The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought two copies, one to "use" and one to keep sealed, but havent opened either yet. Did anyones copy look "damaged" from the outside before they opened it that would say "this looks bent"?

I saw a picture on facebook of someones disk with big black inside the vinyl. Did anyone else have the same problem?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised there are so many defects on this pressing. Mine had a straight red bar on one of the records.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't opened mine, and I'm not sure I want to after hearing about defects. Mine looks great on the exterior - no bending or creases.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
I bought two copies, one to "use" and one to keep sealed, but havent opened either yet. Did anyones copy look "damaged" from the outside before they opened it that would say "this looks bent"?
Mine is pristine on the outside. I've never seen a record cover look so flawless, so I'm kind of baffled that the vinyl itself has defects. In addition to the red bar, I just noticed that one of the records has a large v-shaped scratch on it.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yah, sounds like they just dusted off the original mothers from the first pressing and quickly pressed these out with inferior quality control. Uhg. Sad. There is a possibility they made a new mother from the original acetate though. Mothers are only good for a certain number of pressing before they diminish in quality. This is why Early pressings of classic albums are more desirable than later ones at record stores.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kudos to Amazon.com

I ordered my disc 2 - side 3 flawed copy through Amazon. "Rooms on Fire" skips through the beginning.. so I sent Amazon an email and they, ever so quickly, sent me another copy and it's pristine... even though I think "Crystal Visions" tracking order is awful... poor Leather and Lace sandwiched way in the back between "Rock and Roll" and "Edge of Seventeen - Live".. I have to say the sound is pretty incredible with the needle on in.. Love having "Sorcerer" and "Planets" on vinyl, especially since "Trouble In Shangri-La" has become one of my all time favorite Stevie records which should be released on vinyl... back to listening to side 3, my favorite.. "somewhere out in the back of your mind..."
Old 05-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

I was considering buying the Crystal Visions vinyl but now with all the defects im not sure what I should do. Should I buy it now or should I wait a bit?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I was considering buying the Crystal Visions vinyl but now with all the defects im not sure what I should do. Should I buy it now or should I wait a bit?
I just got my replacement in the mail from amazon. I immediately checked disc 2 since that was the one I had the initial problem with. It looked perfect. I pulled out disc 1 and it was awful. I don't know how these made it out of the factory without someone noticing them. I was still happy because I had a complete set of seemingly good discs, but when I went to play disc 2 side A, it skips badly through the entire side. Sadly I'm forced to return it and just get my money back. Does anyone have contact info for RTI? I'd like to e-mail them and let them know there is a problem. Probably wouldn't hurt to let Reprise know as well. I encourage anyone who gets a bad copy to do the same. Maybe they'll fix the issue and do a successful pressing?
Old 05-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazon has removed the title from direct sales. Though there are third-party
options still available.

I suppose one could play Russian Roulette with Crystal Visions. Buy how ever
many copies it took to get two good discs. Then send the other ones back. How
ethical that might be, I don't know. And no, I didn't do that.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The bundles also appear to be gone from the Warner music store.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like I just bought one of the last remaining copies from Amazon UK. I left that a bit late!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Ledgie

Default Mine returend to warner

I don't know whats happened but I received a refund for mine the other day. I received the poster and I was waiting on the bag and LP. The only thing/reason I can think of is because they are faulty
Old 06-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaboo View Post
I don't know whats happened but I received a refund for mine the other day. I received the poster and I was waiting on the bag and LP. The only thing/reason I can think of is because they are faulty
I wonder. It would be nice if Reprise issued a statement or something. I just tried my luck with my 3rd copy, this one from Barnes and Noble. I opened it right in the store because their return policy is more strict than amazon. The vinyl looked fine, but side 3 starts skipping on Rooms on Fire, and doesn't stop. It's too bad because the sound is really good.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
so I sent Amazon an email and they, ever so quickly, sent me another copy and it's pristine...
That's awesome! Just curious ~ is there anyone else on this forum that purchased a flawless copy? I'm interested what the ratio is against all these "defective copies".

I might be willing to give it another shot if there are a lot of you receiving nice, pristine copies.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
That's awesome! Just curious ~ is there anyone else on this forum that purchased a flawless copy? I'm interested what the ratio is against all these "defective copies".

I might be willing to give it another shot if there are a lot of you receiving nice, pristine copies.
Mine does not *look* pristine, but thankfully no skips or issues with sound quality.