User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The thing I remember about Mick was that he said one thing to Lindsey, then Stevie came in and Mick changed his mind. It was a double album anyway with all the tracks. I think about 4 tracks could have been cut.

I just remember thinking, "Wow now I see why he wants Christine to be there."
Yes, I guess Mick is decidedly two-faced. That's why Lindsey was like, "I don't have one ally in this band."

But if you want a drummer to stay up all night riffing with you, I think he's your guy. Just give him some liquor to tide him over.

Michele
Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really?!? Why on earth would anyone expect Stevie to put in as much studio time as Lindsey or Chris?? She never has. This is not a solo record. Even back when FM acted more like a band (The first 3 BN-FM records) She said many times that she simply wasn't needed, and left the studio to write or whatever. She certainly isn't going to sit around and watch Lindsey & Christine work out their respective songs now.

Personally, I can't say whether I really look forward to the next FM "project." But, there is no denying both Stevie and Lindsey are coming off solo high points. I'm anticipate that the three songwriters will contribute 3-4 potentially good, maybe a few great songs. But will they ever satisfy every fan?!? Absolutely not!

Last edited by Christopher; 04-26-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
IThe whole thing with Lindsey trying to tell Stevie to change her verb tenses was ridiculous, too. The woman once wrote a song with the lyrics: "she stares at the stairs..." . Lindsey was obviously just trying to get a rise out of Stevie (possibly as retribution for something she did earlier), and she took the bait.
Yes, I think Lindsey does things to both Stevie and John. I think Stevie does things to Lindsey. I don't know what John does. But since Cory mentioned that John did retaliate for Lindsey holding their plane up after a concert, I suspect that John does things to Lindsey as well.

It's like being a kid in the back seat of a car with your brother and putting your leg over on "his" side, to get a reaction.

Michele
Old 04-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Its like a job.FM has its share of problems with its members over the years.

This reminds me of the last couple of jobs I had. Nobody got along with each other and most of them were great workers.

Fist fights happen.Verbal abuse .Sex harassment ,bullying .People got fired,quit and one boss always said. "Please work in harmony".

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the topic of Stevie's errors in writing I just realized one of her worst ever that never really gets mentioned but it's also probably the first error she ever made.

When you look up at snow covered hills and you see snow rolling down those hills it's an avalanche not a landslide

But heh in the words of Stevie, the landslide bringing you down is just so beautiful, we've all let it slide for 40 years

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
On the topic of Stevie's errors in writing I just realized one of her worst ever that never really gets mentioned but it's also probably the first error she ever made.

When you look up at snow covered hills and you see snow rolling down those hills it's an avalanche not a landslide

But heh in the words of Stevie, the landslide bringing you down is just so beautiful, we've all let it slide for 40 years
I heard a couple of people mention the song Landslide after the Oso, Washington mud disaster. It was appropriate.

Ha, the word "avalanche" might have been just as clunky as "barricade" is. It's funny, because hurricane is not a smoother word than "barricade" and they have the same number of syllables, but "barricade" just doesn't seem right.

Michele
Old 04-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

i've seen that mentioned numerous times.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

You know.... after reading all these comments .... I think you are all right on... Stevie Nicks really cannot write music worth a damn, Hell she can barely speak English.. not even knowing the difference between an avalanche and a landslide.... And you know she hasn't a clue how to write music... I mean look at all the hits and success's Christine McVie has had..And justwhy Stevie Nicks is even allowed to be in the band.. Geeezzzz......She should just stay in Nashville and not even tour..... I mean no one goes to see FM because of Stevie Nicks...

My lord people........ do you ever listen to yourselves...??
Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post
You know.... after reading all these comments .... I think you are all right on... Stevie Nicks really cannot write music worth a damn, Hell she can barely speak English.. not even knowing the difference between an avalanche and a landslide.... And you know she hasn't a clue how to write music... I mean look at all the hits and success's Christine McVie has had..And justwhy Stevie Nicks is even allowed to be in the band.. Geeezzzz......She should just stay in Nashville and not even tour..... I mean no one goes to see FM because of Stevie Nicks...

Actually the vast majority of that stuff wasn't said by anybody, but yourself. Take it easy.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Actually the vast majority of that stuff wasn't said by anybody, but yourself. Take it easy.
Spot on again Mike..
Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I guess Mick is decidedly two-faced. That's why Lindsey was like, "I don't have one ally in this band."

But if you want a drummer to stay up all night riffing with you, I think he's your guy. Just give him some liquor to tide him over.

Michele
Stevie did bring the spirit catcher! Now what would LB have done without that??
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you look at the track listing for IYD on wikepedia, Dave Stewart wrote virtually ALL the music for Stevie's new songs. The only music she is credited is a for older songs she brought in. So knowing this I assume they are in the studio fleshing out the songs, while Dave is writing the music. Seems Stevie has trouble coming up with melody these days. So I am hoping she will bring these demos to Linsdey. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post

BahahahAaaaa! I laughed so hard at this!!
You know...most every single one of the people who comment on this tour (around my job, etc) say something like "Man, Stevie is just so amazing"
I think they are all pretty amazing....maybe we are in the minority?

Also....I'm pretty sure they all enjoyed the AVALANCHE of money that came in like a LANDSLIDE from those record sells!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If you look at the track listing for IYD on wikepedia, Dave Stewart wrote virtually ALL the music for Stevie's new songs. The only music she is credited is a for older songs she brought in. So knowing this I assume they are in the studio fleshing out the songs, while Dave is writing the music. Seems Stevie has trouble coming up with melody these days. So I am hoping she will bring these demos to Linsdey. Fingers crossed.
very true. I wonder why that is. If you look at the song credits on TISL, Stevie wrote the majority of the songs on that record(music and lyrics). I think only two songs were cowrote with someone else and maybe 4 were written by other people. Yes, some of these were old songs but not all.

Hmmmm....maybe Lindsey can share some of his "melody pills" with Stevie. They seem to be working great for him.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
As I posted earlier I don't think she's at Blackbird trying to come up with demos...As for Lindsey I don't think Stevie is going to devote time recording FM songs with Dave producing only to turn them over to LB and say "Here they are do what you want with them"...Personally I think Stevie has grown slightly weary of "the Lindsey sound" and she is working with Dave because she has something else in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I think she's already written most of her songs...Since co-writing is her new thing she's probably already written a few with Dave and with any luck a few with Christine and maybe 1 or 2 with Dave & Christine I also think she arrived at Blackbird with some fairly polished demos in hand...
I would think the band is on board with what she is doing or she would not be in Nashville at a studio where time is most likely just as expensive as it is at the Village...

Seems they are hard at work with whatever is taking place at Blackbird...

Michelle and Stevie have been friends for a long time but even she is not giving us any clues...I get the impression someone has the project on media blackout...

Stevie, Michelle and Christine...