Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Official Bootlegs" from Tori Amos

I got email from Tori today. (Yes, I KNOW she typed and sent it herself - don't burst my bubble, bitches! ) She's the latest artist who will record and release "official bootlegs" of her shows.

http://www.toribootlegs.com/

It looks like there will be 6 sets altogether, with the first 2 due next month. Each one of her shows has a unique setlist, and even if she does repeat a song, you can be sure there will be something *noticeably* different about it.

Just a heads-up for you Tori collectors and even casual fans, or for those of you who wanted to see her on tour this year, but couldn't. The CDs are cheap - you can pre-order and get 2 bootlegged shows for less that the price of an actual ticket to one concert.

Excited!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the heads up. So awesome!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Not a Tori Amos fan...

but that is good to know she is jumpin' on the "Official Bootleg" bandwagon....Hopefully other artists will now join the likes of Pearl Jam, Dream Theater (Not only are some of the older standout DT live preformances released officially, So are some studio rarities such as their complete version of the Metallica classic "Master Of Puppets"), Peter Gabriel, Kiss & Mark Knopfler in releasing "official bootlegs" to their fans.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
I got email from Tori today. (Yes, I KNOW she typed and sent it herself - don't burst my bubble, bitches! ) She's the latest artist who will record and release "official bootlegs" of her shows.

It looks like there will be 6 sets altogether, with the first 2 due next month. Each one of her shows has a unique setlist, and even if she does repeat a song, you can be sure there will be something *noticeably* different about it.

Just a heads-up for you Tori collectors and even casual fans, or for those of you who wanted to see her on tour this year, but couldn't. The CDs are cheap - you can pre-order and get 2 bootlegged shows for less that the price of an actual ticket to one concert.

Excited!
I thought this was pretty awesome, too. I've already pre-ordered the first two. Aaaand, I'll be seeing her live this Saturday.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

thanks alot...ive got some stuff from there
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Excited!
oh my god I am so excited. i usually go to hereinmyhead to download them and they are always great quality. TORI ROCKS.

now, why can't Stevie do this? lol
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this is an awesome idea, and since I love Tori I'm very excited about it..I agree Stevie should do this also..but I dont think that will EVER happen

Chris
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
this is an awesome idea, and since I love Tori I'm very excited about it..I agree Stevie should do this also..but I dont think that will EVER happen

Chris
not a chance in h.e.double hockey sticks...but I can dream
Old 08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
I thought this was pretty awesome, too. I've already pre-ordered the first two. Aaaand, I'll be seeing her live this Saturday.
Have fun Mikki! Tell Tori I said hello!

Littlecricket is going to tonight's show (or maybe last night's), and I'm hoping for a review.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickslover2071
thanks alot...ive got some stuff from there
Do you mean from the Shopbootlegs.com site? I noticed the redirect, but didn't click up to the main level until you mentioned that.

They have a good selection of musicians on there - I'm surprised. I had heard about the Pearl Jam official boots & a few others, but didn't realize this trend was really catching on...
Old 08-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
oh my god I am so excited. i usually go to hereinmyhead to download them and they are always great quality. TORI ROCKS.

now, why can't Stevie do this? lol
Oh, you're not kidding - hereinmyhead has the BEST boot site ever. I start to shake a little every time I call up that site -- why don't I have a faster connection?!?!?!

I really like Turbid Blue too. They post some awesome stuff too.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I have a large collection...

Quote:
They have a good selection of musicians on there - I'm surprised. I had heard about the Pearl Jam official boots & a few others, but didn't realize this trend was really catching on...
of the official Pearl Jam bootlegs, They are some of the best live recordings I have heard...Not some lame and dry board recordings without any audience noise, But they are instead professionally mixed recordings that sound just like an "official" live album that most artists release.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl

Chris
I could see Stevie releasing one or two shows from a tour, opening/closing night or one random show and then a special AHI show. I just can't see an extended set of discs when her setlist barely changes over the tour, or when only die-hard fans would really notice a difference in the songs from night to night.

Besides, you're right - there are only, what, 2 official live recordings that she's released on her own? Edge of Seventeen and HAEWAFY? That's it, right? Well, plus At Last and the Divas thing, but those don't really count.

Wow - that just made me very very sad.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
but that is good to know she is jumpin' on the "Official Bootleg" bandwagon....Hopefully other artists will now join the likes of Pearl Jam, Dream Theater (Not only are some of the older standout DT live preformances released officially, So are some studio rarities such as their complete version of the Metallica classic "Master Of Puppets"), Peter Gabriel, Kiss & Mark Knopfler in releasing "official bootlegs" to their fans.
Also:

The Allman Bros Band
Dickey Betts & Great Southern
Little Feat
The Who
Old 08-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
of the official Pearl Jam bootlegs, They are some of the best live recordings I have heard...Not some lame and dry board recordings without any audience noise, But they are instead professionally mixed recordings that sound just like an "official" live album that most artists release.
Cool. Didn't they release every show from a certain tour a few years back? I remember seeing rows and rows of them in brown paper covers in a music store... Have they kept up with the practice? (My apologies - I don't even know if they're still touring. )