Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Get Tickets for Mick's Uncorked Tour

[The next best thing to seeing FM live! Sort of.]

San Diego Reader:
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2...orked-tour-em/

Mick Fleetwood hits the road this summer with The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and Wine Experience.

Mick Fleetwood, the iconic co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, is celebrating his blues heritage with his new group, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, which pays tribute to Mick's musical roots.

The Uncorked Tour features a full concert in the intimate setting of The Spreckels Theatre plus showcases his Private Cellar Wines.

Join Mick for his VIP reception prior to the concert and sample his Private Cellar Wines paired with gourmet food. Leave with your own autographed bottle of Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar Wine.

TalentPlus Entertainment and KGB present

Mick Fleetwood's Uncorked Tour

Thursday, June 12

at the Historic Spreckels Theatre

located at 121 Broadway

Tickets are on sale now for the VIP reception as well as for the concert only. For more information or for tickets, log on to www.ticketmaster.com or call 619-220-TIXS.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What are the tourdates for this? Are they coming to Canada?

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right now the only dates I see are this one for San Diego and one for Sterling Heights, Michigan on July 13, 2008.

Michele
Old 05-10-2008, 04:02 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Right now the only dates I see are this one for San Diego and one for Sterling Heights, Michigan on July 13, 2008.

Michele
Sun, June 15th at the Herbst Theatre in San Francisco. I saw a couple big ads for it while I was down there this week.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus...

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Press Releases
http://www.pr.com/press-release/85763

Fleetwood Wine and Music Extravaganza

Mick Fleetwood hits the road with The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band in a wine and music event for all of the senses: “Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour.”

Los Angeles, CA, May 17, 2008 --(PR.com)-- Mick Fleetwood, the iconic co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, is celebrating his blues heritage by hitting the road with his new band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band. The band is appearing in 17 major cities across the US beginning this spring. The series of concerts features a tribute to the original Fleetwood Mac, the all-male blues band that started it all in 1967.

Each night of the tour also features a VIP reception where attendees will sample Mick’s fine wine, Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar. Tickets for the tour are available soon.

Bringing together four stellar Blues and Rock musicians, Mick Fleetwood presents a band that is as current as it is nostalgic.

At the front of the group, is Rick Vito, veteran Bluesman and former Fleetwood Mac vocalist and lead guitarist. Rick adds his personal touch while staying true to the styling of early Fleetwood Mac front man Peter Green. “A lot of guys can play the licks but Rick has the tone and that’s so important in real blues,” says Mick Fleetwood.

With Fleetwood anchoring the band on percussion, the “other half” of the rhythm section is Lenny Castellanos on bass guitar. As Mick points out, “I’ve played with John McVie for 40 years, any bassist who plays with me has big shoes to fill.” – Lenny does a great job filling those shoes while complimenting Mick’s unique and revered drum style.

Mark Johnstone ties everything together on the keys and backup vocals, infusing a vibrant energy to the group.

The band is led, of course, by the legendary Mick Fleetwood, providing a backbone with his unmistakable power-house percussion and persona.

Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar wine is a centerpiece of each event for a select group of high-end VIP’s. Each show has between 700 and 1200 general admission tickets plus less than 300 tickets which offer a special pre-show wine tasting and meet-and-greet with Mick, himself. VIP attendees have the opportunity to taste samples of Mick’s award winning wines and leave with an autographed bottle. VIP’s also enjoy an up-close-and-personal encounter with Mick, who shares stories from his life as a musician on the road, tells of the creation of his wines, and discusses his passion for art, music, and the good life.

Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour kicks off June 11th in Los Angeles and moves nationwide throughout 2008. The first four dates are listed below with more to be announced soon.

6/11 – Los Angeles – The Avalon, Hollywood
6/12 – San Diego – Spreckels
6/14 – Aspen, Colorado – Snowmass Village
6/15 – San Francisco – The Herbst Theater

For Tickets Visit www.UncorkedTour.com

Visit www.MickFleetwood.com for more information on Mick Fleetwood.

