Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Acoustic version of Friend/Come Out to Play

By any chance does anyone have the acoustic version of Friend and/or Come Out to Play that they can share? I've never even heard them. I'm a horrible horrible HORRIBLE Christine McVie fan, aren't I?
They were released as iTunes exclusives and I was broke at the time, so I couldn't buy them. I think I eventually forgot about them, and now they aren't on iTunes anymore. I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I think sharing copyrighted material here is frowned upon (maybe not, I don't know), but if someone could at least point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful.
Sorry for asking for things so often. I feel like a mooch
Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by kick.inside; 04-20-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have Come Out To Play, but not Friend (acoustic).

Come Out To Play mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?hdaacffxyoo76y7
Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know it really annoys me when the release songs specifically on US iTunes. We don't all live in the US. If the record companies were serious about preventing pirating then albums and songs would be available on the iTunes of all countries. I've lost count of the times I've found something on US iTunes that I can't find in Australia.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wasn't Come Out to Play exclusive to the Australian promo though? I guess it evens out...
I think it sucks though, and I'm American. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be. Doesn't seem very fair.

Anyhow, thank you so much for Come Out to Play, holidayroad.
I love it. Should have been one the album. Oh dear, but "don't you know that I'm human and you are a sexy man" - good lord, I nearly died.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.inside View Post
Wasn't Come Out to Play exclusive to the Australian promo though? I guess it evens out...
I think it sucks though, and I'm American. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be. Doesn't seem very fair.

Anyhow, thank you so much for Come Out to Play, holidayroad.
I love it. Should have been one the album. Oh dear, but "don't you know that I'm human and you are a sexy man" - good lord, I nearly died.
the lyrics on that tune are strange... but i love the groove.. so funky and cool..
Old 04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
the lyrics on that tune are strange... but i love the groove.. so funky and cool..
Extremely incestuous lyrics!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Extremely incestuous lyrics!!!!
I love the way she's able to groove with a bass player... I wish she would let her drummers jazz it up a little more... she would blow that **** up if she did..
Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was on the UK release. I don't remember it being on the Australia one but then I'm not 100% sure if actually have a physical copy of the album.

Unrelated but I'm not sure when I stopped worrying about physically having a CD to play and just did everything digitally and via my iPod?

Last edited by chriskisn; 04-22-2011 at 04:07 AM..
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come Out To Play was on a promo Australian CD. I have it. It was never on the U.K. release.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
By any chance does anyone have the acoustic version of Friend and/or Come Out to Play that they can share? I've never even heard them. I'm a horrible horrible HORRIBLE Christine McVie fan, aren't I?
They were released as iTunes exclusives and I was broke at the time, so I couldn't buy them. I think I eventually forgot about them, and now they aren't on iTunes anymore. I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I think sharing copyrighted material here is frowned upon (maybe not, I don't know), but if someone could at least point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful.
Sorry for asking for things so often. I feel like a mooch
Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help.
I don't have Come Out to Play, but here's the accoustic version of Friend, which I love. This is lossless. http://www.mediafire.com/file/rm2xce...version%29.m4a
Old 04-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Just played that version of Friend for the first time in 2+ years. Goosebumps from head to toe. Awesome song!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh my god thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much! So awesome. SOOOOOO awesome. That woman's voice still has the ability to make my heart totally melt. I think I like this version better than the album version. I love it. I'm so excited right now.
Once again, thank you very very very much
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Quote:
Oh my god thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much! So awesome. SOOOOOO awesome. That woman's voice still has the ability to make my heart totally melt. I think I like this version better than the album version. I love it. I'm so excited right now.
Once again, thank you very very very much
Hey thanks. I really appreciated hearing that song again. What a voice! I almost busted a tear. I love it because it is similar to Brown Eyes, my favorite Christine Mac song. I think this accoustic version of Friend just might be better than the album version.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thankyou for uploading this! I lost mine ages ago and despite the asks for it, no one's uploaded it before now.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Thankyou for uploading this! I lost mine ages ago and despite the asks for it, no one's uploaded it before now.
You're welcome, ButterCookie. I found it on a disc I made 3 years ago. Do you have the other song, Come Out to Play, by any chance? I didn't burn that one to disc, and I swear iTunes stole it back from my library!