User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2023, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Enjoyed the remasters!

Two observations: I noticed that the electric guitar riff was minimized on "Northern Star," just as it was for the "Songbird" collection. I wonder why - I like that riff.

AND, my biggest pet peeve with this whole album was not fixed! It's in "Sweet Revenge," one of my favorite tracks. In the instrumental break, in the part where the background singers sing, "Trapped!," and Christine sings "just a little...," at the end of "little" you can hear the beginning of a "j" sound, as if they sloppily truncated a take where she continued with the line "Johnny says come around if you dare." I know it's minute, but it's always bugged me that that's there. Shouldn't be too hard to edit that out.

Agree with the poster who said it's so bittersweet to hear her voice so upfront and clear.
Trapped in the middle of a lousy cut and paste!!!
Old 07-18-2023, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Trapped in the middle of a lousy cut and paste!!!
I forgive you….
Old 08-16-2023, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! Yesterday I was looking at the Wikipedia article of In The Meantime and I was so surprised about the news of a new release...So I came here!!
I don't use Spotify (I still have a music player on my phone), so I'll wait until November to know the sound differences you say, but I'm so excited about this new work!! Christine's solo career is something I still must learn about.
Thank you, dear people!
Old 08-16-2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi! Yesterday I was looking at the Wikipedia article of In The Meantime and I was so surprised about the news of a new release...So I came here!!
I don't use Spotify (I still have a music player on my phone), so I'll wait until November to know the sound differences you say, but I'm so excited about this new work!! Christine's solo career is something I still must learn about.
Thank you, dear people!
I believe In The Meantime is out on Apple and Amazon.
Old 10-11-2023, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

@rhino_records will reissue TWO Christine McVie albums on November 3rd. “Christine McVie” will be released on CD and LP. Also, a cola-bottle clear vinyl version will be available exclusively from Barnes & Noble.
On the same day, “In The Meantime” will be released on CD and as a 2 LP set featuring a “songbird” etching on the final side.
“Christine McVie” is the second solo album by Fleetwood Mac Christine McVie, released in 1984. It was McVie's first solo recording since her 1970 self-titled release (under her maiden name). The album features two singles that reached the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, "Got a Hold on Me" and "Love Will Show Us How", which reached numbers 10 and 30, respectively. The album peaked at #26 in the US, spending 23 weeks on the Billboard 200. In the UK, the album reached #58 on the UK Albums Chart. Album was last pressed on LP in 1984.
“In The MeNtime”(sic) was originally released in 2004, and was produced by Christine McVie, Ken Caillat and Dan Perfect (Christine’s nephew).
The album has not been released on vinyl previously, will be a 2LP gatefold with a Songbird etching on side 4.
Pre-order both at Rhino.com
Old 10-11-2023, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
@rhino_records will reissue TWO Christine McVie albums on November 3rd. “Christine McVie” will be released on CD and LP. Also, a cola-bottle clear vinyl version will be available exclusively from Barnes & Noble.
On the same day, “In The Meantime” will be released on CD and as a 2 LP set featuring a “songbird” etching on the final side.
“Christine McVie” is the second solo album by Fleetwood Mac Christine McVie, released in 1984. It was McVie's first solo recording since her 1970 self-titled release (under her maiden name). The album features two singles that reached the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, "Got a Hold on Me" and "Love Will Show Us How", which reached numbers 10 and 30, respectively. The album peaked at #26 in the US, spending 23 weeks on the Billboard 200. In the UK, the album reached #58 on the UK Albums Chart. Album was last pressed on LP in 1984.
“In The MeNtime”(sic) was originally released in 2004, and was produced by Christine McVie, Ken Caillat and Dan Perfect (Christine’s nephew).
The album has not been released on vinyl previously, will be a 2LP gatefold with a Songbird etching on side 4.
Pre-order both at Rhino.com
All right all right, sold! Jeez... twist my arm
Old 11-03-2023, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone got their copies yet? I ordered both CDs but they won't come until Sunday. I have yet to see anywhere where I can listen to the 1984 album remaster online and was curious if anyone knew if there's somewhere online where it's at. I've checked Amazon, Spotify and iTunes and it's not there.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished listening to the entire 1984 album. The only song that I heard a noticeable difference was Ask Anybody. The mute guitar seemed to be a lot more clear than the original release. Other than that, it seems to be a typical "remaster" where the audio levels were adjusted slightly instead of the Fleetwood Mac ones for example. Certainly nothing like the In The Meantime release which could almost considered to be a completely different album given the changes on it.

Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 11-05-2023 at 09:52 PM..
Old 11-06-2023, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I was just searching for the remaster, and clicked on this link. WTF are the track listings on it? Somebody's high?

https://www.deepdiscount.com/christi...waAvhnEALw_wcB
Old 11-06-2023, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I was just searching for the remaster, and clicked on this link. WTF are the track listings on it? Somebody's high?

https://www.deepdiscount.com/christi...waAvhnEALw_wcB
Okay, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. Chris is bewitched, bothered, and bewildered, gurl!

And she surpasses Babs in her rendition of "Evergreen."

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-07-2023 at 10:35 AM..
Old 11-07-2023, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. Christ is bewitched, bothered, and bewildered, gurl!

And she surpasses Babs in her rendition of "Evergreen."
Christ on a cracker. Just saw your response. Babs had nothing on our queen!
Old 11-07-2023, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christ on a cracker. Just saw your response. Babs had nothing on our queen!
Egads — Chris, not Christ! That’s my second typo in the sane thread.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And my ITM cd arrived today. I'm thrilled! Will be blasting that in the car...
Old 11-06-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Just finished listening to the entire 1984 album. The only song that I heard a noticeable difference was Ask Anybody. The mute guitar seemed to be a lot more clear than the original release. Other than that, it seems to be a typical "remaster" where the audio levels were adjusted slightly instead of the Fleetwood Mac ones for example. Certainly nothing like the In The Meantime release which could almost considered to be a completely different album given the changes on it.
I hear very pronounced differences in "Liar," "Bad Loser," and "Forgiveness."

I prefer the new remixes of "Friend," "Anything," "You Are," and "Bad Loser."

I do not dig the remixes for "Liar," "Forgiveness" (dropped synth horns which actually worked well), or "Calumny" (those cheesy chimes in place of guitar!)
Old 11-06-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I hear very pronounced differences in "Liar," "Bad Loser," and "Forgiveness."

I prefer the new remixes of "Friend," "Anything," "You Are," and "Bad Loser."

I do not dig the remixes for "Liar," "Forgiveness" (dropped synth horns which actually worked well), or "Calumny" (those cheesy chimes in place of guitar!)
I too think of Bad Loser when referencing Bad Journey.

I can hear the re-mix in just about every song on this new re-master.