Visit www.MickFleetwoodPrivateCellar.com for more information on Mick’s wines.

Phone: 805-807-1342
E-mail: Info@SabreEntertainment.net

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band is co-managed by:
Jonathan Todd, Sabre Entertainment
http://www.SabreEntertainment.net
and
Carl Stubner, Sanctuary Management Group

Contact Jonathan Todd for full resolution photos and music samples or general information.

Produced by TalentPlus, Chris Hansen.

“Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour” and “Uncorked Tour” are trademarks of Mick Fleetwood Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanna see them. Please come to Mohegan Sun and play in the Wolf's Den??
Old 05-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see Rick Vito play with Mick!!!

Stand on the Rock and When the Sun Goes Down...hell yes!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Snowmass Sun

http://www.snowmassvillagesun.com/ap...URES/580475585

Mick Fleetwood will perform June 14 in Snowmass Village as part of an appearance at the Aspen Food & Wine Classic.

Billed as “Mick Fleetwood’s Uncorked Tour,” the show features a concert on Fanny Hill and a VIP wine tasting in Aspen's Grand Tasting tent in Wagner Park.

Food & Wine Classic attendees have the opportunity to purchase VIP tickets to the concert , which includes a sampling of Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar, a shuttle ride to Snowmass Village for the concert and some related schwag.

Tickets cost $125 for VIP access and $50 for general admission. information is available through www.mountaingroove.inticketing.com or 866-55-TICKETS.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I would love to see Rick Vito play with Mick!!!

Stand on the Rock and When the Sun Goes Down...hell yes!
I totally agree!!!!! I wasnt that interested, but add Rick Vito and thats damn cool.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

North County Times
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008...58000d05f3.txt

Mac brings it back: Mick Fleetwood re-creates lesser-known blues sound of famous band
By GARY WARTH - Staff Writer

Fleetwood Mac. The band that needs no introduction. Lindsey Buckingham. Stevie Nicks. "Go Your Own Way." "Rhiannon." "Don't Stop." "Landslide."

And then there's "Hellhound on My Trail." "Shake Your Moneymaker." "Black Magic Woman."

Wait. What do those Robert Johnson and Elmore James songs have to do with Fleetwood Mac? And everybody knows "Black Magic Woman" is a Santana song.

But to fans who know Fleetwood Mac as more than just the smooth pop band that dominated the 1970s, it all makes sense.

There were two Fleetwood Macs, with only the second version becoming a superstar in the United States. Its first incarnation was a blues band put together by English kids who grew up loving the music that had become all but forgotten by the United States.

As the band's lineup changed, so did Fleetwood Mac. The songwriting talents of latecomers Buckingham, Nicks and Christine McVie led the band to fame and fortune in the United States, and most American fans never had a chance to hear the band's bluesy roots.

Until now. Drummer and founding member Mick Fleetwood is re-creating the sound and set list of the original Fleetwood Mac for a brief tour that includes a June 12 stop at Spreckels Theatre in downtown San Diego.

"I think it sounds like the band," Fleetwood said from his home in Maui, Hawaii, where he is preparing for the tour. "Believe me, you will close your eyes and be hearing those songs played brilliantly."

The set list likely will include songs by Elmore James, Howlin' Wolf and Robert Johnson. It also will include "Black Magic Woman," a song written by then-band leader Peter Green and later covered by Carlos Santana.

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band includes bassist Lenny Castellanos, keyboardist and vocalist Mark Johnstone and lead vocalist and guitarist Rick Vito, a Fleetwood Mac member from 1987 to 1991.

"Rick is his own master in terms of styling, but the lovely thing about my musical and personal relationship with Rick is that he came to see the original band back in 1968," Fleetwood said. "His connection lasted right through the history. He absolutely adores Peter Green. Not only is Rick his own musical boss, he really knows and loves this music, going way back."

Fleetwood is calling his latest outing the Uncorked Tour in honor of his award-winning wine label, Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar. Fleetwood does not own a vineyard, but rather creates his wines by blending several vintages into a specific taste.

Fans who purchase a $200 VIP ticket to the show will participate in a wine tasting with Fleetwood before the show and receive an autographed bottle of one of his wines.

For Fleetwood, the evening will be a blending of his favorite things.

"Wine, women and song," he said. "The only thing missing is the women."

By the women, Fleetwood may be referring to his band. He described the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band as a version of the more famous band that bore his name "before all the ladies joined."

Fleetwood still grows excited remembering the early days when he and his schoolmates first heard blues from the United States. English kids such as Eric Clapton, whom Peter Green replaced in John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers, sought out old records to learn guitar riffs and songs to form their own bands.

The early Fleetwood Mac, the Rolling Stones and other English bands recorded those songs and toured the United States, eagerly looking forward to visiting the birthplace of the blues. Instead, Fleetwood recalled blank stares when they mentioned the names of their musical heroes to Americans, who had mostly forgotten the music's pioneers.

Ironically, the English musicians ultimately were credited with introducing blues music to a new generation of American fans, an accomplishment still meaningful to Fleetwood.

"An art form that's a true American heritage survived," he said. "This is what this evening is all about. I love to be reminded of the music I was brought up on and loved."

By going on the road with a blues band again, Fleetwood hopes to once again help keep the music alive, although he has faith it will survive for generations to come.

"It's being kept alive by a lot of young, great players," he said. "Having this funny version, to be this crazy Englishman and to be part of it, it is important. And it's happily past the stage that you think this stuff might have disappeared."

Contact staff writer Gary Warth at (760) 740-5410 or gwarth@nctimes.com.

Mick Fleetwood Blues Band

When: 9 p.m. June 12

Where: Spreckels Theatre, 121 Broadway, San Diego

Tickets: $40-$75 ($200, VIP package)

Info: (619) 220-8497 or ticketmaster.com

Web: mickfleetwood.com
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pollstar:

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=10401

Euro Blues Fest Scores Mick Fleetwood's New Band
Friday, Jun 6, 2008 4:02AM

Rock legend and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood's new group, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, will make its international debut this summer, headlining one of the largest blues festivals in Europe.

The International Notodden Blues Festival, which organizers expect 40,000 fans to attend, will take place July 31 to August 2 in Norway.

The lineup for the 21st outing of the fest also includes Ray Davies, Koko Taylor, John Hiatt, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Little Feat, James Cotton, Charlie Musselwhite & Kim Wilson with The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Bobby Rush, Pinetop Perkins & the Legends of Chicago Blues Music Club NotoddenJaniva Magness, Bob Margolin & Jerry Portnoy, Omar Kent Dykes, Rick Estrin & The Nightcats, Louisiana Red Blues Band, Henry Butler and many, many other artists.

Tickets and complete info on the event are available at Bluesfest.no.
Fleetwood's new band, which features Rick Vito, Lenny Castellanos and Mark Johnstone, celebrates his blues heritage, as well as the original lineup of Fleetwood Mac.

The group, which also has a handful of U.S. dates on the books for this month, is expected to play pre-Buckingham/Nicks Mac hits like "Black Magic Woman," "Oh Well," "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Albatross."
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Anyone know if it will be any good???

Theyre coming to Holland too, so I'm wondering if I should go.

Talking 'bout my angel
Of my dreams
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aspen Colorado Appearance
http://www.petergreenberg.com/2008/0...-june-14-2008/

This Week: June 14, 2008
Aspen, CO

This Saturday, we’re in Colorado for the Aspen Food & Wine Classic, broadcasting from The Little Nell inn.

Rock legend Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac fame) will share the news about his latest award-winning venture, Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar. Peter will talk to Mick about his life as a musician as well as his latest love – wine!

