn't overbearing or nasal. SOTM was probably the weakest and GDW was her strongest.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It all comes down to how Stevie sings a song. For instance, Rolling Stone released a video of Stevie singing Gypsy about a week ago from the same video shoot as this freshly released Blue Water clip. I personally think the Gypsy clip was beautiful- she sang very softly from the back of her throat like she used to back in the 70s, and her tone was gorgeous. It's when she pushes her vocals out from her diaphragm (technically the "correct" way to sing) that her voice sounds strained, thin, nasally, shouty, and off-key. If you look at Stevie's most recent album, 24k Gold, there are examples of how her voice can either still be magnificent (All The Beautiful Worlds) or simply dreadful (Lady). She needs to fire her freaking vocal coach. The techniques he taught her destroy everything that is great about her voice.
Her vocal coach saved her voice, and actually she is singing better now with him. He has been with her for 18 years now.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cant comment on how Stevie sings because I sing like,

She sounds great to me.

LOL......

Again I have to give her credit what she is doing and including the rest of the band at their age.

Chris was alittle rusty on the today show but now she sounds great as she always did.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Unfortunately, it's not all critical analysis......
Some just dislike various members of this band. It's not all aimed at Stevie, you have Lindsey and Mick haters too. You can pick them out easily, because they NEVER have anything objective or positive to add to threads such as this one. Sad, but true.
I've been fortunate to see the Mac once already on this tour and I will see them again in March. If that's the end of it, then so be it. If they record a new album, I will be over the moon. If they don't, I'm still thankful for the music, the memories and the wonderful people that I have connected with all because of this band.

I love all the members of FM present and past members.My screen name says it all.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
Nothing wrong with Stevie's voice...when I saw them in Houston I thought hers was the strongest and most arena-ready of all three...just my opinion, and you know we all got one
I have to fully agree here. I saw the Mac 4 times last year and Stevie sounded perfectly fine at each show. I'm honestly more concerned about her awful wardrobe these days.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Turn up the hearing aid Ethel....believe what you want but your Grandma is in the MAJOR MINORITY.
(Ironically, Ethel was her mother-in-law's name.)

Yeah, her favorite singer is Streisand, so she doesn't impress easily. None of the people who've sung in Fleetwood Mac are great vocalists, but that was never really the point.

ETA: "MAJOR MINORITY?" Based on what?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-30-2015 at 12:47 AM..
Old 01-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I cant comment on how Stevie sings because I sing like,

She sounds great to me.

LOL......

Again I have to give her credit what she is doing and including the rest of the band at their age.

Chris was a little rusty on the today show but now she sounds great as she always did.
Haha. Love that. Not gonna go through 8 or 9 pages of this thread, but here are my thoughts: There should never be another FM album unless all 5 of these legends are part of it.

Stevie will do it, as someone said before I can't see her being the one to f*ck this up. Give them 3 or 4 of your demos (with new vocals of course) and get over your 24K Gold album not being able to be promoted properly and move forward.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
and John about Ledgie attitudes toward the band members.
Which also runs both ways. My point was that the comment John made about Ledgies automatically disagreeing with Stevie was identical to what Stevie said about herself always disagreeing with Lindsey.

Quote:
"In the studio, if Lindsey said the wall was gray, I will be absolutely sure it was pink."
We aren't talking about different things. I just said that the two things were very similar and very subjective.

Michele
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I agree.I never seen so much hatred on this board "I know it sound to blunt" about Stevie with this album issue.
I defended Stevie's non-committal stance early in the tour because, although 24KG is still clearly a contractual obligation rush job, she didn't want to alienate the label by not doing any promotion for it. Fleetwood Mac could have helped her out more. Having something like "Lady" and/or "Twisted" in the set and selling/promoting 24KG at shows would have been a nice gesture that probably would have made Stevie more enthusiastic about doing more with Fleetwood Mac in the future.

However, it's clear that the promotion phase for 24KG is pretty much over. It's basically sold what it's going to sell. She still has yet to publicly commit to another Fleetwood Mac album, and it's time.

My biggest issue with Stevie is her attitude, at least how it comes across in the two recent interviews. She appears to be very stand-offish. Even though it wasn't directed at the band, the whole "nobody tells me what to do" attitude, the fact she felt compelled to mentioned that Waddy thought it was funny that the RS thing would piss the band off, and constantly bringing up the tensions between her and Lindsey probably best describes what I'm talking about. It all paints a picture that she's the primary source of dysfunction within the band, and is kind of getting off on it. She's comes off as unhappy and kind of enjoys making everyone else unhappy, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

My biggest issue with Stevie is her attitude, at least how it comes across in the two recent interviews. She appears to be very stand-offish. Even though it wasn't directed at the band, the whole "nobody tells me what to do" attitude, the fact she felt compelled to mentioned that Waddy thought it was funny that the RS thing would piss the band off, and constantly bringing up the tensions between her and Lindsey probably best describes what I'm talking about. It all paints a picture that she's the primary source of dysfunction within the band, and is kind of getting off on it. She's comes off as unhappy and kind of enjoys making everyone else unhappy, too.
Your perspective is sadly astute. Stevie thrives on drama, and most of it is negative. Poor Stevie; she's so oppressed! She pathologically references Lindsey, perpetuating a tiresome, prolonged love/hate saga. Lindsey, having evolved and moved on, with his own family (he's family man), likely doesn't have a sliver of the emotional/sentimental investment that Stevie holds on to. That tension is hers alone. It seems so juvenile for Waddy or Stevie to think Fleetwood Mac would be pissed off about the Rolling Stone cover, as if they are jealous children. At this point, I don't think they give a sheet about that, though they might a little peeved about her inexplicable expressions of indecision about the pending album.

She hopped on a year long tour, but she takes issue with a month or two to contribute this historic band's final album? This is very bad timing for selfish diva behavior. One would think she would be less circumspect, and naturally want to show some gratitude for the band that made her rich and famous -- the last opportunity to collaborate and make new music with Christine; the final artifact for fans who have followed them for over forty years.

But she's not like other people, she does what she wants to.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-30-2015 at 06:21 AM..
Old 01-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone gone to one of the concerts and seen someone with a sign in front: "Stevie do the damn album"? She'd probably just pretend she doesn't see it, but maybe just maybe she'll say something.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Has anyone gone to one of the concerts and seen someone with a sign in front: "Stevie do the damn album"? She'd probably just pretend she doesn't see it, but maybe just maybe she'll say something.
This is kind of brilliant haha
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's a fair point. I know a lot of people think it's all about the $$. But I'm sure Christine and Lindsey could easily do an album without her. Mick would be the only one worried about that.
Now that's an idea and.........Buckingham, McVie has a ring to it.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Buckingham, McVie has a ring to it.
A sweet, wonderful ring.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
A sweet, wonderful ring.
Would be a cool show to see