User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yep. I remember it too. Except my friend's and I thought she looked more like she was dressed for a funeral. Didn't a similar article at the time state her friends and family were not happy about this wedding and that Lindsey was not in attendance?
I could be wrong....and Lord knows I am....alot....but I don't think any of that came out until Stevie gave that great revealing radio interview when she was promoting Timespace. She really opened up about Kim and the wedding and the marriage. That was a strange, strange period in her life and I remember listening to that interview with my mouth hanging open. Stevie had never been that open before. Damn, the 80's were a wild ride for her.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
I could be wrong....and Lord knows I am....alot....but I don't think any of that came out until Stevie gave that great revealing radio interview when she was promoting Timespace. She really opened up about Kim and the wedding and the marriage. That was a strange, strange period in her life and I remember listening to that interview with my mouth hanging open. Stevie had never been that open before. Damn, the 80's were a wild ride for her.
No, I definitely knew about Kim being her friend's widow and all that back in the mid-80s, long before Timespace. I mean, she might not have commented on it before then, but the circumstances were known at the time, I think.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To follow up. Stevie said in the interview that her parents were" horrified" about the marriage...that was the word she used. She also said that it was Don Henley who told her he would not attend but then called her back and said he would. She also mentioned that it was not a happy day and she was crazy during that period. I think that Robin's death started her into a tailspin that led to her drug abuse and destructive behavior.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Yes, she's gorgeous as always, but the thing that always strikes me about the wedding photos is that she looks like she's been crying in almost all of them. I don't know if it IS that, or if she was maybe Valium'ed or something, but there's just something bleary there.
I thought the same thing.

It's supposed to be her wedding day and yet, she looked better on some of her worst days during the Rock a Little tour.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that Robin's death started her into a tailspin that led to her drug abuse and destructive behavior.
Yeh, I think it made it all that much worse, no doubt.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yep. I remember it too. Except my friend's and I thought she looked more like she was dressed for a funeral.
And she looks sort of crazed in that particular photo above. She looks like her mother actually, which is not to say Barbara is crazed. Just, um . . .

Michele
Old 02-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Yes, she's gorgeous as always, but the thing that always strikes me about the wedding photos is that she looks like she's been crying in almost all of them. I don't know if it IS that, or if she was maybe Valium'ed or something, but there's just something bleary there.
I think it's that the eyes don't look natural. Like she's trying too hard to hold them open, to make them bright.

Michele
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hands down, I think the most breath-taking photos of Stevie ever taken are the wedding photos. She is falling down beautiful in every one that I have seen. I will never forget the day I picked up that Rolling Stone and read that Stevie had gotten married. Talk about being devastated. Ofcourse, I was so hoplessly in love with Stevie that the sudden news that she had gotten married had me in pain for months. Sounds silly but I felt I had lost her. You know, if we had the internet back then, I would have known all about Robin and what was going on and might have seen it coming. But back then, all your news came from Rolling Stone or Creem or Crawdaddy and to just turn to Random Notes and read about Stevie getting married was a jolt to say the least. Then just months later I read where she was getting divorced and I'm wondering, "What's going on?....She just got married and now she's getting divorced?" Oh man, looking back, it really seems like the dark ages. Can anyone else relate to this?
yes, i remember those days too. there wasn't even a record store in my town so i usually got things like a year later than they came out (in the FWM hype era and early stevie solo days) when going out of town and actually seeing record albums in dept stores or finding real record stores.

i was lucky to once in a while get a rock magazine like Hit Parade or Creem in the drugstore. i read about the marriage and divorce in the book "everything you ever wanted to know about stevie nicks" which happened to be sold in the paperback book section of a local drugstore. i almost didn't even believe that part in the book. i mean, after all, it also said there was a video for nightbird, lol!

i love seeing her wedding pics too. strange attire for a wedding, but i guess she wanted to symbolize her mourning as well. it definitely told a lot from just what she was wearing. was she just mourning her best friend, or also the marriage.

didn't she mention in some interview she was hoping Lindsey would show up or even talk her out of it? maybe i am mixing that up with some other issue she talked about?? idk...
Old 02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it's that the eyes don't look natural. Like she's trying too hard to hold them open, to make them bright.

Michele
I'd like to see more wedding photos...to analyze. Does anyone have a few to post in one place?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I'd like to see more wedding photos...to analyze. Does anyone have a few to post in one place?
Here's one.

SN wedding girlz.jpg
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Last edited by holidayroad; 02-11-2011 at 05:47 PM..
Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

BOOBS!

BELLY!

BEER!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

"OH DAMN give me a PEN QUICK QUICKQUICK!
'Through the net of the lace . . . Hard to see her face . . .
feel the touch of her fingers/turns her eyes
sighs/whys/highs/u see the eyes of the nightbird
C#/B-/D' 'k COOL let's hit the BAR! "
Old 02-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
BOOBS!

BELLY!

BEER!
Throw in a fourth B....for Bush and you're talking about the greatest Stevie dream I ever had. When I woke up I was so pissed !!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie