Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Look at the Eagles since Hell Freezes Over. They had Farewell 1 DVD set, which was awesome, and also The History of the Eagles (THREE DVDS), which is even better.

I guess we could never have the history of FM.... because even though they would all look bad, her high goatness would REALLY look bad, so she'd never allow it to happen.
They absolutely should have done something like “History of” but there’s no way. The thing about Don and Glenn, they didn’t care that they came off like absolute a-holes in that documentary. Stevie would never allow herself to not look like she is perfect.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just in the “modern era” alone they have left so many opportunities on the table that would’ve been huge cash grabs.

Off the top of my head…
-Continuing The Dance tour to Europe/world in 1998 as a fivesome
-Re-releasing Buckingham Nicks in 1998 (25th anniversary) and continuing The Dance as a foursome, go to Europe and around the world, and then go back to the States to pimp the BN rerelease.
-Waiting 6 years between Chris leaving and releasing Say You Will
-making the 2009 tour, the first without an album to tour behind, a celebration of Tusk at 30. Should have been the focus of the tour including a 6-8 song “Tusk set” within. Release a recording along with the Tusk deluxe in the following years.
-Touring right away in 2014 - a new album should’ve been done first and released as Fleetwood Mac with the tour starting in 2015.
-if you’re not doing the above, milk Rumours more. With the 5 back together, play Rumours in its entirety during each show. Release a live album of it afterward.
-Releasing a live album from the actual 2014/15 tour
-and as previously mentioned, not doing something with the Dance at 20 or 25 years is such a missed money opportunity

These people are so dumb at business.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They absolutely should have done something like “History of” but there’s no way. The thing about Don and Glenn, they didn’t care that they came off like absolute a-holes in that documentary. Stevie would never allow herself to not look like she is perfect.
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light. And the armies of men she's screwed. Yep, she's NEVER letting that sh*t into a doc.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light.
Now there are four??? I've always heard just the Don story.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Now there are four??? I've always heard just the Don story.
https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44669
Old 01-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light. And the armies of men she's screwed. Yep, she's NEVER letting that sh*t into a doc.
What was somebody saying about misogyny here?
Old 01-26-2024, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
What was somebody saying about misogyny here?
The truth is the truth. Pull your head out of the sand.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My frustration is they are way too short-termist in their thinking. They don’t see the longer term money opportunities. A few years ago they chose to play at the Isle of Wight festival in the UK as they were offering more money on the table than Glastonbury. The longer term finances of a Glastonbury exposure would have been far higher than IOW.
Even then, there could have been a Live at the Isle of Wight release like so many other great bands.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2024, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The truth is the truth. Pull your head out of the sand.
If you can't discern the difference between blatant and constant misogyny and needing to "pull your head out of the sand" i feel for the women in your life.

You're a **** gay.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
If you can't discern the difference between blatant and constant misogyny and needing to "pull your head out of the sand" i feel for the women in your life.

You're a **** gay.
I realize that there is no modding here any more, but this is BS.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been on this board long enough to know what is appropriate and what is not.

Homer, I agree with your positions 98% of the time, however, can you please for the love of god take some responsibility for how your words may come across to others on here? Yes, Stevie ruined the band, the band of all of our lives, not just yours. Yes her voice is shot, yes she lies constantly, and yes she is a joke of her former self. But talking about how many abortions someone has had is in bad taste. In Australia, this is considered incredibly tacky and tasteless. and yet we are still sitting here on this board wondering where all the people have gone, and it's not because of Facebook. It's because the tone and depth of discussion have gone out the window.