User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Those temp agency places are a joke.I never had luck with them and they offer jobs that are an hour or two away from home with crap pay.Its not worth driving with todays gas prices to a low wage job .

Self employed is the best way to go.Your own boss .Take time off anytime for concert tours or whatever.

The last job I had was a joke because they were upset because I wanted to take a week off to go on vacation and see Stevie on tour.Which I earned two weeks off every year.They told me I only can take a couple days off since its start of the busy season At that moment I gave my two weeks and move on.Who needs that crap if you cant take vacation time when I want it.

Thats what happen with a place with poor management that cant place its employees if one goes on vacation.

Good luck Sadangel you have a skill.They said the market is doing alittle better.
I had great luck with the temp agency. I worked for 3 different ones from 1999-2001. Between the 3 I was always working, when I wanted to. They paid me good money too.
Being self employed is great but when you work for someone else, like you did, you have to bend to their wishes. Telling you that you can't take the time off to go to a concert because of it being the busy season is a fair assessment for an employer. That's because they don't consider entertainment important. You should have white lied it and told them you were going to California for your brother's wedding. Don't have a brother?? Who cares when the story is fictional anyways. LOL. Now look at your life Skip. That was a few years ago and you're still unemployed. You are too young to be retired IMO but the longer you wait to get a new job, the harder it is gonna be to get one.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I had great luck with the temp agency. I worked for 3 different ones from 1999-2001. Between the 3 I was always working, when I wanted to. They paid me good money too.
Being self employed is great but when you work for someone else, like you did, you have to bend to their wishes. Telling you that you can't take the time off to go to a concert because of it being the busy season is a fair assessment for an employer. That's because they don't consider entertainment important. You should have white lied it and told them you were going to California for your brother's wedding. Don't have a brother?? Who cares when the story is fictional anyways. LOL. Now look at your life Skip. That was a few years ago and you're still unemployed. You are too young to be retired IMO but the longer you wait to get a new job, the harder it is gonna be to get one.
I agree.Yea I never had luck with the temp agencies even 20 years ago.I'm working PT at some odd jobs .Like self employed .Plus stocks that help pay the bills .It keeps me busy.

My back is to shot to go back into warehousing which I did not mind doing as long its runned properly.

I'm glad that you have good luck with them.

I agree on the white lies.Its none of their freaking business what I do on my time off.I guess I was to honest there .I learned some lessons like keeping my mouth shut about my personal doings.I was to open at that place.Also why I should bend since they know I do traveling every summer to concerts.The tour happen to fall late that year.I would be in big trouble with this FM tour if I was still at the company.So far the shows are on weekends and it would be not a issue if I was still there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-29-2014, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's great that you are with a temp agency. That's literally how I've gotten the foot in the door for every job I've ever had. And am now, after 11 years, a Vice President at one of the largest Investment Banks on the Planet.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.