Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
Yup, Fritz is coming. Y'all patient S&L fans will have a treat soon enough. I sent Marty a Sampler of Fritz--the real enchilada, no Sincerely Bango Bay or none of that monkey business. You'll be hearing some earlier and later stuff as soon as Martin puts it up.
Thank you!
Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dear Jeffrey,
I just wanted you to know that I had another person's 45 rpm record taken off Ebay because I proved to them that the record in question is bogus. I suggest you take your MP3s and other samples off the web, else you'll be hearing from my attorney as well. Repeat--that is a pirate record--Karma had no authority to release our music.
Please comply.

Javier Pacheco

I was just wondering, since there is so much interest, have you considered issuing this material? With the technology these days, you could produce just enough product that is needed and reduce costs. I am sure there is more than enough interest to make the project viable.

Just a thought.

seeker007nmss

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Fritz

We had a wonderful heartfelt Fritz reunion at the Concord Pavilion show June 27th. I have sent Marty a couple of pics of us backstage in Stevie's room. Does all this good vibe mean we are going to do a creative project together? I did pose the question to Lindsey and I believe he is seriously considering it. We talked about dubbing vocals to the old recordings, but at some juncture I think the possibility of us recording the material fresh is also an option. We have all kept up our chops, and no one is interred in a sanitorium. Brian intends to get together and jam w/Linds in August, after he's had a chance to rest from the FM 2004 tour. All I can say to y'all is what Bob told me, who has talked at greater length with L&S. His words are "It ain't over yet." Let's keep our fingers crossed. In the meantime, don't make the bootleggers rich.

Javier

Last edited by javier; 07-04-2004 at 04:11 AM..
Old 07-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We had a wonderful heartfelt Fritz reunion at the Concord Pavilion show June 27th. I have sent Marty a couple of pics of us backstage in Stevie's room. Does all this good vibe mean we are going to do a creative project together? I did pose the question to Lindsey and I believe he is seriously considering it. We talked about dubbing vocals to the old recordings, but at some juncture I think the possibility of us recording the material fresh is also an option. We have all kept up our chops, and no one is interred in a sanitorium. Brian intends to get together and jam w/Linds in August, after he's had a chance to rest from the FM 2004 tour. All I can say to y'all is what Bob told me, who has talked at greater length with L&S. His words are "It ain't over yet." Let's keep our fingers crossed. In the meantime, don't make the bootleggers rich.

Javier

Javier, This is fantastic news, have you ever considered putting this material out online at one of new legal download stores like Apple iTunes MusicStore, at least you guys will be getting some money from the sales.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:

Javier

Hi Javier! Thanks so much for letting us know... we really do appreciate it, and we are all anticipating whatever you guys have in store for us! Take care!
Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Fritz

Smile

Its about the integrity of the music and some sensible ethics too. If I'd wanted to cash in on Lindsey and Stevie's fame I would have done this a long time ago. Probably would have made some good money, but its not about the money, it never was. A little voice inside told me to be patient, that perhaps someday we would reunite and re-record or "spruce up" these old recordings. Either way, I preferred to do it with input from my Fritz colleagues. Even though I was the main composer, I didn't want to profit at the exclusion of the rest of the group who worked equally hard on producing this music.
I don't like to do things on the sly or half-done. After so many years, it looks as though the dream may come to pass at last. We've already been together briefly and experienced a lotta love (Concord Pavilion, June 27, 2004). You've had a taste for what we sounded like. More samples will follow, and people will continue to be amazed, I kid you not. Fritz may be reborn.

Last edited by javier; 07-04-2004 at 12:10 PM..
Old 07-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Yay!!

Thanks for the updates, Javier!! Terrific news!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear some more Fritz!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... perhaps someday we would reunite and re-record or "spruce up" these old recordings...
Just my opinion, but please don't alter the original recordings. I understand that they'll be coming from 35 year-old tapes and that they won't be perfect, and I'm totally fine with that. I want to hear what you guys sounded like THEN, since I've been waiting since the early '80s when I found out that Fritz even existed in the first place.

Sure, re-master them and get the best sound you can, just please don't recreate parts that are missing or overdub parts you don't like today, etc. As a fan, I want to hear the recordings as historical record, not as some attempt for them to be a viable recording in today's market. Just give us music that sounds as good as possible, with extensive liner notes on what's missing or what parts couldn't be saved in the mastering process. Oh yeah, and lots of pictures and written stories from everyone involved on what it was like to be Fritz at that time, playing with all the rock-n-roll legends onstage up and down the Cali coast.

If everyone wants to reunite and jam and record NEW music, or completely re-record the older material as a kind of counterpoint to the original recordings, I'm fine with that too, and I hope you all have all the fun in the world doing so. Again, just please don't alter the originals in any way with new recordings or studio tricks. It would be like re-creating your high school yearbook and substituting a better picture of yourself. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:25 AM
Fritz

How do you figure "that the single I had was a legitimate release" if it doesn't even mention the true ensemble (Fritz) that did this? Why would a band (or a label, in this case) release a record under an obscure name if it wasn't trying to hide something? WHERE DID YOU GET THIS? Now that you know that it is a bootleg, why aren't you doing the right thing?
Old 07-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Fritz

Oh Where, oh where is Jeffrey?
Old 07-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Where, oh where is Jeffrey?
Probably on an $880 dollar vacation.....lol..!

Javier, have you tried to contact him via his Ebay screen-name? If you click on the link to the auction on the first page of this thread, you'll see his screen-name. If you're an Ebay member, you can just click on it and "ask seller a question".

Thanks a lot for the awesome news regarding the possible reunion!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Fritz

Thanks, Seteca, I didn't know he would actually go through with that scheme. Isn't it funny that he hasn't poked back in here? That's chicken-sh*t. HE's on EBAY? I've got an attorney looking into this. We will find out who released this unauthorized stuff.
Got it, Jeffy?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, Seteca, I didn't know he would actually go through with that scheme. Isn't it funny that he hasn't poked back in here? That's chicken-sh*t. HE's on EBAY? I've got an attorney looking into this. We will find out who released this unauthorized stuff.
Got it, Jeffy?
I'm sure it was an honest mistake on his part. How would he know that it was a bootleg? If I found it at a garage sale, I probably would've hocked it, too.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If I understood correctly from Jeffrey's original post, he found the 45 single and, being curious as to its origins, he investigated it.
Finding out that it featured two rare songs performed by Lindsey & Stevie's first band, he posted about the auction here to bring it to the attention of their fans.

I don't believe Jeffrey was actively trying to sell a bootleg, but rather a record that, for all intents and purposes, looked to have been released by a legitimate record company.
I don't know him, and I'm not trying to stick up for him, but I get the feeling that he's not simply a "chicken ****" bootleg seller.

I doubt he's even been back here since the auction closed, being that he probably assumes there's no reason to come back, and is therefore unaware of anything that has been posted in the time since then.

So, Javier, I'd suggest trying to contact Jeffrey thru the website he listed in post #9 of this thread, if you want more information on how he found the 45.
Beyond that, I think the folks who run (ran?) Karma Records are who you really need to get in touch with, as they're the ones who manufactured and released the single.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Got it, Jeffy?
Actually, he's not on ebay any more. If you look up his seller name, it says he's no longer registered with ebay.