The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just trying to work out whether I need to eat my hat, which I said on another thread I'd do if Christine performed with them / rejoined on her trip to the US. I think the hat is safe with this performance; maybe I only have to eat a third of it?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I'm just trying to work out whether I need to eat my hat, which I said on another thread I'd do if Christine performed with them / rejoined on her trip to the US. I think the hat is safe with this performance; maybe I only have to eat a third of it?
Hat + Some nice relish or sauce might go down ok Mark!!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think this would be great timing. Lindsey was hoping they'd record an album after the last tour and that obviously didn't happen. We predicted that it wouldn't. This time it could happen if Christine was going to do it with them. That would give Stevie incentive to do an album, even if the tour strains relationships, going into the studio again wouldn't be a bad thing, if Chris was going to be there.

Michele
You know this all seems to be adding up in the form of a weird algerbraic equation.

First we have word that LB has written/recorded 8 songs, with Stevie in mind on a few. Then we hear that SN and LB are going to do WY live. In a minor slip we hear that SN actually submitted 1 song. Now CM is heading to LA to "visit" SN.

If CM whips up 4-5 songs (from Dec until April) we have the a complete album with a few Bsides and outtakes. It's all starting to make much more sense.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
You know this all seems to be adding up in the form of a weird algerbraic equation.

Then we hear that SN and LB are going to do WY live. In a minor slip we hear that SN actually submitted 1 song.
The song Stevie submitted was Without You.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
The song Stevie submitted was Without You.
Do we know this for certain? I'd like to see this clip again. There are so many slpiced ones out there...it would be hard to find.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do we know this for certain? I'd like to see this clip again. There are so many slpiced ones out there...it would be hard to find.
Yes, it's been said several times in various interviews/videos - it should all be in the FM Press 2013 thread and the 2013 Video Interview thread.

At first they just were saying that she brought in a BN song to record (and Lindsey was kind of harping on the fact that she didn't bring anything new) and then they eventually starting saying that said BN song was Without You.

Last edited by WildHearted; 02-16-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Yes, it's been said several times in various interviews/videos - it should all be in the FM Press 2013 thread and the 2013 Video Interview thread.

At first they just were saying that she brought in a BN song to record (and Lindsey was kind of harping on the fact that she didn't bring anything new) and then they eventually starting saying that said BN song was Without You.
ok, I believe you. Searching for the vid would be like reading all the articles again. At some point I just start skimming them, b/c is seems I have read it/or a variation of it 3-5 times over. Ahh love that modern journalisim.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok, I believe you. Searching for the vid would be like reading all the articles again. At some point I just start skimming them, b/c is seems I have read it/or a variation of it 3-5 times over. Ahh love that modern journalisim.
see that's what i don't like about videos vs the text - you can't do a quick search to find what you need.

but i'm sure that's gonna be coming soon enough.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-16-2013, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

First we have word that LB has written/recorded 8 songs, with Stevie in mind on a few. Then we hear that SN and LB are going to do WY live. In a minor slip we hear that SN actually submitted 1 song. Now CM is heading to LA to "visit" SN.

If CM whips up 4-5 songs (from Dec until April) we have the a complete album with a few Bsides and outtakes. It's all starting to make much more sense.
It won't happen; this unexpected live performance was unrelated to what Fleetwood Mac is doing. I'll eat the remaining two-thirds of my hat if it does happen.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
It won't happen; this unexpected live performance was unrelated to what Fleetwood Mac is doing. I'll eat the remaining two-thirds of my hat if it does happen.
haha, we want screen caps of the first missing third!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Stevie's already recorded without Christine. I think her real issue is how to throw songs up against a wall or into the universe.
I don't think the reason she doesn't want to record is because Christine is gone. I think the reason is she doesn't want to record, period. But having Christine do it would force her hand. Either she'd want to record or wouldn't want to be left out. So, she'd join in.

I'm not saying she won't record because she misses Christine so much. I'm saying she is resistant to recording but if Christine is involved that resistance would be overcome.

As for the internet, I don't think that's her concern, actually. She just doesn't want to put out FM music for whatever reason. That's my thought.

Michele
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see that's what i don't like about videos vs the text - you can't do a quick search to find what you need.
I agree about the videos. They have snapstream that lets you search videos. Jon Stewart has been using it for years, which is how his staff finds video tape from 10 years ago of politicians contradicting what they're saying now. But Snapstream is very expensive. I wish that technology would become available to the average consumer.

Plus, I'm having a hard time saving videos too. I'm thinking of just running them on my tv via the internet through my Kindle Fire and recording them on tivo. But it's a lot of work for snippets.

Anyway, Mick kept saying 3-4 songs that Stevie might have been on, like he thought there might be another one out there that we don't know about. So, maybe there's Without You and something else. I guess he just wasn't there at Lindsey's house, so he doesn't know what she sang on. But if he listens to anything they say (3000 times) he should know that it's just the 2. I'd like to know why he says it is possibly 3.

Michele
Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not saying she won't record because she misses Christine so much. I'm saying she is resistant to recording but if Christine is involved that resistance would be overcome.

As for the internet, I don't think that's her concern, actually. She just doesn't want to put out FM music for whatever reason. That's my thought.

Michele
This is how I feel, as well.

And the internet is definitely just a scapegoat at this point. I don't think any of them even believe what they're saying re: no one wanting to listen to full albums, etc. It's a lame excuse.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Anyway, Mick kept saying 3-4 songs that Stevie might have been on, like he thought there might be another one out there that we don't know about. So, maybe there's Without You and something else. I guess he just wasn't there at Lindsey's house, so he doesn't know what she sang on. But if he listens to anything they say (3000 times) he should know that it's just the 2. I'd like to know why he says it is possibly 3.

Michele
We can never trust this band when it comes to numbers. Stevie refered to the long Rhiannon version when Letterman mentioned that on Valentine, as the "17 minute"- version. Ha. I bet they only recorded Two.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
We can never trust this band when it comes to numbers. Stevie refered to the long Rhiannon version when Letterman mentioned that on Valentine, as the "17 minute"- version. Ha. I bet they only recorded Two.
That reminded me of John on the Best Buy CD talking about Molly performing Rhiannon at school years and, of course, being a young girl, Molly wanted to do the looooong version of the song.

Bet Letterman doesn't know about the Cleaning Lady version of Sara.

Michele