Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1967 Bluesbreakers live recording will be available soon

I got some good news about the Peter Green-era Bluesbreakers recordings that Tom Huissen made back in 1967. For those who don't know, Tom is from the Netherlands, and has been around the blues scene in the UK and Europe for many years. He has a band called John the Revelator, which was inspired by early Fleetwood Mac and formed in the late '60s.

As some of you already know - it's been discussed here on the Ledge - Tom recorded five Bluesbreakers shows during the first half of 1967. He has just sent out word that he will be releasing them one at a time. The first show to be released is from the Marquee in London, from 27 April 1967. I've copied the information he sent about the show and about obtaining it as a bonus for ordering the latest John the Revelator CD - see the info below.

I think pretty much everyone I've run across here on the Ledge is in agreement that we should not copy or trade recordings that are currently available, only bootlegs and out of print music - I think it's worth keeping this in mind here since Tom is now making these rare recordings available. I have no commercial interest in any of this, just passing along the information I've received to everyone here.

This looks like some exciting news - here's the information sent by Tom:

In the past you showed interest in the Peter Green tapes I made in 1967.
I got good news for you.
The time has come that all the Peter Green fans in the world can enjoy the tapes.

I don't want it to be a commercial project.
So the tapes are only for personal use and not for commercial use.
I will release the tapes step by step.
I will start with the Marquee tapes (04-27-1967).

Marquee 27-04-1967
1. Talk to your daughter (Lenoir) 2:59
2. Tears in my eyes (Mayall) 7:30
3. Streamline (Mayall) 4:00
4. The Stumble (F.King) 6:43
5. So many roads (Paul) 8:18
6. Riding on the L&N (Hampton/Burley) 2:21
7. Chicago line (Mayall) 6:53
8. Your funeral my trial (Williamson) 5:21
9. Four million nobs (Green) 6:36
10. Double trouble (Rush) 6:37
Total time: 57:18

On our website www.johntherevelator.nl you find more information on the tapes (as you are well aware).

I will use the infrastructure of my band to make the tapes available for all the fans.
http://johntherevelator.bandcamp.com/

From Wednesday the 21st of September the Marquee tapes are available in the following fashion:
- fans who buy the latest album ‘ Underway’ of John the Revelator, the physical digipack, get an immediate free download not only of the album 'Underway' but as a bonus they also get an immediate free download of The Marquee tapes in their choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format they could possibly desire. The free download of the Marquee tapes include booklet, pictures and sleeve notes.

- The advantage of using our bandcamp website is that this website automatically transfers the acquired money in your own currency.

- The price of the physical digipack album 'Underway' is € 15,00 plus shipping costs.

I hope this arrangement will please you.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Fantastic news, Sharksfan.
I have asked Tom several times about this but never got any reply. Perhaps he did not want to reply to all the questions being asked, too much time ands effort consuming. Glad he did answer you now.
I am really looking forward to this. I'll check their site now daily.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

VERY cool! Thanks so much for posting this!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Ledgie

Default Green/Mayall @ Marquee 1967 now available.

The recordings are now available for download. Quality is very good considering that they were made 44 years ago. Definately worth getting.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the heads-up, Norton, and good news about the sound quality. I will have to get the download soon.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Junior Ledgie

How very, very odd!

I'm confused-- was this chap part of the 1967 band? Is this how he came across the Marquee tapes? If not, it rather looks to me like an attempt to profit from recordings and songs he doesn't own the rights to.

The Marquee 1967 tapes are "not for commerical use," says John the Revelator... but to download them for "free" I must spend €15 to order a full digi-pack album by his current band I've never heard of ?!?

Never heard of an arrangement like this before. It's not a "free" download at all.

Having heard the sample of his album there's certainly no chance I'd consider buying it were it not for his offer of this "free" 1967 bootleg alongside, & I'm afraid I refuse to be held hostage.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Eventually . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I got some good news about the Peter Green-era Bluesbreakers recordings that Tom Huissen made back in 1967. For those who don't know, Tom is from the Netherlands, and has been around the blues scene in the UK and Europe for many years. He has a band called John the Revelator, which was inspired by early Fleetwood Mac and formed in the late '60s.

