User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Gay Ledgies of the World Unite!

Well, I've always been toying with the idea of just making a thread for the GLBT community of The Ledge.

Fleetwood Mac really has a power to affect those of us who never really had the same opportunity to experience life as our straight brothers and sisters. Dating, courting, proms- the day to day life that is Rumours is sadly denied to most of us homosexuals. Yes, this IS changing- thank gawd- however, for those of us old fogies Fleetwood Mac / Buckingham Nicks really gave us another world to experience passion, love, lust, dreams, goals, desires, unrequited love, betrayal, anger, retribution, loneliness, discovery, reconciliation, forgiveness, and- ultimately- absolute joy.

Granted, I'm pretty sure that most of our straight friends have experienced some of those emotions through FM as much as us. But, jeez- when one is starving to death, a turkey meal with all the fixin's sure as hell tastes a lot better.

Anyways.... I have always loved the fact that I am gay. I feel almost blessed by it. I hope that other Ledgies out there feel the same way. If any of you out there feel like you are out of place or in a different world, believe me- we are here and there is much solace in comraderie and the understanding that "I have been there before, and believe me, it will only get better".

So, if you're gay come over here to my little niteclub- tell some stories, share a bit of fun. Revel in the fact that you are blessed. Of course, all of our straight siblings are most welcome to hang out and partake of the glory that is Gay (or even offer some challenging remarks regarding the glory that is Heterosexual!! )

Old 10-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't today National Coming Out Day? How appropriate.

Just how many of us are there here, anyway?
Old 10-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Dating, courting, proms- the day to day life that is Rumours is sadly denied to most of us homosexuals.
Not to be straight in your gay parade, but I was denied this too ok, i'll leave you sissies alone.... I have to go to my baton twirling in STTD class.... oh, and are you gay boys gonna wanna chat with the sapphic sisters????

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas
Isn't today National Coming Out Day? How appropriate.

Just how many of us are there here, anyway?
I had no idea- "Isn't that WEIRD??"

It seems so antiquated these days that people still have to declare their sexual orientation to others. It's kind of sad. I'm such a naive-optimist-idealist-dreamer that I tend to forget that there is still so much discrimination and bigotry out there. I'm lucky because I live in an idyllic gay ghetto.

I'm really surprised at how lavendar The Ledge is- we are legion.

I'm still trying to get my toaster oven by recruiting Dissention. Although, that wouldn't be THAT much of feat considering the dude has the hots for Doug Wilson.....
Old 10-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
oh, and are you gay boys gonna wanna chat with the sapphic sisters????
I do it alllllllllllllllll the time!

Notice how I used the acronym "GLBT". I included all of us.

Whenever you're ready to come over to the dark side, Amber, just let us know.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

((Fleetwood Mac really has a power to affect those of us who never really had the same opportunity to experience life as our straight brothers and sisters. ))

BLAAAAAA, WHO GIVES A SH*T!!! I dont!

Thank God I was born gay, I wouldnt want to be straight if you paid me to be. Im sure you typed this out as a joke, but why care what someone else thinks of you.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I do it alllllllllllllllll the time!

Notice how I used the acronym "GLBT". I included all of us.

Whenever you're ready to come over to the dark side, Amber, just let us know.
But I already am a gay man, i'm telling you - an athletic, sporty, gay man!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, quit trying to recruit Diss. Ain't enough straight guys around here already!!!

Old 10-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Signing in as a homo

-Curt
Old 10-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyways.... I have always loved the fact that I am gay. I feel almost blessed by it.
I think it's absolutely wonderful that you can say that because I am so far from being there. Maybe one day I can feel that great about being gay.

Hillary
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I don't set out to be picky, but I get pissed off when I see reverse double standards. If I switched that sentence around you'd be fire bombing my house. Like when women blatantly mock men. Or one of the black girls at my school who'd always make jokes about white people and everyone would laugh as if it were so cute. What the f*ck?

Good lord, is that the time? I need to do some more procrastinating.
I hate that too.

Old 10-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageboy25
Im sure you typed this out as a joke, but why care what someone else thinks of you.
I don't care what anyone thinks of me- I thought I was pretty clear on that. Your quote was a little out of context, so maybe you missed my point.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I don't set out to be picky, but I get pissed off when I see reverse double standards. If I switched that sentence around you'd be fire bombing my house. Like when women blatantly mock men. Or one of the black girls at my school who'd always make jokes about white people and everyone would laugh as if it were so cute. What the f*ck?
I have to say that I agree with you there. I think dissing another sexual orientation to try to cancel out the discrimination one experiences is counter-productive and has a tendency to perpetuate the negative feelings people of different sexual orientations have for each other. But, I can understand the comment if it was made entirely as a joke.

Hillary
Old 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I think it's absolutely wonderful that you can say that because I am so far from being there. Maybe one day I can feel that great about being gay.

Hillary
Maybe you should get your booty outta Louisiana!! Where i am, i feel weird NOT being gay (not really, but kinda...) Come to the giant women's softball team that is berkeley.... (again, i'm kidding)

Old 10-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
By the way, quit trying to recruit Diss. Ain't enough straight guys around here already!!!
No one needs to try, honey- he's basically a Friend of Dorothy anyways.

( to Dissention)