User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Registered

Default 24K Gold: The Originals and the Information

1. Starshine
Originally Recorded in April 1980 with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers; Originally Recorded for the "Bella Donna"album; 2014 Snippet released May 31, 2014 by Dave Stewart

Starshine: Outtakes and Demos
Starshine Snippet: May 31, 2014

2. If You Were My Love
Written in October 1980; Written about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers; Originally Recorded for the "Bella Donna", "Mirage", and "Street Angel" albums; 2014 Snippet released August 12, 2014 by Stevie Nicks

If You Were My Love: Outtakes and Demos
If You Were My Love: 2014 Snippet

3. Mabel Normand
Demoed for the "Rock A Little" Album in 1984; 2014 Snippet released August 15, 2014 by Stevie Nicks

Mabel Normand (2014 Snippet)
Mabel Normand/All The Kings Horses (1984 Demo)
Mabel Normand (1984 Outtake)

4. Twisted (Deluxe Bonus Track)
Written in 1996 for the "Twisted" soundtrack also released in demo form for "Enchanted" in 1998

Twisted (1996 Duet With Lindsey Buckingham)
Twisted (Enchanted Demo Version)
Twisted (Demo Without Overdubs)

5. 24 Karat Gold
Written in January 1980; Originally written for the "Bella Donna" album; Snippet released June 19, 2014 by Dave Stewart

24 Karat Gold (Outtakes and Demos)
24 Karat Gold (2014 Snippet)

6. Belle Fleur
Written in 1981; Originally recorded for the "Bella Donna" and "The Wild Heart" albums; Snippet released August 19, 2014

Belle Fleur: Outtakes and Demos
Belle Fleur (2014 Snippet)

7. All The Beautiful Worlds
Written in 1982; Originally recorded for "The Wild Heart" album in 1982; Snippet released August 22, 2014 by Stevie Nicks

All The Beautiful Worlds (1982 Outtake)
All The Beautiful Worlds (2014 Snippet)

8. Lady
Song writen in 1971 formally known to fans as "Knocking On Doors"

Lady (Early Demo)
Official Lyric Video

9. I Don't Care
Never Before Heard Song; Snippet released June 22, 2014 by Dave Stewart

I Don't Care (2014 Snippet)

10. Watch Chain (Deluxe Bonus Track)
Written in 1978; Originally Recorded for the "Bella Donna" album

Watch Chain (1978 Outtake)
Watch Chain (1978 Outtake Alternate Mix)

11. Hard Advice
Copyrighted in 1995; Recorded in 1997

12. Carousel
Copyrighted in 1981 Unheard As of Now

13. Blue Water
Written in 1978; Originally Recorded for the "Bella Donna" album

Blue Water (1978 Outtake)

14. Cathouse Blues
Written in 1970; Originally Recorded in 1974 for the unreleased second Buckingham Nicks album

Cathouse Blues (1974 Buckingham Nicks Outtake)

15. The Dealer
Written in 1979; Originally Recorded for the "Tusk", "Bella Donna", and "Rock A Little" albums; Released as a single August 5, 2014

The Dealer: Outtakes and Demos
Official Lyric Video

16. She Loves Him Still
Written in 1984; Originally Recorded for the "Rock A Little" album

She Loves Him Still (1984 Outtake 1)
She Loves Him Still (1984 Outtake 2)
Old 08-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know the dates for If You Were My Love are sure? Her voice on the demo sounds way younger than 1980...
Old 08-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Hard Advice?

I was wondering if anyone thinks that "Hard Advice" might be "Space Needle" retitled? Written in 1995 and recorded in 1997? It's kind of far fetched and out there since I don't see where Hard Advice fits as a title...but I guess you never know?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Do we know the dates for If You Were My Love are sure? Her voice on the demo sounds way younger than 1980...
From the September 11th, 1981, issue of BAM:

Quote:
I have three songs as it stands now, but I think we may replace one of them with another song. I wrote one of the songs a long, long time ago, even before Lindsey and I moved to LA. It's called "It's Alright." It's very simple: Lindsey just plays some really nice guitar behind me. There's another song called "If You Were My Love" that I wrote about a year ago after I'd recorded "Outside the Rain" with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. I spent a week recording with them and I had so much fun that I was really bummed out when it was over. That's when I wrote that song.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
I was wondering if anyone thinks that "Hard Advice" might be "Space Needle" retitled? Written in 1995 and recorded in 1997? It's kind of far fetched and out there since I don't see where Hard Advice fits as a title...but I guess you never know?
I really wish it was Space Needle but no way it is .It is almost certainly another song in the "That Made me Stronger" vein that she wrote after her pep talk from Tom Petty..it may end up being the lone stinker on what looks like what is shaping up to be a great album.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is almost certainly another song in the "That Made me Stronger" vein that she wrote after her pep talk from Tom Petty..it may end up being the lone stinker on what looks like what is shaping up to be a great album.
Or it could have nothing at all to do with "TMMS" or Tom Petty. Maybe it's just a song about learning from a mistake and moving onward. I guess we'll find out when we hear it. I'll reserve judgment until then. It could very well end up being a GREAT song on what's shaping up to be a great album!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
Space Needle was written in 96 and Hard Advice was written in 95, so I doubt it. But for everyone saying it may be in the vein of That Made Me Stronger, TMMS was written in 99 so I am betting they have nothing to do with each other.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Space Needle was written in 96 and Hard Advice was written in 95, so I doubt it. But for everyone saying it may be in the vein of That Made Me Stronger, TMMS was written in 99 so I am betting they have nothing to do with each other.
The dinner that Stevie had with Tom Petty when she asked him to write some songs for her took place in 1995..that dinner and his advice inspired TMMS.Hard Advice was actually written in 1995..I just hope it is a better song.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The dinner that Stevie had with Tom Petty when she asked him to write some songs for her took place in 1995..that dinner and his advice inspired TMMS.Hard Advice was actually written in 1995..I just hope it is a better song.
Well obviously it is a different song and pretty much anything else by Stevie is better then That Made Me Stronger.