Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Facebook and Twitter

Hey, just wondering if anyone on here has Facebook and/or Twitter and I can befriend/ follow you! I'd love to talk to more of my fellow Fleetwood mac fans on there and get to know people Jenni xxxx

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=749168583

http://twitter.com/GypsyWonders92
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Facebook - Bee Lee Buckingham
Twitter - NamedByAPoet

Last edited by Silver Springs; 05-27-2011 at 08:22 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hey, that's great I've requested to follow you but I can't seem to find you on facebook :/ :L Btw, love the name! Silver Springs is one of my favourites!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWonders92 View Post
Hey, just wondering if anyone on here has Facebook and/or Twitter and I can befriend/ follow you! I'd love to talk to more of my fellow Fleetwood mac fans on there
hey, great timing! i just made LB/FM-related twitter and fb accounts over the holidays (and while there are many SN twitter fans, i am having hard time finding LB ones...) - here:

twitter: ellellew
fb: Elle Llew
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I only accept Facebook friends that I communicate with fairly frequently (sorry, guys-- my Ledgie Facebook friends caused me some serious problems a few months ago so this is a fairly recent change), BUT anyone can follow my Twitter.

http://www.twitter.com/daniellaaarisen
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have a Twitter, but my FB link is in my siggy. If you add me, please tell me your Ledgie name. BTW, you can also add me on Skype too. Just tell me your ID and I'll add you

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000309121182

Here's mine
Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I only accept Facebook friends that I communicate with fairly frequently (sorry, guys-- my Ledgie Facebook friends caused me some serious problems a few months ago so this is a fairly recent change), BUT anyone can follow my Twitter.

http://www.twitter.com/daniellaaarisen
Although I've had no problems, I agree. I'm here too much already, so I'm kind of worried about adding too many people. No offense. I mean, if I come here to talk FM and chitchat, I don't need that following my on FB, too.
I try to keep FB for my real life social friends. I have no family on there, even though they've asked. They don't need to read of my wild adventures!!!

Okay, can someone explain Twitter to me? I mean, I'm on there, BUT,......
I live in a medium sized(100K) town, and NO ONE there Twitters(tweets, whatever). My friends in Indy Twitter, though. That's kind of strange. Is it more of a big city thing? My friend moved down from Indy, and he told me that everyone there Tweets, but no one in my town does.

Sooo, it's like FB, in that you post your status, BUT ALSO, you constantly post your location, too?
^^^Is that pretty much it? WHY would I want ppl to know where I'm at??? So that I can get stuck in the grocery store, talking for an hour. No thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Although I've had no problems, I agree. I'm here too much already, so I'm kind of worried about adding too many people. No offense. I mean, if I come here to talk FM and chitchat, I don't need that following my on FB, too.
I try to keep FB for my real life social friends. I have no family on there, even though they've asked. They don't need to read of my wild adventures!!!

Okay, can someone explain Twitter to me? I mean, I'm on there, BUT,......
I live in a medium sized(100K) town, and NO ONE there Twitters(tweets, whatever). My friends in Indy Twitter, though. That's kind of strange. Is it more of a big city thing? My friend moved down from Indy, and he told me that everyone there Tweets, but no one in my town does.

Sooo, it's like FB, in that you post your status, BUT ALSO, you constantly post your location, too?
^^^Is that pretty much it? WHY would I want ppl to know where I'm at??? So that I can get stuck in the grocery store, talking for an hour. No thanks.
Honestly, I don't really know anybody with a Twitter in my school, Stony Brook, and yet, it's in an area of LI that, over the years, has gotten very built up and gone upscale. Not even the people I know that dorm there that live in NYC have one. I guess, like you said, it must be a "big city thing" (and a thing my uncle had to do cause it was another "toy" for him, even though he hated it, same going for PSP, Kindle, and Blackberry, all things he has absolutely no use for, but had to buy cause it was a new "toy" for him )

As for what it is, I think it's like FB statuses, except it's limited to 140 characters and, quite honestly, I don't think the whole world needs to know when i go to the bathroom

Old 01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, it's strange, that we both hear that Twitter is such a big thing, yet don't really know anybody that does it. I think John(aperfectlie) is my only follower. But I've not even checked it, for a month or so. I sent the notifications to my phone, but then just ignored the whole thing.
Facebook is all I need. FB and the Ledge.

Yes on the bathroom. A friend of mine, always posts his FB status as "just farted".
Thanks Matt, I didn't need that info.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, it's strange, that we both hear that Twitter is such a big thing, yet don't really know anybody that does it. I think John(aperfectlie) is my only follower. But I've not even checked it, for a month or so. I sent the notifications to my phone, but then just ignored the whole thing.
Facebook is all I need. FB and the Ledge.

Yes on the bathroom. A friend of mine, always posts his FB status as "just farted".
Thanks Matt, I didn't need that info.

I just think it's funny the kinds of random things people will write on their walls on FB. I have people who quote things, tell us their whole life story, etc. Of course, if you want a really good laugh, read some of the stuff submitted to Failbook or Lamebook

Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post

I just think it's funny the kinds of random things people will write on their walls on FB. I have people who quote things, tell us their whole life story, etc. Of course, if you want a really good laugh, read some of the stuff submitted to Failbook or Lamebook
My favorites, are my young friends, who get on there, and RANT away!

I hate the F*CKING world. Why does my life always turn to sh*t? I wish everyone would just leave me the f*ck alone.

I mean, how can you not laugh at those. And yeah, it's always the same 2 or 3 friends, that consistently do that.

I would like to respond - your life is sh*t, because you're too lazy to work. You're irresponsible, in every aspect of your life. THAT, is why your life sucks. Grow yourself a backbone, and make something out of your life. Sorry to have to tell you the truth. Have a good day.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
SALAD FINGERS!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
SALAD FINGERS!
When the cartoon display picture trend was going on I changed it to my favourite cartoon character - Salad Fingers! My DP has never actually been me though cause I don't want my family to ever find and add me
Old 01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My favorites, are my young friends, who get on there, and RANT away!

I hate the F*CKING world. Why does my life always turn to sh*t? I wish everyone would just leave me the f*ck alone.

I mean, how can you not laugh at those. And yeah, it's always the same 2 or 3 friends, that consistently do that.

I would like to respond - your life is sh*t, because you're too lazy to work. You're irresponsible, in every aspect of your life. THAT, is why your life sucks. Grow yourself a backbone, and make something out of your life. Sorry to have to tell you the truth. Have a good day.
I've felt like saying that many times, including one of my friends who happens to be one of my aunt's wacko friends. She's nuts, writes these crazy things on her wall, and yaks about how much she hates her job. I've wanted to say something or drop her, but it could very easily get back to the family.