Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If you look at the track listing for IYD on wikepedia, Dave Stewart wrote virtually ALL the music for Stevie's new songs. The only music she is credited is a for older songs she brought in. So knowing this I assume they are in the studio fleshing out the songs, while Dave is writing the music.
I think you are absolutely right. I rewatched Destiny Rules last night, and that's exactly what she did for Say You Will, too. The rest of the band was recording Lindsey's and some of Stevie's older songs, meanwhile Stevie was off recording her own demos outside of Fleetwood Mac to bring some fresh product to the band. Stevie reiterates this multiple times when the documentary is starting. She even insists on playing her own demos to the Warner Bros executives first vs Lindsey's complete Fleetwood Mac tunes.

So it's my strong feeling that Stevie is simply getting some fresh product ready to bring to Fleetwood Mac. That's why Dave said he was working with Stevie on a new Fleetwood Mac project and not album. She may detest recording with Lindsey, but I don't think she'd avoid it, either. Also, another thing watching Destiny Rules again last night taught me: it seems like the big issue with Say You Will wasn't necessarily the recording process being unpleasant. Stevie & Lindsey actually seemed to get along great for the most part. The big, ugly battle was chosing the tracking order. I kind of doubt that'll be an issue this time around, given Christine's presence.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 04-25-2014 at 08:38 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Registered

Wow! Looking through comments I find people here are very rude! Insulting Stevie!

Listen, Stevie and Chris are Probably Not There

Waddy and Dave must be doing something but I doubt it's with Stevie

Stevie will go in the studio soon so everyone needs to wait
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I think she's just trying to bring some new songs to the FM table.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Wow! Looking through comments I find people here are very rude! Insulting Stevie!

Listen, Stevie and Chris are Probably Not There

Waddy and Dave must be doing something but I doubt it's with Stevie

Stevie will go in the studio soon so everyone needs to wait
Two things that go against this theory. We know that Stevie is in Nashville with Dave and we also know Dave is working on a "FM project".
Old 04-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
As has already been stated, some of Dave's production work on Stevie’s In Your Dreams album was reminiscent of the FM sound and this didn't go unnoticed by critics at the time of it's release in 2011. "Annabel Lee" and "Moonlight" could definitely have sat comfortably on a Mac album and even the likes of "Secret Love" wouldn't have been out of place. In fact, "Secret Love" is a fine example of Dave conjuring something out of nothing - a very average song made to sparkle.
I think Glenn Ballard produced that one.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Two things that go against this theory. We know that Stevie is in Nashville with Dave and we also know Dave is working on a "FM project".
I bet Stevie is doing a duet with Dave

Where Does It Say Dave is working on a "FM project".
Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I bet Stevie is doing a duet with Dave

Where Does It Say Dave is working on a "FM project".
Dave tweet that, I believe.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Dave is definitely working on something big and it is being kept under wraps...

I've been following Dave on twitter since he started tweeting about working with Stevie on what would become "IYD" and he is always tweeting about what he is doing but this past week there has been a total avoidance from Dave with what he is doing not to mention the fact that people that know Stevie ( Michelle Branch) have been at Blackbird and no one is saying anything which leads me to believe this is indeed FM related...Now if it was Stevie's call or solo related I would think she would let Dave tweet like he did with "IYD" I get the feeling the secrecy surrounding what is going on in Nashville is coming from the FM camp...
Old 04-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I honestly think Dave was behind Stevie's superior vocals on IYD, which were a vast improvement upon her work on the TISL and Say You Will albums.
I know you know this, but since Stevie has been working with her voice coach since 1997, her voice has naturally improved over the years.Dave has nothing to do with her technique.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I know you know this, but since Stevie has been working with her voice coach since 1997, her voice has naturally improved over the years.Dave has nothing to do with her technique.
I disagree....Dave made writing/recording fun for Stevie...She was having "The best year of her life" making "IYD" and it shows...
Old 04-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Dave is definitely working on something big and it is being kept under wraps...

