Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Out Of The Cradle birthday, so close...

Hi there! We’re near to another anniversary of the release of Out Of The Cradle, first studio album of Lindsey after his departure from Fleetwood Mac, and I want to make a thread with my own opinion about my favourite Lindsey's album (then Go Insane, I think...). And, obviously, I invite you to discuss what do you think...
I can start telling you that I found this album by casual circunstances, watching first the video of Countdown on utube. Then I heard the rest of the songs, and wow, they’re wonderful!

01. & 02. Instrumental Introduction - Don't look down: The song is good, I love the number of guitars he included here! But I don't know why Lindsey appears with his tour band, when originally he played all the instruments on the album...Nice start!

03. & 04. Wrong and Countdown: I count them together, because they were The Hits of the album. Videos of both songs are excellent (Wrong is funny), rythms and lyrics. Amazing solos!!!! I don't mind if Wrong is dedicated to Mick...I only listen to the song!

05. All my sorrows: Is good and, maybe easy to play. It hasn't great changes, only Lindsey's voices, two or three guitars, percussion, bass. So harmonic, so quiet.

06. Soul Drifter: Maybe one of the highest points. I love sing it and play the solo. The lyrics are so beautiful, and the video too! It's a very sweet song...

07. & 08. Instrumental Introduction - This is the Time: I think Come from SYW has a little (little) bit of this song. Quiet start, rock middle, and then a quiet end. But, TITT ends with a solo. The live performances are wonderful, nice to see more guitarists playing. Rock, man!!

09. You do or you don't: What Lindsey made before Bleed To Love Her. I love both songs, and I knew BTLH first, but my surprise was when I heard the BTLH part. I couldn't believe! Maybe many of you too...

10. Street of Dreams: Like All my sorrows, no great changes, a very sad song, but the end solo is wonderful, with the sound of the rain behind and the volume increasing...

11. & 12. Spoken Introduction - Surrender the Rain: I don’t know why Lindsey used the Spoken Introduction to another song when he performed live. Surrender the Rain is another big, big song, and if you listen to the keyboard in the chorus, you may find it similar to You & I part II, where’s a similar keyboard. Nothing else. Is just what I think, I know I’m maybe wrong...But definitely, it's one of my favourites! I really love it.

13. Doing what I can: Like Miranda, with Big Love similar guitar parts...And I can imagine it with a “modern” style! Like a dance song...

14. Turn it on: It sounds like a dance song too!!

15. & 16. This nearly was mine – Say We’ll Meet Again: As you can see, I put them together. Just because I think the first is the introduction of the second. If you hear them with attention, maybe you could find me the reason! Say We’ll Meet Again is the sweetest Lindsey’s song, I don’t know if it’s the best of the album, but is a wonderful slow song, and This nearly was mine is a good intro for it. It’s my favourite, and a beautiful end.

Well, as you can see, I wrote about every song. Maybe not a big article about everyone, but simply my opinion. When I listen to this album, my imagination flies and grows, thinking about a video for every song, and nothing but rock & calm, new versions, love stories (of mine...), etc.
Lindsey worked so hard on this album, and definitely he was out of the cradle when he started to work with. And I know as I could see, that is the favourite of many of you.
So, I have some questions...

- Do you think Out Of The Cradle had 80s influences? You know, starting with the Lindsey's work for Tango In The Night. Maybe he took something...
- And, knowing that Lindsey was working from the middle of the 90s on his next works, Under The Skin and Gift of Screws, and Say You Will, do you think these albums had influences of OOTC?
- Could be This Nearly Was Mine an intro for Say We’ll Meet Again?
- Why Lindsey didn’t release another promotional video?
- Why Lindsey didn't continue with this band?

Regards! Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 114346345.jpg (12.8 KB, 4 views)