He’ll chat with Dana Cowin, editor-in-chief of Food & Wine magazine. They’ll be joined by chef/cookbook author/political activist Michel Nischan to discuss the Wholesome Wave Foundation which makes locally grown, sustainable foods available to all.

Peter also talks with long time radio friend Walter Isaacson, president and CEO of the Aspen Institute. Walter talks about his tenure as president, his life as a journalist, and his work during hurricane Katrina disaster.

Chef Ryan Hardy of The Little Nell talks with Peter about his travels with food and what he’s got on the menu today!

Our next culinary stop is with Marcus Samuelsson, executive chef and co-owner of Aquavit in New York. A James Beard award-winning chef, Marcus will also talk about his philanthropic projects that he conceived and spearheaded.

Plus, we’ll hear the latest breaking travel news, and much much more!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Snow Mass Village Sun

http://www.snowmassvillagesun.com/ap...NEWS/573765530

Don’t expect “Rhiannon” or “You Can Go Your Own Way” when Mick Fleetwood performs on the Fanny Hill stage this weekend. Instead, the co-founder of Fleetwood Mac has cobbled together a hard-hitting blues band that pays homage to his early years with the group and to the music of artists like John Lee Hooker and Sonny Boy Williamson.

Tickets are $125 for VIP access and $50 for general admission for the June 14 performance (tentatively scheduled for 7 p.m.) and available through www.mountaingroove.inticketing.com or 866-55-TICKETS.

“I’ve got my oxygen mask all ready” for the high-altitude performance, Fleetwood quipped this week from his home in Maui. His visit here has dual purposes – to showcase s band that includes veteran blues player Rick Vito, bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboard player Mark Johnstone – but also to introduce his Private Cellar wine to the thousands of oenophiles expected to turn out for the Food & Wine Classic at Aspen.

“I’ve certainly heard about this whole (food and wine festival) that goes one there. And selfishly, I get to play. It’s all great,” he said.

Fleetwood is as discerning about vino as he is about the process of making music.

“When we first started (Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar), I went in with the trust that I had to stay totally true to the school, better or worse, that the choice in the bottle is chosen by me, blended by me,” he said. After a half-dozen years and the production of 18 wines, nine of his vintages received bronze or better medals in international competition.

Make no mistake: Fleetwood isn’t a gentleman winemaker who presides over a $60 million vineyard. That’s of no interest to the musician. Instead, he prefers to assume an active role in the wine’s creation – maybe selecting a little more syrah here, a drop of cuvée there.

What Fleetwood said has helped him create great vintages is the ability to accept, even encourage, criticism, from those experts around you. “It’s very much like the journey of writing a song – you craft it, think you’ve got it right then you go back into the ‘studio.’”

It also helps to have confidence in your taste buds too, “What I do have is the trust in what I like,” he said.

What’s a more difficult task, making good wine or good music?

“I would say music because it’s so contingent in the finite sense of the word; there are more variable and more people involved rather than one person arriving at a decision. With both music and wine you get a little bit of this, a little bit of that.”

In August, Fleetwood Mac will celebrate its 40th anniversary as a band and the iconic co-founder said that by late fall, he, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Lindsay Buckingham will return to the studio to record a few songs (not an album, that’s too old school). Prior to that, Fleetwood will perform some gigs in Europe with his blues band. And when he’s not busy with those musicians, he’s taken a new liking to indigenous Hawaiian music something akin to “a luau in Detroit,” said his manager Jonathan Todd.

Here in Snowmass, attendees can expect to hear the best of Fleetwood Mac circa 1967-70 plus “the whole American blues journey,” Fleetwood said, including songs such as “Albatross” and “Black Magic Woman” (which was a Mac song before it was a Santana anthem).

“It’s a super tight band,” stressed the legendary blues-rocker-oenophile, who reminds that on Saturday night, “You will not be hearing ‘Rhiannon.’”