The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
OH! What an informative thread! I have an awful complection, and have since I was a young teenager. I'm damn near 30 and my face still breaks out like a teenagers... So, I'm on Accutane for the third time now, and will have lazer surgery in about a year. In the meantime, I think I will try the Mederma and see what it does. But my scars are pretty deep, so I'm skeptical.
I took 2.5 cycles of accutane myself. But it was because my first Derm messed up a bit - After I was done, he did not do the chemical exfoliation on my face. By the time you're done with accutane, you have so much dry skin clogging your pores that you really need the doctor exfoliation. As soon as new derm figured that out and did it, my skin ceased to break out like it had been doing without the exfoliation. They probably did that for you, but in case they didn't, I just wanted to tell you. I still get zits, but it was out of control after my accutane, before exfoliation. Unfortunately it was not in time to keep me from getting some big ass pores..

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HoCrap - Mederma is like 30bucks!!! I bought the CVS brand for now - hopefully I'll see an improvement and then in April I'll buy the real stuff - I did get some ROC night cream though....

Dissention - will you offer a full refund if I'm not satisfied with my results
Old 03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
HoCrap - Mederma is like 30bucks!!! I bought the CVS brand for now - hopefully I'll see an improvement and then in April I'll buy the real stuff - I did get some ROC night cream though....

Dissention - will you offer a full refund if I'm not satisfied with my results
I will. I bet mine's better.
Here's a little more on it, just to be obnoxious.
"Benefits
DHC's special olive oil has myriad skin benefits. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, our virgin olive oil is a highly effective component in neutralizing the free radicals that damage healthy skin. Olive oil also helps your skin regulate its natural moisturizing systems. With its unique ability to mix with water, our olive oil penetrates deep, helping your skin drink in and hold moisture without clogging pores. Oxidized oils cause blackheads and a host of other problems, but because olive oil has a naturally lower oxidation rate than your skin's natural oils, it is a perfect supplement to help keep oxidation problems at bay while forming a barrier to protect from irritants.

Quality
Our Olive Virgin Oil is of the finest quality extracted from organic Spanish olives, hand-picked when they are young and bursting with skin-beneficial ingredients. Obtained without forced compression, heat processes, or chemical solvents, this superior virgin olive oil is extracted from the crush before the first cold pressing to preserve its many nutrients. Endorsed by Spain's Regulatory Committee on Organic Agriculture, DHC's olive oil has the seal of approval given to less than 2% of Spain's highest quality organic products. Finally, to ensure compatibility with skin, our special virgin olive oil is carefully filtered under laboratory conditions in Japan to remove potential pore-clogging impurities. What emerges is a certified, premium, organic virgin olive oil.

Purity
The standards reflected in the way we obtain our special olive oil are applied to all our ingredients, as well as to the formulation of every product. Incorporating the latest research in skincare, while also paying special attention to testing procedures for irritancy, no product is released until it meets our standard: high-quality, safe, and effective products for even sensitive skin. DHC skincare products are free of unnecessary fragrances and coloring agents, and are clinically tested for irritancy at our labs in Japan and in the United States. No DHC products are ever tested on animals.

Simplicity
DHC products are simple yet effective, with nothing unnecessary that might harm the delicate balance of healthy skin. So many of our products are blended with olive oil because, through the ages, it continues to be among the best natural ingredients for helping women achieve and maintain radiant, youthful-looking skin. With its ability to do so much, skincare is simplified beautiful skin, achieved almost effortlessly.

No animal testing
DHC skincare products are never tested on animals.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL- I would love to try the DHC stuff - I just need to wait until I have more funds

I think what's really screwing me over right now is the dryness....this Hispanic woman skin needs lots and lots of moisture to thrive - I mean my grandma is like 77 and just in the last two years has started looking older - the women in my family generally age really really well

I complained about the oil problem in the summer here - but I think it's better than the excessive dryness which is now causing wrinkles
Old 03-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
LOL- I would love to try the DHC stuff - I just need to wait until I have more funds

I think what's really screwing me over right now is the dryness....this Hispanic woman skin needs lots and lots of moisture to thrive - I mean my grandma is like 77 and just in the last two years has started looking older - the women in my family generally age really really well

I complained about the oil problem in the summer here - but I think it's better than the excessive dryness which is now causing wrinkles
That's why I like that stuff, the set I got, you put the pure olive oil stuff on after the whole cleansing/moisterizer thing (at night) and my skin was all soft and nice the next day. And I don't really have dry skin (sometimes, a little) but the whole thing didn't clog my pores or anything - in fact it cleaned them! I dunno, I really have always thought Olive oil was good for your skin (from research) and I've never really been into "moisturizing" type skin products, never done that whole thing, but I really liked this one. I think, also, with a lot of moisterizers, putting them on makes your body stop the production of it's own skin oil, cause it thinks your skin is already moisterized. I didn't get the sense that this one was like that at all. Ok, I'll hush now. But our skin may be more alike then the other peoples, who I think are lighter. Anyway, hopefully what you already bought will work for you, since you already bought it and everything.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
He made a movie with Brenda Blethyn called Saving Grace that you MUST see. It's HYSTERICAL. Her husband dies and leaves her in debt, so her and her gardener (Ferguson) decide to grow weed and sell it to get her out of debt. There's one scene where the cops are after them, so they burn all the weed, but the fumes make everyone in the town high!

LOVE IT!!!! Just watched it again the other night. It's such a warm, sweet movie too! I love his rant in the bar at the pool table about "Ganja Grace and the Lobster Queen!" Love that Scottish accent.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
LOVE IT!!!! Just watched it again the other night. It's such a warm, sweet movie too! I love his rant in the bar at the pool table about "Ganja Grace and the Lobster Queen!" Love that Scottish accent.
It's sooooooooo cute. Love it!

"Grace? We loooooooooooooooooooove Grace! Do you know Grace?"