User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2024, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh wow, i didn't realize this whole interview was what started this thread (thought it was an old thread and discussion of new Neil bean-spilling interview was just added in). also didn't realize this came out few days ago and not just today when i got a ping about it (i'm behind FM times here lol).

too bad that the glorious title of this article (Neil Finn on joining Fleetwood Mac: “Stevie wanted to do it exactly the way Lindsey would have.”) is missing above but glad to see all responses from the interview are included.
Elle, so glad to see you back here. You have been greatly missed. The Lindsey camp on this board is poorer for your absence.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i wonder whether Azoff's power in music world waned when Neil was willing to spill this out.
At first I thought Neil would need to clean up his comments but he has no plan of working with Stevie again. He’s putting out a record with Crowded House this year.

Also, take a look at Irving’s courtroom behavior in the Hotel California case. He acted like Trump does: hostile. He covered up Henley’s abuse of a minor. He’s a Roy Cohn. Him and his buddy James Dolan are both Trumpers. I don’t know if he commands respect anymore. The judge said he and Henley misled the court.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
In 1975, yes. Today, a PAF in the neck position with a hotter bridge pickup is definitely not thin. Bonus points if it’s set up with blend wiring. I had a Duncan Set Lover neck and Duncan Broadcaster bridge that covered a lot of sonic ground. For my Micawber, I use a Duncan Seth Lover and Antiquity Lap Steel bridge with blend, and that Keefs for days.

A two single coil Tele with a 4-way switch (which I doubt were around in 1975) gets a nice PAF sound in the fourth position. My main Tele has this with a DiMarzio Twang King neck and Duncan Broadcaster bridge. Also, using a .003uF ceramic disc capacitor gives the pickups a P90/PAF type tone.

Of course, there are Tele humbuckers like a DiMarzio Chopper T or Duncan Little ‘59.
Well, my two favorite strats have EMG active pickups(number one has the Vince Gill drop in system- midrange boost on the bottom tone knob), and they also have Fishman Powerbridge piezo pickups, for acoustic sounds. I WISH I could do that to my B- bender, but the open saddle on the B string doesn't allow for those mods(although I put active EMG's on it). I've thought about contacting Glaser here in Nashville about seeing if he has any new ways around this. I'm guessing he does.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
exactly. and this interview makes it crystal clear that Stevie (and Azoff) statements were complete bs.
How so? Lindsey’s comments about a Buckingham Nicks reunion tour being impossible between legs and Stevie not focusing on new material to Rolling Stone in December, 2012, calling Irving’s baby a cash grab that didn’t speak to the band’s aspirations, and being difficult during tour negotiations were probably, in their minds, fireable offenses that were entirely all on Lindsey. It’s all about perspective.

I mean, yeah, she’s said obnoxious things about him, too, but she’s the reason they’re an arena band. Meanwhile, Irving is arguably the most powerful man in the music industry.

Quote:
i wonder whether Azoff's power in music world waned when Neil was willing to spill this out.
LOL, absolutely not, don’t be ridiculous. Lindsey Buckingham and Neil Finn are fleas on a dog’s ass as far as he’s concerned, especially now that Fleetwood Mac is done. Outside of diehard Fleetwood Mac fans, people couldn’t care less.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-19-2024 at 08:08 PM..
Old 04-19-2024, 07:56 PM
Ledgie

I wonder what kind of NDAs were signed with the settlement of Lindsey’s lawsuit. I’m assuming Neil and Mike would not have been part of any NDA signed from the Lindsey settlement because they were never legal Fleetwood Mac Inc members or party to the lawsuit. So if a biopic did ever happen about the band, how would Lindsey’s firing be portrayed?

We know Stevie has Ryan Murphy in her stable but Lindsey has some Hollywood connections too. I doubt Lindsey would do this but imagine if he was the first to collaborate with someone to get his version of the Fleetwood Mac story told. That would sure cause a lot of panic for Stevie on how she’d be portrayed. She’d be going to Rolling Stone for sure to get her story out there (again) before a Lindsey backed biopic was made/released. But if all FM members signed NDAs maybe it wouldn’t matter too much because this event would likely not be told based on historical accuracy.

Last edited by In Your Dreams; 04-19-2024 at 08:07 PM..
Old 04-19-2024, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How so? Lindsey’s comments about a Buckingham Nicks reunion tour being impossible between legs and Stevie not focusing on new material to Rolling Stone in December, 2012, calling Irving’s baby a cash grab that didn’t speak to the band’s aspirations, and being difficult during tour negotiations were probably, in their minds, fireable offenses that were entirely all on Lindsey. It’s all about perspective.

