Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2024, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anthology Tour 2018

I saw this show in Miami. I decided to spurge and did the meet and greet. It was the most money I've spent on a ticket ($300), but I knew that he would be playing some rare songs so I went for it. I aggressively was the first in line for the M&G only to discover that it was better to be at the end of the line because Lindsey hung out and chatted with the remaining fans at the end. I had already met him several times and gotten his autograph and even scored a casual picture with him at a show on the SWS tour, so it wasn't that big of deal that I didn't get to chat with him more.

I was 2nd row center, but there wasn't any seats in front of me, so basically I was front row. I really enjoyed the show and it was great to hear the songs that he hasn't played in a while or it all. I saw him on the OOTC tour, so I got to hear some of those songs live, but it had been many years earlier. Overall, he was good spirits and sounded good. That was the last time I've seen him. I had a chance to see him on the last tour, but COVID was still raging, so I decided not to go. He's getting old and in poor health, so I'm not sure I will see him again even if he does decide to tour again. If the Anthology tour is the last one it sure it was a good one.

As I was going through some files I found some videos that I recorded at the show. The spotlight is bright on his face through most of it, but it still takes me back to that moment. I generally try to be in the moment and enjoy the show, but it nice to have some footage to look back and take me back to that moment in time. I've never shared these before.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Q5?usp=sharing
Old 01-26-2024, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

soul_drifter, why do you say Lindsey is in poor health? I read he may have had Covid toward the end of his last tour, but otherwise I thought he was generally in good health. It seems like he takes care of himself. Have you seen recent photos or something?
Old 01-27-2024, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I saw this show in Miami. I decided to spurge and did the meet and greet. It was the most money I've spent on a ticket ($300), but I knew that he would be playing some rare songs so I went for it. I aggressively was the first in line for the M&G only to discover that it was better to be at the end of the line because Lindsey hung out and chatted with the remaining fans at the end. I had already met him several times and gotten his autograph and even scored a casual picture with him at a show on the SWS tour, so it wasn't that big of deal that I didn't get to chat with him more.

I was 2nd row center, but there wasn't any seats in front of me, so basically I was front row. I really enjoyed the show and it was great to hear the songs that he hasn't played in a while or it all. I saw him on the OOTC tour, so I got to hear some of those songs live, but it had been many years earlier. Overall, he was good spirits and sounded good. That was the last time I've seen him. I had a chance to see him on the last tour, but COVID was still raging, so I decided not to go. He's getting old and in poor health, so I'm not sure I will see him again even if he does decide to tour again. If the Anthology tour is the last one it sure it was a good one.

As I was going through some files I found some videos that I recorded at the show. The spotlight is bright on his face through most of it, but it still takes me back to that moment. I generally try to be in the moment and enjoy the show, but it nice to have some footage to look back and take me back to that moment in time. I've never shared these before.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Q5?usp=sharing
I was at this show. I was in the front row on the right side of the stage almost in the center. I really loved it. It was incredible to see him pour every ounce of energy into each song. His set was really long too. I got to strum his guitar on GYOW. What a treat! I still have the photo of us together on my computer that I sometimes put on my wallpaper.
Old 01-27-2024, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

wow, those are beautiful. thanks for sharing..

--Lis
Old 01-28-2024, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I generally try to be in the moment and enjoy the show, but it nice to have some footage to look back and take me back to that moment in time.
This is the eternal conundrum!

For reasons including those I barely recorded anything from his amazing 2018 Alabama concert but have lived to regret it. His voice was in amazing form, better than in most any other concert recordings I've seen or heard from that tour. I think the acoustics of the lovely old concert hall helped; also he'd had a few days off since his previous show. I remember the standout being Shut Us Down (dedicated to Stevie), which someone thankfully posted on YouTube. Even when he did Down On Rodeo as an encore (specially requested in the meet n greet), I only recorded the opening bars and then turned off the camera to "be in the moment". The moment was nice but I wish I could relive it with a recording.

Thank you for these clips!
Old 01-28-2024, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the first few years I never payed attention to the words of Shut Us Down, but it really is Lindsey and Stevie's story as told by Lindsey. He admits to making mistakes, but also calls out Stevie, which I'm sure she was not pleased about. The version on the 2018 tour took on extra potency after finding out that Stevie never wanted to be on stage with him again. He slowed it down so it has that extra emotional edge stemming from the recent events of that year. And the guitar playing is killer on it as well. It's really well done. The same with his version of Soul Drifter on this tour. It takes on a different meaning.

It's great he did Down on Rodeo. I haven't heard him perform that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
This is the eternal conundrum!

For reasons including those I barely recorded anything from his amazing 2018 Alabama concert but have lived to regret it. His voice was in amazing form, better than in most any other concert recordings I've seen or heard from that tour. I think the acoustics of the lovely old concert hall helped; also he'd had a few days off since his previous show. I remember the standout being Shut Us Down (dedicated to Stevie), which someone thankfully posted on YouTube. Even when he did Down On Rodeo as an encore (specially requested in the meet n greet), I only recorded the opening bars and then turned off the camera to "be in the moment". The moment was nice but I wish I could relive it with a recording.

Thank you for these clips!
Old 02-02-2024, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing, the songs were amazing

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource