The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what drugs have you done?
pot 36 83.72%
coke 17 39.53%
crack 7 16.28%
meth 12 27.91%
adderall/ritalin/etc 5 11.63%
ummmm... other? 24 55.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mushrooms are cool -- I've had some fun on them. Met Stevie the second time while on 'shrooms!
I did acid about 4 times in college and then about 8 years later with a bunch of college buddies over the holidays. We got a lot of that on video tape and it's hysterical....table dancing, face painting and spontanious song belting. Thankfully thats the last time I will do that. But it was fun.
I remember when XTC was legal. There was a gay bar in Austin -- Hall's -- where you could buy it for $20 a pill. When it became illegal, I once did it in a powdery form and chased it with a beer. I tripped all night.
While I've done meth (back in the 80's it was called "crank") it always made me too wirey and I just hated the completely empty feeling afterwards. Freaks me out that meth is such a huge problem now.
Again...I'm much happier with a nice glass of cabernet....

rbs
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For the record, I smoked crack once in the 80's. And I've never used a needle but lord knows I had many opportunities. Don't want to elaborate too much on the drug use because I don't want the youngins to get the idea that it's cool. It's fun and naughty at first and the next thing you know your life has gone to **** and you end up in rehab or worse. It wrecks your immune system too.
I've been clean from coke, mescaline, acid, shrooms and probably some other things I'm forgetting since 1997 or before for some of the aforementioned substances. I hadn't had a drop of alcohol since 97 either until some things in my life went to ****. I don't know why I even drank, I don't like it at all. I'm doing better now than I have for a long time. Life is good.
Also, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, not even a drag.
I do have some anxiety issues and have taken rx for valium and xanax in the past.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 02:26 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've done a whole lotta nothing.

Never smoked anything - not even cigs. Never snorted, sniffed, shot up, dropped, or ate any other illicit substances either. I've never gotten drunk and I've never taken prescription medications for anything other than what the doctor directed.

I guess I'm just a goody-goody that way.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
yeah, it shocks the hell out of me that some people I'd never suspect use. like, totally trips me out. especially one co-worker I used to know that was gorgeous and one of those people that you just think is perfect...perfect personality, style, look, everything...then you find out 2 years earlier she was smoking crack in some abandoned house and weighed 90 pounds...I mean, it takes pictures to prove it.

anyway...drugs are everywhere. they raided a house 4 or 5 houses down from me as a meth lab. and I live in a "nice, white, suburban" neighborhood. my area is riddled with meth labs and addicts.
Meth labs are a big problem in the mountains here. When I lived in SF, esp in the 80's and early 90's, there were so many wasted souls (mostly on crack) wandering around the Lower Haight, and the Mission, where I lived, it was really sad. The friend I mentioned was a beautiful talented girl from an upper middle class Marin family, and she was dating a crack dealer, living in a flophouse. She was lucky she had a family to intervene. There were a lot of fires in our neighborhood and we suspected labs were the cause.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Most I've done is smoked cigs. And I've been drunk more times than I can count. I am not the most exciting person on the planet, I know.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Most I've done is smoked cigs. And I've been drunk more times than I can count. I am not the most exciting person on the planet, I know.
Yeah, I smoked all throughout High School - I gave it up as soon as I left though. And Im a drinker - a big drinker
Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I definitely don't think drugs make people exciting, and they only make for good stories if the user is a good storyteller, IMO.
You know, I was always the most cautious about drinking too much, since my dad was an alcoholic.
Oh, I forgot, my mother supposedly abused her pain meds. California. 70's
That reminds me that I used to have these intense pills for Migraine, called Fiorinal. Everyone at the restaurant I worked at wanted some and they seemed to know something I didn't, so I looked the meds up, and they had a street name, though I forget what it was. they were highly addictive, and started causing headaches.

Last edited by ragandbone; 02-04-2007 at 02:33 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
Mushrooms are cool -- I've had some fun on them. Met Stevie the second time while on 'shrooms!
Can you elaborate? I'd love to hear about that.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
Yeah, I smoked all throughout High School - I gave it up as soon as I left though. And Im a drinker - a big drinker
I think I already told my story about smoking... I was in 7th grade.
I only did it when I hung out with my friends, and I never got hooked, thankfully. But drinking? Pick yer poison, I'll down it.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
I definitely don't think drugs make people exciting, and they only make for good stories if the user is a good storyteller, IMO.
They'd probably make me exciting, believe me. Fortunately, I'd rather drink than get high to relieve my anxiety.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I already told my story about smoking... I was in 7th grade.
I only did it when I hung out with my friends, and I never got hooked, thankfully. But drinking? Pick yer poison, I'll down it.
I have not heard your smoking story! And Im sorry, but I have no idea what 7th grade means

Yeah, I drink all to often - in fact I do it for all the wrong reasons, which could be the start of a serious problem...
Old 02-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have not heard your smoking story! And Im sorry, but I have no idea what 7th grade means

Yeah, I drink all to often - in fact I do it for all the wrong reasons, which could be the start of a serious problem...
That was the story. I was 12, 13, and my best friend was already a smoker. I just grabbed a cig one day, and tried it out. Wasn't too impressed. I coughed up a storm when I inhaled properly. lol. She laughed, I laughed, the end.

Yeah, I hear that. My dad always jokes about what a lush I am, but he's probably right. Damn. What can I say, I'm Italian/Scottish.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was the story. I was 12, 13, and my best friend was already a smoker. I just grabbed a cig one day, and tried it out. Wasn't too impressed. I coughed up a storm when I inhaled properly. lol. She laughed, I laughed, the end.
Oh, that was the story I can't even remember trying smoking - I blocked out that whole era of my life

Quote:
Yeah, I hear that. My dad always jokes about what a lush I am, but he's probably right. Damn. What can I say, I'm Italian/Scottish.
I tend to drink when I am upset or drink just to get out of my own head - sort of an escapism I guess. Im headed down a bad road with it, I know...
Old 02-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I tend to drink when I am upset or drink just to get out of my own head - sort of an escapism I guess. Im headed down a bad road with it, I know...
Yep, I know what you mean... I still don't think I do it enough to be worried about it being a serious problem. Maybe I'm in denial? lol.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, I know what you mean... I still don't think I do it enough to be worried about it being a serious problem. Maybe I'm in denial? lol.

I have just been incredibly unhappy lately, and the drinking is becoming more and more frequent - I think we may both be in denial