User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
See, you're the one assuming that I'm body shaming. I was just making fun of Chiffonheads in general.

So IF this woman was skinny, she would be fair game? But because she's not, she can't have fun poked at her? Is that the level of PC that we've reached? Someone skinny CAN be mocked for looking like an idiot, but someone who's heavy is IMMUNE from mockery? If so, that is TRULY a double standard.

Think about it.
...and would you have posted a picture of a slim chiffonhead in this instance? No, because for you that wouldn't have been funny. The Dunkin Donuts reference clearly alludes to the fact you partly find the picture humorous because she is large. This lady clearly loves Stevie/FM and as such there's a decent chance she'd either be a Ledgie herself or at least take a look from time to time. I feel for her if and when she reads this.

You are a middle aged man. Think about it.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie says that hurts my everything...
Old 05-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie says that hurts my everything...
That looks pretty approachable....

Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Making fun of her voice, songwriting, performances, and behavior? 100% fair game.
Quote:
So IF this woman was skinny, she would be fair game? But because she's not, she can't have fun poked at her? Is that the level of PC that we've reached? Someone skinny CAN be mocked for looking like an idiot, but someone who's heavy is IMMUNE from mockery? If so, that is TRULY a double standard.

Think about it.
I'm not defending the pic, but I do wonder why we categorize certain things as okay to make fun of and not others. I wouldn't make fun of someone's weight, but I wouldn't make fun of someone's performance either. I can have my opinions on both, but I don't need to vocalize them to get a laugh or make someone feel bad.

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up. The argument is that Stevie is a celebrity and it comes with the territory and she's a big girl and can handle it, and while that is true, I am a big boy and can handle it too, but I certainly don't want to be talked about that way; no one does. I suppose I understand it on a certain level, but talking trash about people, especially to get a laugh or be hurtful, seems kind of sh**ty to me, and I don't know why it matters who you're talking about.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 05-29-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Old 05-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
That looks pretty approachable....
Dude, that could be tag teamed!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I'm not defending the pic, but I do wonder why we categorize certain things as okay to make fun of and not others. I wouldn't make fun of someone's voice, but I wouldn't make fun of someone's performance either. I can have my opinions on both, but I don't need to vocalize them to get a laugh or make someone feel bad.

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up. The argument is that Stevie is a celebrity and it comes with the territory and she's a big girl and can handle it, and while that is true, I am a big boy and can handle it too, but I certainly don't want to be talked about that way; no one does. I suppose I understand it on a certain level, but talking trash about people, especially to get a laugh or be hurtful, seems kind of sh**ty to me, and I don't know why it matters who you're talking about.
welcome to the internet ; where obscure people can sit behind keyboards and "comment" ugly, mean-spirited rants.
Not to mention he's mocking her appearance over 25 years ago, in the midst of her addiction to Klonopin. So "he's" not only mocking her weight, but mocking an illness.
Maybe it's the only way certain people can feel better about themselves
Old 05-29-2015, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
welcome to the internet ; where obscure people can sit behind keyboards and "comment" ugly, mean-spirited rants.
Not to mention he's mocking her appearance over 25 years ago, in the midst of her addiction to Klonopin. So "he's" not only mocking her weight, but mocking an illness.
Maybe it's the only way certain people can feel better about themselves
You hit the nail on the head right there!

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyysss...getting back to the topic of this thread. Ken Caillat just posted this as his status on his Facebook page...

"Full Story, I just got the new LIFE Mag issue on FLEETWOOD MAC. I was amazed and shocked at how negative they made most things sound. Or maybe they decided to throw me under the bus and twist my quotes completely. To show how inaccurate they are I didn't see 1 mention about my co-producer Richard Dashut who was there with them for much longer than I was! I wish I wasn't mentioned!"
Old 05-29-2015, 12:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
See, you're the one assuming that I'm body shaming. I was just making fun of Chiffonheads in general.

Think about it.
You also have to keep in mind that HomerMcVie lives his 50 year old washed up life thru Lindsey Buckingham's guitar greatness with his hands in his pants. He gets off by attacking anything Stevie related. He loves her but can't admit it because with out Stevie he and this blog would be nothing but 5 people talking. Hence, he is Lindsey. Bleed to Love Her
Old 05-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

I guess I feel the same way about the forum rules. I could post the nastiest, most vulgar insult my twisted mind could come up with about Stevie, and no one would bat an eye, but even a mild criticism of Michele or David or Johnny Stew would get me reprimanded, even banned if I kept it up.
Stevie is not on this board. She need not be a "big girl". It doesn't matter if she can "take it." She isn't even here. Whether she can take the criticism or not is irrelevant. It's fine to insult people who are not here. It's not ok to attack people you're in a conversation with, because they said something you didn't like about your favorite star -- who is not in the conversation, doesn't know about it and doesn't care. I don't know why that's a difficult distinction.

The problem with Homer McVie's post is that coming on the heels of people getting upset about his goat comment, I think it was designed to bait people here and that's not ok. You can speak an opinion, but if you do it with the deliberate intent to make others upset, then that's wrong. If a collateral effect of speaking one's mind is making a protective fan upset, then that fan shouldn't be here.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-29-2015 at 12:51 PM..
Old 05-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
You also have to keep in mind that HomerMcVie lives his 50 year old washed up life thru Lindsey Buckingham's guitar greatness with his hands in his pants. He gets off by attacking anything Stevie related. He loves her but can't admit it because with out Stevie he and this blog would be nothing but 5 people talking.
I have no problem with there only being 5 people (or less) talking on the blog.

Michele
Old 05-29-2015, 01:46 PM

This thread is going very off topic...
Old 05-29-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
You also have to keep in mind that HomerMcVie lives his 50 year old washed up life thru Lindsey Buckingham's guitar greatness with his hands in his pants. He gets off by attacking anything Stevie related. He loves her but can't admit it because with out Stevie he and this blog would be nothing but 5 people talking. Hence, he is Lindsey. Bleed to Love Her
This sounds bitter and a bit of an attack on your part. Re-read it if you don't understand what I mean. You're doing the very thing you're chastising him for doing.

Can't we all just get along....
Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This thread is going very off topic...
Quick!! Give us some loving gifs!!
Old 05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie is not on this board. She need not be a "big girl". It doesn't matter if she can "take it." She isn't even here. Whether she can take the criticism or not is irrelevant. It's fine to insult people who are not here. It's not ok to attack people you're in a conversation with, because they said something you didn't like about your favorite star -- who is not in the conversation, doesn't know about it and doesn't care. I don't know why that's a difficult distinction.
When I made my original comment, I was thinking more along the lines of people who rationalize that celebrities "sign up for" and "deserve" things like anonymous insults and paparazzi stalkings. I never understood why someone's line of work being lucrative or making them known to a large number of people should influence how they are treated by others. So your distinction of basing things on who is and isn't here is something different, and that's why I said I understand it on a certain level, although I'm not sure how we can ever know who is here and who isn't. We've had band members here before, and it wouldn't shock me to know that others check it out anonymously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The problem with Homer McVie's post is that coming on the heels of people getting upset about his goat comment, I think it was designed to bait people here and that's not ok. You can speak an opinion, but if you do it with the deliberate intent to make others upset, then that's wrong. If a collateral effect of speaking one's mind is making a protective fan upset, then that fan shouldn't be here.
Makes sense, but I can usually distinguish between a criticism, which doesn't bother me, and an insult, which almost always feels like baiting.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Quick!! Give us some loving gifs!!