User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I hear you and wish I had the willpower you do.

But, I am going to stop reading the board before the first Fleetwood Mac concert of this upcoming tour, just so I won't know the exact setlist. Of course it won't vary that much from previous set lists, but there will probably be at least 1 or 2 surprises, and with Chris being back, we won't know exactly what songs of hers they will do before the tour starts.

So here's to being surprised...

Kevin
I still will read the boards myself .I will just try to stay out of the preview snippet and the FM setlist threads.

Now some probably noticed that I absent from commenting in those threads.

Its hard but I will keep up it .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have no problem with the snippets- they are giving me a small taste of what to expect going into the album. They are adjusting my expectations in regards to the style of production, quality of Stevie's vocals, the genre of songs the album will contain, etc. So far this has wrought sort of a dichotomy in my mind- I really, really love about half of what I'm hearing... the other half scares me a bit, to be honest. Still, I think the snippets are fulfilling their intended purpose- building excitement among us fans.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I have no problem with the snippets- they are giving me a small taste of what to expect going into the album. They are adjusting my expectations in regards to the style of production, quality of Stevie's vocals, the genre of songs the album will contain, etc. So far this has wrought sort of a dichotomy in my mind- I really, really love about half of what I'm hearing... the other half scares me a bit, to be honest. Still, I think the snippets are fulfilling their intended purpose- building excitement among us fans.
They are definitely building up excitement for me! But I will do my best to save my first full listen for the vinyl I ordered. Out of curiosity, which songs are you scared about?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me .The record is sold without hearing it like most of Stevie's and FM records.

I remember the local record shop back in the 1970's and 1980's let you hear snippets of albums before the album was purchased.I always pass when the sales person say "Do you want to preview this album first". I said No.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Out of curiosity, which songs are you scared about?
The song that scares me most is All The Beautiful Worlds. It sounds very 1980s Adult Contemporary. Hopefully it's just the clip, though. If You Were My Love sounds a bit Adult Contemporary as well- but I'm still holding out hope for that one, too.

The general strain I'm hearing when Stevie flexes her range is concerning, as well. Lady is the most prominent example, but the latter half of The Dealer exhibits the same symptoms.

On the other hand, songs like Mable Normand, Belle Fleur, 24K Gold, Starshine Silver, and others are just revelations.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Hi everyone, I've decided I'm not going to listen to anymore snippets from the new Album. I'm not going to re-visit the already released snippets. Why ? I want to buy the Album as fresh as possible......luckily for me I didn't know all of the demos that well,..so I'm not listening to anymore, and can't wait for release day.......
Anyone else feel the same ?
Hey Sue!! You just have to listen to the new Hard Advise snippit! You'll love it so amazing.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi everyone, I've decided I'm not going to listen to anymore snippets from the new Album. I'm not going to re-visit the already released snippets. Why ? I want to buy the Album as fresh as possible......luckily for me I didn't know all of the demos that well,..so I'm not listening to anymore, and can't wait for release day.......
Anyone else feel the same ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Hey Sue!! You just have to listen to the new Hard Advise snippit! You'll love it so amazing.
Wow! For real?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The song that scares me most is All The Beautiful Worlds. It sounds very 1980s Adult Contemporary. Hopefully it's just the clip, though. If You Were My Love sounds a bit Adult Contemporary as well- but I'm still holding out hope for that one, too.

The general strain I'm hearing when Stevie flexes her range is concerning, as well. Lady is the most prominent example, but the latter half of The Dealer exhibits the same symptoms.
Stevie is in her late 60s of a rock and roll life lived to the hilt and the songs were pretty much recorded live and in very few takes there is going to be some strain.Adult Contemporary has been the template for any Stevie studio album after RAL so should songs on that style appearing on the new album really come as a surprise.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Hey now stop it, I'm trying to be good. Tho' Blue Water might just sway me.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey now stop it, I'm trying to be good. Tho' Blue Water might just sway me.
I don't know how you will manage this sue. But you did say NO snippets, not even Blue Water.....

Last edited by MoonSister75; 09-03-2014 at 04:00 AM..
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I still will read the boards myself .I will just try to stay out of the preview snippet and the FM setlist threads.

Now some probably noticed that I absent from commenting in those threads.

Its hard but I will keep up it .

I tried that last tour and I got burned. For example, I thought I too would just not open any tour setlist threads, but when I went to the Fleetwood Mac forum, there was a thread called "New Sisters of the Moon" or something like that. You would have to be kind of slow (and I'm sure you aren't ) not to realize that SOTM was in the new setlist. Anyway, good luck however you decide to manage it. This time around I"m determined not to know what I'm going to hear before the concert.

Kevin
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I don't know how you will manage this sue. But you did say NO snippets, not even Blue Water.....
I know but I'm on a walking holiday in The Cotswolds (truly beautiful area of England) and we have Indian Summer here, so I'm lounging in the garden as its HOT for walking and I know I'll have itchy fingers when Blue Water emerges.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I tried that last tour and I got burned. For example, I thought I too would just not open any tour setlist threads, but when I went to the Fleetwood Mac forum, there was a thread called "New Sisters of the Moon" or something like that. You would have to be kind of slow (and I'm sure you aren't ) not to realize that SOTM was in the new setlist. Anyway, good luck however you decide to manage it. This time around I"m determined not to know what I'm going to hear before the concert.

Kevin
I am flying to the US to visit family around Christmas, and am going to the last show in Tampa on December 20, so I don't know how I can control myself lol
Old 09-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know but I'm on a walking holiday in The Cotswolds (truly beautiful area of England) and we have Indian Summer here, so I'm lounging in the garden as its HOT for walking and I know I'll have itchy fingers when Blue Water emerges.
It has been hot today. It's strange for this time of year, but I like it! That sounds like a nice holiday, and great weather for it.
I can see why you might not be able to resist Blue Water. I'm enjoying all the snippets and the build up. The clips are so short that I don't think they'll spoil the first listen of the album, and I just can't resist them anyway
Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

On the other hand, songs like Mable Normand, Belle Fleur, 24K Gold, Starshine Silver, and others are just revelations.
I hear you re some of the AC sound, bit realistically speaking, Stevie has been veering in that direction since the mid-90s. I would, however, have enjoyed a Mirage-era rendition of IYWML. But I'm excited to hear the full song!

I frankly don't hear the strain in Stevie's voice - her upper range is no doubt diminished, but I'm impressed with the raw vocals I've heard so far.