The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just booked a Ticket to see Debbie Harry perform with The Jazz Passengers at the Gateshead International Jazz Festival in March. CANNOT WAIT!!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too! We make our own happiness. If you don't like something, change it! Happiness is there, grab ahold of that mutha!!!!
I do think that life does suck for some people. But my own core beliefs tell me that the world is a decent place and that life can be very, very good.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me too! We make our own happiness. If you don't like something, change it! Happiness is there, grab ahold of that mutha!!!!
So true! Took me until this week to realise I actually had the strength and means to pull it off but... I'm very, very happy now that I have
Old 11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
So true! Took me until this week to realise I actually had the strength and means to pull it off but... I'm very, very happy now that I have
Although I was never really unhappy, Aug/Sept of 2009, I decided that I was making major changes in my life. And I have. I have reinvented myself, in several ways. And ALTHOUGH I've not achieved everything I set my sights on(YET!), that doesn't really matter. Because I have achieved happiness with myself.
I'm still searching for that damned thing called love, but even if I never find that, I've found that true happiness lies within. I have fantastic friends, who love and support me. And that makes for a fantastic life.

I truly believe that we do make our own happiness.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although I was never really unhappy, Aug/Sept of 2009, I decided that I was making major changes in my life. And I have. I have reinvented myself, in several ways. And ALTHOUGH I've not achieved everything I set my sights on(YET!), that doesn't really matter. Because I have achieved happiness with myself.
I'm still searching for that damned thing called love, but even if I never find that, I've found that true happiness lies within. I have fantastic friends, who love and support me. And that makes for a fantastic life.

I truly believe that we do make our own happiness.
Yep I feel the same! I had to make major changes because I had so many problems that I'd never bothered to face that I'd just kept it inside and dumbed myself down mentally to try and stop caring. They built up until they pushed me down to rock bottom and I didn't know how to deal with them, 'cause I'd just been using a good friend as a crutch through it all. I lost that friend but at the very end they convinced me to stand on my own two legs, fix my problems and make my own happiness. It was the best advice I've ever had.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Yep I feel the same! I had to make major changes because I had so many problems that I'd never bothered to face that I'd just kept it inside and dumbed myself down mentally to try and stop caring. They built up until they pushed me down to rock bottom and I didn't know how to deal with them, 'cause I'd just been using a good friend as a crutch through it all. I lost that friend but at the very end they convinced me to stand on my own two legs, fix my problems and make my own happiness. It was the best advice I've ever had.
You know, for me, the main thing was.....I've always been a loner, of sorts. I mean, I always had friends....but I enjoyed my solitude, a little too much. Plus, a bad relationship, 10 years previous, left me completely heartbroken, and I'd really just given up on love. Not on life, but on love.

So, I woke up last Aug, on vacation, and it was like a cloud had been lifted. I was over being heartbroken, and I was over being alone. It was quite the epiphany!!! So it really all started with me wanting to get into shape. I lost 45 lbs, started dating, and just had a new outlook on life. Funny....before....I had no interest in Facebook, or texting, of much of anything social(my social life consisted of hanging out at a neighborhood redneck bar....there were a lot of good friends there, but it wasn't much of a life). Now, I'm a FB addict, and have friends out the ying yang, and party invitations constantly.
I did actually go on a vacation, by myself, 3 weeks ago, and I'm going again, next week, but I'm okay with that. Texting and FB on my phone, make it almost like being home with friends.

But, for the most part, I've murdered the loner in me.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I realized, after being in the front row of an arena concert for a band that I love, that once you do that, it's kind of impossible to go back to NOT being in the pit. Which is going to be come an expensive habit, but damn, there's nothing like being right in the front of something THAT huge.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I realized, there's nothing like being right in the front of something THAT huge.
I know, right!
I experienced that with matchbox20. I had to go to another show just to experience up close.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel fabulous todaaay. Got assignment #2 done, got 11 hours of sleep, and off to see Harry Potter tonight. Good times.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HOLY **** Harry Potter.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you gonna make up your mind
When you gonna love you as much as I do

Old 11-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
When you gonna love you as much as I do

I love that song....it always gives me chills!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember running thru the wet grass, falling a step behind, both of use never tiring, desperately wanting!

Oh BTE is making my day today.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, for me, the main thing was.....I've always been a loner, of sorts. I mean, I always had friends....but I enjoyed my solitude, a little too much. Plus, a bad relationship, 10 years previous, left me completely heartbroken, and I'd really just given up on love. Not on life, but on love.

So, I woke up last Aug, on vacation, and it was like a cloud had been lifted. I was over being heartbroken, and I was over being alone. It was quite the epiphany!!! So it really all started with me wanting to get into shape. I lost 45 lbs, started dating, and just had a new outlook on life. Funny....before....I had no interest in Facebook, or texting, of much of anything social(my social life consisted of hanging out at a neighborhood redneck bar....there were a lot of good friends there, but it wasn't much of a life). Now, I'm a FB addict, and have friends out the ying yang, and party invitations constantly.
I did actually go on a vacation, by myself, 3 weeks ago, and I'm going again, next week, but I'm okay with that. Texting and FB on my phone, make it almost like being home with friends.

But, for the most part, I've murdered the loner in me.
Ahh I can relate, I've only been in love once but that ended badly enough to put me off it for the foreseeable future! I've rekindled a few friendships though and have cut some horrible "friends" out of my life. Hard to avoid them at school and all but it's going well... I'll probably never completely stop being a recluse, but I'm a lot more confident now and I'm ready to start having some kind of social life again

Last edited by RickRobert; 11-19-2010 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

TGIF!!! I avoided a client today..WOOOO lol I am SOOOOO scared to get a client....but after the day went on I was kinda sad I didnt get a client....but its okay. I have another 5 months for clients LOL At the same time I hate school because I'm friends with people but of course they are closer to other people and hang out with them more and dont include me in everything and what not...like Sam and Jen and Sarah....they all do stuff on eachother and I'm the loner =( No one asks me to do stuff on them and it makes me sad...but whatever...I have like almost my whole Sophmore packet done and they dont...HHEHEHEHE

So yea....JTIS

~Love, Caitlin~