I mean, yeah, she’s said obnoxious things about him, too, but she’s the reason they’re an arena band. Meanwhile, Irving is arguably the most powerful man in the music industry.
If saying things about your bandmates is a fireable offense, the entire band would be fired at one point or other, and Stevie would be at the top of the list.

slagging off your bandmates isn't anything new nor a remotely fireable offense, nor is 'being difficult in tour negotiations' even in rock and roll. The fact that they ultimately settled so quickly with him reinforces the legal system agrees, and "in their minds" it was actually petty chapped buttholes that came into play. So chapping the asses of your bandmates and manager rises to a 'fireable' offense within FM world.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
If saying things about your bandmates is a fireable offense, the entire band would be fired at one point or other, and Stevie would be at the top of the list.

slagging off your bandmates isn't anything new nor a remotely fireable offense, nor is 'being difficult in tour negotiations' even in rock and roll. The fact that they ultimately settled so quickly with him reinforces the legal system agrees, and "in their minds" it was actually petty chapped buttholes that came into play. So chapping the asses of your bandmates and manager rises to a 'fireable' offense within FM world.
You say that as if there was a neutral power dynamic at play.

Slagging on Stevie Nicks after the one person in the world who could be brutally honest with her and talk her off the ledge died (Barbara Nicks) when she needs you less than you need her, yeah, it’s fireable, especially given the contentious dysfunctional relationship between those two.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-20-2024 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-20-2024, 12:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Once 1) Mike Campbell needed a job and 2) Irving had proven that the Eagles could tour without Glen, anything less than worship of Stevie would have been a fireable offense to Stevie and Irving as far as Lindsey was concerned.

That’s what made the initial PR spin FM did around the firing so absurd and gross. It was always obvious that Stevie demanded that Lindsey be fired or she wouldn’t tour. She just didn’t want to look bad, and when she did get backlash, her groupies like Vanessa Carlton took to twitter to badmouth Lindsey.

And Stevie is the queen of unreasonable tour demands. Separate jets and grand pianos and pink painted suites. Bringing her background singers everywhere. Playing the same set lists. Interminable costume, no make that shawl, changes. Forcing the others to wait for her to finish solo stuff all the time. And I’m sure by the end at least double the share of the tour income of any other member of the band. She just had the power to get away with it and Lindsey didn’t. While we didn’t need proof of all of this, Neil clearly saw this dynamic first hand from how he described the band.
Old 04-20-2024, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
While we didn’t need proof of all of this, Neil clearly saw this dynamic first hand from how he described the band.
but... but how do you mean?? they were all so happy happy happy happy that tour, no??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-20-2024, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but... but how do you mean?? they were all so happy happy happy happy that tour, no??
And the pre-BN songs were so enjoyed by the band that the setlist dropped to 18 songs from 24 songs at the band's final concert at Oracle Park in San Francisco (Oh Well was the pre BN song) and 20 songs at their last indoor arena concert (BMW and Split Enz were the extra two here).

During the On With the Show Tour, the setlist never went below 22 songs, one reason a song was dropped was Songbird was giving Christine pain in her hands but she brought it back for Europe and Australia and New Zealand. Stevie dropped Seven Wonders, which seemed to be a challenging vocal for her, but it could also have been that she didn't want to sing 8 "solo" songs.

My one wish for the OWTS Tour is that Lindsey played Bleed To Love Her rather than I Know I'm Not Wrong and instead of Sisters of the Moon, Stevie played Angel since we got Sisters at every 2013 show.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And the pre-BN songs were so enjoyed by the band that the setlist dropped to 18 songs from 24 songs at the band's final concert at Oracle Park in San Francisco (Oh Well was the pre BN song) and 20 songs at their last indoor arena concert (BMW and Split Enz were the extra two here).

During the On With the Show Tour, the setlist never went below 22 songs, one reason a song was dropped was Songbird was giving Christine pain in her hands but she brought it back for Europe and Australia and New Zealand. Stevie dropped Seven Wonders, which seemed to be a challenging vocal for her, but it could also have been that she didn't want to sing 8 "solo" songs.

My one wish for the OWTS Tour is that Lindsey played Bleed To Love Her rather than I Know I'm Not Wrong and instead of Sisters of the Moon, Stevie played Angel since we got Sisters at every 2013 show.
They did play Bleed to Love Her at the Australia and New Zealand shows. Along with Sara and Think About Me, which they didn’t play in the North America shows so I believe.

Angel is still possible, if Stevie wants to do something actually different and interesting with her solo setlists for the European tour.

Last edited by secret love; 04-20-2024 at 07:14 AM..
Old 04-20-2024, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
They did play Bleed to Love Her at the Australia and New Zealand shows. Along with Sara and Think About Me, which they didn’t play in the North America shows so I believe.

Angel is still possible, if Stevie wants to do something actually different and interesting with her solo setlists for the European tour.
Oh man could you imagine for the hardcore fans? But if she’s not singing Sara because it reminds her of Christine, I don’t know how she does Angel because I think of that as such a Chris driven song. I didn’t care for the Waddy led one which had Roy on piano, but I’d take that version just to hear Angel live again.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
, or the fact Mick and Lindsey reconciled after Peter died.
I didn't related the reconciliation with Peter's pass away. When I read about it, I thought in Mick saying The tour is over, now what can I do.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I didn't related the reconciliation with Peter's pass away. When I read about it, I thought in Mick saying The tour is over, now what can I do.
They reconciled when Lindsey called Mick after Peter died.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-20-2024, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Elle, so glad to see you back here. You have been greatly missed. The Lindsey camp on this board is poorer for your absence.
awwww so nice of you to say that, thank you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"