I've been following Dave on twitter since he started tweeting about working with Stevie on what would become "IYD" and he is always tweeting about what he is doing but this past week there has been a total avoidance from Dave with what he is doing not to mention the fact that people that know Stevie ( Michelle Branch) have been at Blackbird and no one is saying anything which leads me to believe this is indeed FM related...Now if it was Stevie's call or solo related I would think she would let Dave tweet like he did with "IYD" I get the feeling the secrecy surrounding what is going on in Nashville is coming from the FM camp...
I agree. I do think that Dave is going to be very much involved in ths MAC project. Mick was very much involved with Stevie and Dave during the making of IYD and Lindsey came in for SA. Lindsey knows what a great experience it was for Stevie and he going to do what he can to make this a "fun" experience. Many songs to me on IYD sounded and could have been great MAC songs. Her voice (IMO) sounded the best it has in years on a record. Dave did a fantastic job on all fronts.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I tend to disagree. I think Stevie's live vocals have continued to deteriorate over the years, but I truly think Dave coaxed some great recorded vocals out of her. I think he challenged her in a positive way, and it shows. Stevie doesn't seem to react well to Lindsey's more confrentational challenges, for instance. Since Stevie's vocal coach has arrived on the scene, Stevie's vocals have tended to be more forced sounding. Look at how softly & beautifully Stevie sings at the beginning of New Orleans, for instance. I fully credit Dave for bringing out such nuances.

Just compare Stevie's vocals on Trouble In Shangri-La to In Your Dreams, too. The TISL vocals sound lazy & unispired in comparison. Maybe that's because Stevie & Sheryl were stoned out of their gourds for the majority of that album, I don't know. But there's more determination & passion behind Stevie's In Your Dreams vocals by a mile.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think you are absolutely right. I rewatched Destiny Rules last night, and that's exactly what she did for Say You Will, too. The rest of the band was recording Lindsey's and some of Stevie's older songs, meanwhile Stevie was off recording her own demos outside of Fleetwood Mac to bring some fresh product to the band. Stevie reiterates this multiple times when the documentary is starting. She even insists on playing her own demos to the Warner Bros executives first vs Lindsey's complete Fleetwood Mac tunes.

So it's my strong feeling that Stevie is simply getting some fresh product ready to bring to Fleetwood Mac. That's why Dave said he was working with Stevie on a new Fleetwood Mac project and not album. She may detest recording with Lindsey, but I don't think she'd avoid it, either. Also, another thing watching Destiny Rules again last night taught me: it seems like the big issue with Say You Will wasn't necessarily the recording process being unpleasant. Stevie & Lindsey actually seemed to get along great for the most part. The big, ugly battle was choosing the tracking order. I kind of doubt that'll be an issue this time around, given Christine's presence.

Aaaaannndddd,... breathe. You can always count on louie to bring the Sense
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Curious to know if all these friends of Stevie's are going to be on her finished tracks...can't imagine FM wants Michelle Branch as a guest vocalist on their (final?!?!) album. Whatever. I'll buy it anyway...whenever it actually comes out. Hoping for a more Tusk vibe. Then it won't matter what the hell she leaves Nashville with. Though another solo album along the lines of IYD wouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Curious to know if all these friends of Stevie's are going to be on her finished tracks...can't imagine FM wants Michelle Branch as a guest vocalist on their (final?!?!) album. Whatever. I'll buy it anyway...whenever it actually comes out. Hoping for a more Tusk vibe. Then it won't matter what the hell she leaves Nashville with. Though another solo album along the lines of IYD wouldn't be too bad.
Don't worry Michelle is just visiting...She is still working on her next record and is in Nashville from time to time and she may still have a house there but I'm not sure of that...

Speaking of which I wonder if Reese still has the condo and if so Stevie & company could be staying there after all it would be "Cheaper Than Free"...

Sorry but the "Tusk" days are long gone and I don't think FM will be taking any risks this time like they did with Tusk...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-25-2014 at 06:23 PM..