User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Rick wasn't fired, although he's never stated why. Stevie, when she was angry with the band, said that she suspected it was connected to her issues with the band. Although the money and exposure was probably good, I can't imagine BTM was all that rewarding for him.

From what I've pieced together, when Mick broke the band up in early 1996, Christine had already quit, Bekka and Billy moved to Nashville and were already working on their country duo album (though weren't quitting the band), and he had started working with Lindsey.

I'm not sure what Wendy meant. Mick and John have always put a new band together when someone quits. What's odd is that, after Peter quit, whenever they've done albums with new personnel, there have been two new players. Pretty consistent, really.

Future Games: Christine and Welch
Penguin: Weston and Walker
Fleetwood Mac: Stevie and Lindsey
Behind The Mask: Billy and Rick
Time: Bekka and Mason
That's exactly what I've been hearing, that Rick left because of Stevie but I didn't know that Lindsey worked with Billy & Bekka. Interesting.

Maybe Wendy can clarify the "new Fleetwood Mac" thing.

Thanks for clearing up a few things for me

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This is a very sorry affair. My view is that Bob ought to have been included, and I feel that more keenly now that he is dead.

I do rather wonder about all this naming-and-shaming, though. It's entirely possible that Christine was the one blocking Bob's induction because the of the lawsuit, the details of which we won't know. However, I agree with Michele that it'd be interesting to know how Bob found out that Christine was the culprit. If it was Mick then frankly the man is a coward and not the gentleman he purports to be.
I don't think Mick is a gentleman at all. He will do anything to keep the band together and if that means he has to step on people's hearts, well, that's too bad.

You got a sweet heart
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
That's exactly what I've been hearing, that Rick left because of Stevie
Oh, yes, she said he didn't like what happened with SS.

Michele
Old 03-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick is a noble man...

Quote:
I don't think Mick is a gentleman at all. He will do anything to keep the band together and if that means he has to step on people's hearts, well, that's too bad.
...generous and good-hearted.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
...generous and good-hearted.
Thank you for your insight. I think it is so easy for people who don't know the man to come on here and accuse him of all kinds of horrible things. As the figurehead and leader of the band, Mick is not in a position to be everybody's best friend; he often has to make tough, sometimes painful decisions. From the bits and pieces we've heard/read so far, it seems like the RRHOF induction process for FM was fraught with politics, competing interests and personal issues. At the end of the day, it would have been impossible for Mick to make everyone happy, so he did what was in the best interests of those closest to him at the time. I appreciate, Jeremy, that despite your own apparent "snub," you seem to be able to still see the humanity in Mick.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I appreciate, Jeremy, that despite your own apparent "snub," you seem to be able to still see the humanity in Mick.
Jeremy was inducted, he just wasn't at the ceremony.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bob Welch

You can all make all the assumptions you want. But I was there and everything I said is the truth.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Thank you for your insight. I think it is so easy for people who don't know the man to come on here and accuse him of all kinds of horrible things. As the figurehead and leader of the band, Mick is not in a position to be everybody's best friend; he often has to make tough, sometimes painful decisions. From the bits and pieces we've heard/read so far, it seems like the RRHOF induction process for FM was fraught with politics, competing interests and personal issues. At the end of the day, it would have been impossible for Mick to make everyone happy, so he did what was in the best interests of those closest to him at the time. I appreciate, Jeremy, that despite your own apparent "snub," you seem to be able to still see the humanity in Mick.
Have you ever met Mick? I have several times. Oh, and Mr. Spencer was inducted...

You got a sweet heart
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, yes, she said he didn't like what happened with SS.

Michele
Neither did I, it was so unfair to her and her Mom. In the end it all worked out for SS but at the time it was very ugly. At least Rick supported her (according to her )

You got a sweet heart
Old 03-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you ever met Mick? I have several times. Oh, and Mr. Spencer was inducted...
Ok so Jeremy was inducted and Bob Welch was not Someone that had that pivotal a role in the band for five albums..there's your trouble.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
You can all make all the assumptions you want. But I was there and everything I said is the truth.
How was the decision communicated to Bob?

I'm sorry to be so direct, but you've been good enough to engage with us here, so it's worth a try.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Shame on Mick Fleetwood for keeping our favorite band together through drugs, affairs, solo careers, etc. Perhaps he should have broken up the band for good after Tusk? Spare us of those worthless top hits such as Gypsy, Hold Me, Big Love, Little Lies, Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka's worthless talents, the Dance reunion(who needs Silver Springs live), Say You Will, unleashed tour, and the upcoming Mac tour that I'm sure will be a worldwide success.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Shame on Mick Fleetwood for keeping our favorite band together through drugs, affairs, solo careers, etc. Perhaps he should have broken up the band for good after Tusk? Spare us of those worthless top hits such as Gypsy, Hold Me, Big Love, Little Lies, Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka's worthless talents, the Dance reunion(who needs Silver Springs live), Say You Will, unleashed tour, and the upcoming Mac tour that I'm sure will be a worldwide success.
That's not the point. The point is leaving people out.

You got a sweet heart
Old 03-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Hey you left out the chart topping masterpiece "Time" and it's prestigious tour playing a bill with Reo Speedwagon

Old 03-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not the point. The point is leaving people out.
I understand. I just don't like to see Mick Fleetwood getting all this hate he seems to get over the years, not just over this Bob Welch HOF situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
:

Hey you left out the chart topping masterpiece "Time" and it's prestigious tour playing a bill with Reo Speedwagon
I mentioned Dave and Bekka by name leaving out "Time". Adding in one of Mac's worst albums would have completely screwed up my point.