Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love by Dj Neck Attack

Old 10-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hello,

I’m a longtime lurker on this board, but after seeing Fleetwood Mac in Stuttgart, I decided to share my impressions with you.

I had my doubts about the audience, having seen Neil Young in the same venue this summer, with a terrible bored and lackluster crowd. But thankfully the people in Stuttgart were in a very good mood this evening. As was Stevie. I think she was very into the show, very engaged, always smiling. After the first three songs, I was sure, that it was going to be a wonderful night. Special moments in a concert full of highlights to me were Landslide, which she did slightly different than what I heard from recent recordings, Gypsy which was flawless and beautiful. I was very impressed that she didn’t sound strained at all. Another highlight was Gold Dust Woman. The Band is so tight on this one and Stevie went for a very long ending with lots of ‘you can’t fix me’. I really loved it. My personal favorite, was Silver Springs. Stevie nailed that song, it was gorgeous, I’d dare to say it matched ‘The Dance’.
Needless to say, that Lindsey was amazing, too. He got standing ovations and tremendous applause for Big Love and I’m So Afraid.

According to Stevie we got the longest Without You – Intro of the tour so far. And as far as I can tell from the Youtube videos she was right. As Missundercover has already told, there was a very funny moment, when she told Lindsey to tell his part. And at the end, when he finally said: ‘that is love’, Stevie went on and said something like: “This is bothering me for a while. Because, before we joined Fleetwood Mac I did the washing, the cooking, the cleaning, I did everything for you. That is also love.
You could tell Lindsey was startled. He went to the mike and said something like: ‘And all the weeks, when I was saying ‘that is love’, you were thinking about this! And he yelled: I can’t win!!’ This was very cute.

During the encores the whole audience were on their feet. It felt like a big party.
Myself, I had tears in my eyes almost during the entire evening. Usually I’m not that emotional, but seeing my favorite band, especially Stevie, was too much. It was so overwhelming, I just couldn’t help but crying.

Unfortunately my bad English keeps me from describing this wonderful evening in proper words. I hope you liked my thoughts anyway.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

GREATLY appreciate your thoughts, particularly the description of the WY intro. Sounds amazing. Crossed fingers that video turns up at some point.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlikethesea View Post
Hello,

I’m a longtime lurker on this board, but after seeing Fleetwood Mac in Stuttgart, I decided to share my impressions with you.

Unfortunately my bad English keeps me from describing this wonderful evening in proper words. I hope you liked my thoughts anyway.

You did very well. Glad you enjoyed the show.

No lurkers here (Rule #1).
Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello,Unfortunately my bad English keeps me from describing this wonderful evening in proper words. I hope you liked my thoughts anyway.
I loved your review and your translation was perfect. I cried when Stevie sang Dreams in Boston and I thought I was tired of that song. Like you said, there is something about being right there with them at that moment, that overwhelms our emotions.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

According to Stevie we got the longest Without You – Intro of the tour so far. And as far as I can tell from the Youtube videos she was right. As Missundercover has already told, there was a very funny moment, when she told Lindsey to tell his part. And at the end, when he finally said: ‘that is love’, Stevie went on and said something like: “This is bothering me for a while. Because, before we joined Fleetwood Mac I did the washing, the cooking, the cleaning, I did everything for you. That is also love.
You could tell Lindsey was startled. He went to the mike and said something like: ‘And all the weeks, when I was saying ‘that is love’, you were thinking about this! And he yelled: I can’t win!!’ This was very cute.
Next she'll add the fact that she sewed moons and stars onto his jeans to the intro.

So, it was actually longer, not shorter! That's amazing.

Thank you for the review. The way you described your pleasure, I can understand why you had tears in your eyes during most of the show.

Michele
Old 10-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Next she'll add the fact that she sewed moons and stars onto his jeans to the intro.
Well, yes! Why the he** not? That is also LOVE.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds hilarious. I hope a video surfaces.

They are so competitive they are keeping score on who exhibited the most love. They're nuts.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
GREATLY appreciate your thoughts, particularly the description of the WY intro. Sounds amazing. Crossed fingers that video turns up at some point.
Yeah, we need this one for sure.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
That sounds hilarious. I hope a video surfaces.

They are so competitive they are keeping score on who exhibited the most love. They're nuts.
i love when she changes something in the intro and catches him off guard so he has to actually think of what to say - he spills some gems when of the cuff, but seems so reluctant to do it.

it's really weird when you realize how competitive with each other they still are, after all these decades. kinda sick and childish actually, but they never pretended to be normal adults, i guess.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon
Ron Renshaw

Sisters of the Moon
Ron Renshaw

http://

Don't Stop
Ron Renshaw

Landslide
MrFlottmann1

Gold Dust Woman
MrFlottmann1

Standback/Go Your Own Way
MrFlottmann1

Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think Amy will mind me posting this here so huge thanks to her for this download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xkd1xpd7k83ox58 - Without You intro from Stuttgart. Listen for the full loveliness and especially for the tone of voice because it is SO worth it. Also,

L: And that, Stevie, baby, that is loooove.
S: Can I just add, in Stuttgart, to that little story cos you do like to throw that in, that for five years previous to that *I* washed your jeans, sewed moons and stars on them, fringed them; I ironed your t-shirts...
L: This is a new, um...
S: ...made the house beautiful, cooked dinner, cleaned the house, worked as a waitress AND a cleaning lady AND ALSO loved *you*.
L: That's right.
S: So it wasn't just a one-sided deal!
L: Did I say it was?
S: No, but it kind of comes across like that. We're letting you into the seriousness of this whole thing. I don't think that...
L: So all this time...
S: ...you wanna come in here.
L: So all this time that's I've been saying 'that's love, baby' you've been going 'hmph'
S: Kinda *laughs*
L: I did, I loved you with all my heart
S: I know
L: Didn't I?
S: Yes, you did.
L: And you loved me too
S: And I did. And that's why we went together into Fleetwood Mac.
L: That's right

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You intro - audio

This is worth the entire 10:55. We've got Stevie cracking herself up, the song on a bookcase, a magic act (ta-da!), and moons & stars on jeans love, baby.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/xkd1...evie+Nicks.mp3
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Amy will mind me posting this here so huge thanks to her for this download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xkd1xpd7k83ox58 - Without You intro from Stuttgart. Listen for the full loveliness and especially for the tone of voice because it is SO worth it. Also,

L: And that, Stevie, baby, that is loooove.
S: Can I just add, in Stuttgart, to that little story cos you do like to throw that in, that for five years previous to that *I* washed your jeans, sewed moons and stars on them, fringed them; I ironed your t-shirts...
L: This is a new, um...
S: ...made the house beautiful, cooked dinner, cleaned the house, worked as a waitress AND a cleaning lady AND ALSO loved *you*.
L: That's right.
S: So it wasn't just a one-sided deal!
L: Did I say it was?
S: No, but it kind of comes across like that. We're letting you into the seriousness of this whole thing. I don't think that...
L: So all this time...
S: ...you wanna come in here.
L: So all this time that's I've been saying 'that's love, baby' you've been going 'hmph'
S: Kinda *laughs*
L: I did, I loved you with all my heart
S: I know
L: Didn't I?
S: Yes, you did.
L: And you loved me too
S: And I did. And that's why we went together into Fleetwood Mac.
L: That's right
No problem Nicole. I'll have the rest of the show later on tonight. I haven't had a moment to transfer the rest of the torrent to Mediafire and won't till this evening.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xkd1xpd7k83ox58- Without You intro from Stuttgart.
Thank you for the link. This sounds like it came from the soundboard. It is crystal clear.