User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Peter Green photos for box set

Hi,

Does anyone have any previously unseen photos or memorabilia relating to Peter Green?

I work for Union Square Music and am putting together a 4CD Peter Green box set, due for release in August. I'm looking for any rare stuff that will make the anthology extra-special. Peter himself has kindly given me a couple of recent photos of himself to use, and has even let me scan some of his drawings to use in the booklet.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Holly
Old 01-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Holly,

Thanks forletting us know! Got any info about tracklist? Will there be any prev. unreleased stuff??

Daniel
Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly73 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have any previously unseen photos or memorabilia relating to Peter Green?

I work for Union Square Music and am putting together a 4CD Peter Green box set, due for release in August. I'm looking for any rare stuff that will make the anthology extra-special. Peter himself has kindly given me a couple of recent photos of himself to use, and has even let me scan some of his drawings to use in the booklet.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Holly
I suggest you contact Mick Fleetwood. He might be able to put you in touch with someone who has stored old FM publicity materials, etc...

Will the box set be primarily PG's solo work?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default The Peter Green Anthology

Hi,

The PG box set will span Peter's entire career, from Peter B's Looners to his more recent solo work, via Fleetwood Mac, of course. Peter has had some input as to the tracks he'd like us to use and has made some suggestions. I can't post the final tracklist yet, as we've only just started licensing, but will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Holly
Old 01-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly73 View Post
Hi,

The PG box set will span Peter's entire career, from Peter B's Looners to his more recent solo work, via Fleetwood Mac, of course. Peter has had some input as to the tracks he'd like us to use and has made some suggestions. I can't post the final tracklist yet, as we've only just started licensing, but will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Holly
Sounds interesting! Hope you can find some unreleased
material for us serious collectors.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Ledgie

Hi Holly,

I may be able to help. You can contact me through the "Private Message" forum.

Cheers, Don
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Sounds interesting! Hope you can find some unreleased
material for us serious collectors.
Huge ditto. Load it up with as much obscure stuff as possible. Stuff that maybe 10 guys outside of Peter's inner circle have heard. Also, what would be REALLY cool would be a DVD of rare stuff, too.

Just to offer a suggestion, as far as box sets go, of all the ones I own, the one that sets the standard is Guided By Voices' Hardcore UFOs: Revelations, Epiphanies and Fast Food in the Western Hemispher. These usually sell for about $50-65US.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huge ditto. Load it up with as much obscure stuff as possible. Stuff that maybe 10 guys outside of Peter's inner circle have heard. Also, what would be REALLY cool would be a DVD of rare stuff, too.
Yes! I second that motion! There's just GOT to be more out there than what we've seen to date.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Yes! I second that motion! There's just GOT to be more out there than what we've seen to date.
Same here. I'll third that motion although I know that's not the official term

But.... Somewhere there must be the complete show where Danny breaks his string and Peter sets off to World Keep On Turning solo (from the "Early Years" video), with perfect quality like in the Peter Green - Man Of The World DVD.

And.... It would be VERY nice should Holly be able to lay hands on the concert TV-registration made in Den Haag (Holland), from which part of the Roughage 69 bootleg was taken. I've heard that the original tapes have been destroyed, but who knows........?

And.... maybe there is another video recording somewhere in this world?

And.... I'd love to hear the Munich recordings. Accoording to the Peter Green - Man Of The World DVD Peter has heard them again and really still likes it.

And.... How about this 4 hour Black Magic Woman they played in New York when Jeremy had left and Peter sat in? I'd love to hear that.

And....
Old 01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Same here. I'll third that motion although I know that's not the official term

But.... Somewhere there must be the complete show where Danny breaks his string and Peter sets off to World Keep On Turning solo (from the "Early Years" video), with perfect quality like in the Peter Green - Man Of The World DVD.

And.... It would be VERY nice should Holly be able to lay hands on the concert TV-registration made in Den Haag (Holland), from which part of the Roughage 69 bootleg was taken. I've heard that the original tapes have been destroyed, but who knows........?

And.... maybe there is another video recording somewhere in this world?

And.... I'd love to hear the Munich recordings. Accoording to the Peter Green - Man Of The World DVD Peter has heard them again and really still likes it.

And.... How about this 4 hour Black Magic Woman they played in New York when Jeremy had left and Peter sat in? I'd love to hear that.

And....

Oops, forgot to mention:

And.... Kolors live video registration from Rockpalast (Germany) or any other.

And.... whatever else can be found from both his his "sick" as well as "healthy" years.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[...[...Somewhere there must be the complete show where Danny breaks his string and Peter sets off to World Keep On Turning solo (from the "Early Years" video), with perfect quality like in the Peter Green - Man Of The World DVD...[...]
I think its in NRK's vaults (it was broadcasted in Norwegian TV 1970?)

/zoork
Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
I think its in NRK's vaults (it was broadcasted in Norwegian TV 1970?)

/zoork
I did soe google searching, but couldn't really find it. Could you direct me (us) somehow?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[...]...Could you direct me (us) somehow?
I contacted NRK (www.nrk.no, Ph: 815 65 900 Fax: 75 12 27 77, mail: info@nrk.no) and was told that it was impossible to watch the consert in situ (at NRK), and that they couldn't sell a copy due to copyright issues. (They didn't say "Yes, its over here, and in good shape." But from the mail I got, it appeard to exist).

/z
Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
I contacted NRK (www.nrk.no, Ph: 815 65 900 Fax: 75 12 27 77, mail: info@nrk.no) and was told that it was impossible to watch the consert in situ (at NRK), and that they couldn't sell a copy due to copyright issues. (They didn't say "Yes, its over here, and in good shape." But from the mail I got, it appeard to exist).

/z
Thanks for the effort Zoork.

Holly,

Could you do something about this copyright issue, seeming you are officially occupied with reissues?
Or perhaps Jeremy? I presume you must have some copyright on this?????
Old 03-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Ledgie

Default A wonderful chance

Hi Holly73,

your CD-Box is a wonderful chance to release Peter Green's Singles on CD.

I'm not the only one, looking for:
  • "Heavy Heart" (June 1971),
  • "No Way Out" (June 1971),
  • "Beasts of Burden" (January 1972),
  • "Uganda Woman" (January 1972)
and other rare records.

By the way: You can watch & listen to "Heavy Heart" at YouTube (Very interesting).

Best wishes,
Popmuseum

Last edited by Popmuseum; 03-05-2008 at 02:15 AM..