As some of you already know - it's been discussed here on the Ledge - Tom recorded five Bluesbreakers shows during the first half of 1967. He has just sent out word that he will be releasing them one at a time. The first show to be released is from the Marquee in London, from 27 April 1967. I've copied the information he sent about the show and about obtaining it as a bonus for ordering the latest John the Revelator CD - see the info below.

I think pretty much everyone I've run across here on the Ledge is in agreement that we should not copy or trade recordings that are currently available, only bootlegs and out of print music - I think it's worth keeping this in mind here since Tom is now making these rare recordings available. I have no commercial interest in any of this, just passing along the information I've received to everyone here.

This looks like some exciting news - here's the information sent by Tom:

In the past you showed interest in the Peter Green tapes I made in 1967.
I got good news for you.
The time has come that all the Peter Green fans in the world can enjoy the tapes.

I don't want it to be a commercial project.
So the tapes are only for personal use and not for commercial use.
I will release the tapes step by step.
I will start with the Marquee tapes (04-27-1967).

Marquee 27-04-1967
1. Talk to your daughter (Lenoir) 2:59
2. Tears in my eyes (Mayall) 7:30
3. Streamline (Mayall) 4:00
4. The Stumble (F.King) 6:43
5. So many roads (Paul) 8:18
6. Riding on the L&N (Hampton/Burley) 2:21
7. Chicago line (Mayall) 6:53
8. Your funeral my trial (Williamson) 5:21
9. Four million nobs (Green) 6:36
10. Double trouble (Rush) 6:37
Total time: 57:18

On our website www.johntherevelator.nl you find more information on the tapes (as you are well aware).

I will use the infrastructure of my band to make the tapes available for all the fans.

From Wednesday the 21st of September the Marquee tapes are available in the following fashion:
- fans who buy the latest album ‘ Underway’ of John the Revelator, the physical digipack, get an immediate free download not only of the album 'Underway' but as a bonus they also get an immediate free download of The Marquee tapes in their choice of 320k mp3, FLAC, or just about any other format they could possibly desire. The free download of the Marquee tapes include booklet, pictures and sleeve notes.

- The advantage of using our bandcamp website is that this website automatically transfers the acquired money in your own currency.

- The price of the physical digipack album 'Underway' is € 15,00 plus shipping costs.

I hope this arrangement will please you.
concerning an official mayall approved and remastered version of the 1967 bluesbreakers recordings - check out this:
http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/live-in-67-cd
i hope this is good news for some of you out there!
martin
Old 02-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy poker View Post
concerning an official mayall approved and remastered version of the 1967 bluesbreakers recordings - check out this:
http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/live-in-67-cd
i hope this is good news for some of you out there!
martin
Thanks for the info on this! Looks like this cd will be a compilation of tracks from the four shows that Tom Huissen recorded in late April and early May 1967. Good news that there will finally be what looks like an "official" release of some of those Bluesbreakers live recordings.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Press Release

JOHN MAYALL’S BLUESBREAKERS LIVE IN 1967 - ALBUM RELEASED 20TH APRIL 2015

John Mayall’s Bluebreakers – Live in 1967, an ultra rare collection of,
never-before-heard, live recordings featuring John Mayall, Peter Green, John McVie
and Mick Fleetwood, will be released on 20th April, on Forty Below Records.

In 1967, before there was a Fleetwood Mac, Peter Green, John McVie and Mick
Fleetwood were John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers. The four musicians were only together
for three months, which makes it even more remarkable that a staunch fan from
Holland was able to sneak a one channel reel-to-reel tape recorder into five London
clubs and capture this exciting glimpse into musical history.

For almost fifty years these tapes have remained unheard until Mayall recently got
them and began restoring them with the technical assistance of Eric Corne of Forty
Below Records. Corne adds “While the source recording was very rough and the final
result is certainly not hi-fidelity, it does succeed in allowing us to hear how
spectacular these performances are.”

The significant discovery of these live recordings will surely thrill Mayall fans
around the world but, moreover, it has enabled the creation of an historical
document, which captures a very special moment in the evolution of British Blues
music.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default A little more details

http://www.markpuccimedia.com/?p=2218
Old 02-24-2015, 06:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Sample this fine album

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-1967-Jo...3+Live+in+1967