Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Ledgie

Default Love Runs Deeper Guitar Tabs

Does anyone have tabs for this song? Specifically what Neal and Brett play on the live versions.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah i second this, I would love to see the tabs for the solo part.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, the acoustic bits are like this:

Open G tuning, capo 4.

The chords used are (all names relative to capo):

Em11 - x-9-9-7-8-7
D - x-7-7-7-7-7
G - x-0-0-0-0-0
C - x-5-5-5-5-5

For the verses the progression is Em11 - D - G -C so you get something like this:

(Em11)Well you came to me (D) you (G) cooled my mind (C)
The (Em11) stakes were high (D) im-(G)-possible to describe (C)
I (Em11) loved you little child (D) how you (G) mystified (C)
Just a (Em11) blinding flash (D) we were (G) parallel lines (C)

The chorus is all just built around the G, C and D chords and go something like this:

(G) Loves runs deeper (D) from the undergro-(C)-ound (G)(C)(G)(C)
(C)Love runs deeper from a (D) broken ho-(G)-me (D)
(G) Black angel can't (D) be alo-(C)-one (G)(C)(G)(C)
(C) Love runs deeper from the (D) undergro-(G)-ound (D)

I'm sorry about putting chords in the middle of words but it's the best way I could do it with the position of the chord changes in the song. Listen to it and you should hopefully hear it. I'm pretty sure the chords are but there's the chance I've typed them in the wrong place. Let me know if I have.

The chords behind the first solo are just the same as the verse and for the second solo are the same as the chorus.

If you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U1iUnok410 you can see very clearly what Neal is doing during the verses if that helps.

I hope this helps a bit. I'll try to get some of the solo. I've not had a go at it myself yet but I'll try. For now that youtube video focuses on Lindsey well for the solos so you might be able to get some from that.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks. As in a lot.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Ledgie

Thanks very much... I have that video but I was thrown off by the tuning. Also it looks to me as if Neal and Brett are capoed on different frets.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
Thanks very much... I have that video but I was thrown off by the tuning. Also it looks to me as if Neal and Brett are capoed on different frets.
It looks to me that Neale is using a capo on the 6th fret but the chords he is playing sound the same as if he was in capo 4 with standard tuning so I'm guessing his guitar is tuned down a tone (one full step) i.e. he is in open F tuning instead of open G. Brett looks like he has capo 4 in open G. I'm honestly not sure why Neale's guitar is tuned lower. It could have been set up for a different song. I know Treason (which they did live on the same tour) is in open F so maybe he used the same guitar with a higher capo to avoid having to retune it from open G to open F.

Even though they have capos in different positions, what they are playing is tonally the same. I'd say just tune to open G and capo 4 since it's less work.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
It looks to me that Neale is using a capo on the 6th fret but the chords he is playing sound the same as if he was in capo 4 with standard tuning so I'm guessing his guitar is tuned down a tone (one full step) i.e. he is in open F tuning instead of open G. Brett looks like he has capo 4 in open G. I'm honestly not sure why Neale's guitar is tuned lower. It could have been set up for a different song. I know Treason (which they did live on the same tour) is in open F so maybe he used the same guitar with a higher capo to avoid having to retune it from open G to open F.

Even though they have capos in different positions, what they are playing is tonally the same. I'd say just tune to open G and capo 4 since it's less work.
I'm writing out powertabs for the song which is why the capos were confusing me but you're right I'll just leave both at open G capoed at 4.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Ledgie

This was rediculously helpful by the way thank you!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
I'm writing out powertabs for the song which is why the capos were confusing me but you're right I'll just leave both at open G capoed at 4.
I started doing one last night and got to the chorus and it's all just so layered that I thought I'd leave it since I wasn't really sure what the electric is doing under it all. Let me know when you get yours finished. Good luck with it

I'm planning on doing some of the other songs from the album as well but I'm not sure where to start. I might just do TPT since it's pretty simple. Well... simple is the wrong word. It's just the same two repeated guitar lines with little or no variation so it'll save a lot of work since I've already got it done but not ordered.

Quote:
This was rediculously helpful by the way thank you!!!
No problem. Happy to help.

EDIT: By the way, are you doing the bass for your powertab as well? I started that so if you weren't planning on doing it then I can finish it, if you want.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I started doing one last night and got to the chorus and it's all just so layered that I thought I'd leave it since I wasn't really sure what the electric is doing under it all. Let me know when you get yours finished. Good luck with it

I'm planning on doing some of the other songs from the album as well but I'm not sure where to start. I might just do TPT since it's pretty simple. Well... simple is the wrong word. It's just the same two repeated guitar lines with little or no variation so it'll save a lot of work since I've already got it done but not ordered.

No problem. Happy to help.

EDIT: By the way, are you doing the bass for your powertab as well? I started that so if you weren't planning on doing it then I can finish it, if you want.
I've got the Gutar World DVD where Lindsey explains TPT. I'll see if i can post some of the stuff (I think he shows the tuning and the chorus) and no I'm not doing the bass powertab... 1) I know very little about bass and 2) I decided to just do the live arrangement (Lindsey thought it was good enough).
Old 10-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How's this coming along?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
How's this coming along?
Almost done. I kinda got caught up in some other stuff but I'll probably finish it tonight. Anyone want me to upload it? If so I'll need to know how cause I don't know how to go about that...
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Ledgie

So I've hit a rough spot near the end of the second guitar solo. Anyone have any idea whats going on starting at 3:32 (studio version)?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Supporting Ledgie

HAHA... yeah that part is fun! Work that neck!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the way, are you doing the bass for your powertab as well? I started that so if you weren't planning on doing it then I can finish it, if you want.
I want. Please.