Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think she will do the album despite her and Lindsey not being able to stand each other.
I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree. If she recorded her latest solo album in 3 weeks, she could easily recreate the same situation with Fleetwood Mac. She may not be able to stand Lindsey, but thanks to digital recording technology and her newfound ability to record quickly, the amount of time she'd have to dedicate to a FM project would be almost inconsequential. And we all know she'd sooner die than let Lindsey be on a final FM album without her. All of this posturing in the press is just a way for the band members to wrangle whatever demands they may have for this project.
I think that's a point most people leave out. Stevie is far too prideful to let her archenemy/lostlover outperform her. She couldn't stand it. There's also the chance that this whole thing is a bunch of codswallop for the press to eat up, and the album was finished during their winter hiatus!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
They've hated each other for many albums, doesn't mean she won't do it.

Christine: Lindsey loves you, Stevie!!
Stevie: It was his hatred that fooled me!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Stevie,

How's about shutting the hell up with the press about how much you don't like Lindsey, get off your lazy ass, and write three effing songs. Good Lord, in the time you spent bitching about Lindsey, you could've had your contributions to the new Fleetwood Mac album completed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.
That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.
I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.
It's a fair point. I know a lot of people think it's all about the $$. But I'm sure Christine and Lindsey could easily do an album without her. Mick would be the only one worried about that.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's a fair point. I know a lot of people think it's all about the $$. But I'm sure Christine and Lindsey could easily do an album without her. Mick would be the only one worried about that.
Now that's an idea and.........Buckingham, McVie has a ring to it.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele
I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, this is kind of what I've been saying for some time, too. We all know how Stevie prefers to flop between her solo and FM careers. After 3 consecutive years in a row of touring with FM, she will most likely want a break from FM. Especially considering she shelved any sort of promotion for her most recent solo album, and instead kept on touring with FM. I don't see a FM album coming out this year at all. Next year? Maybe.

My guess is Stevie will want to do at least some sort of small solo tour perhaps later this year for 24k Gold. Or maybe she will take off the rest of the year to write and put some demos to tape. We all know how the road with FM tends to inspire her. I also know with Lindsey and Christine contributing new material, Stevie will want something fresh to bring to the FM table.

Quote:
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?

Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.
yes!!

Quote:
oh but i just so love that possibility!

Quote:
I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.
and you want that? enough of endless Mac cash cow tours! (i can say that however many times and i know it will never be true - all of them seem to love the sold-out arenas the huge amount of adulation and endless millions FM tours give them... and i guess that's understandable. most people would.)

Quote:
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?
ok 6 years now i guess!

but yeah, just read some of the threads here from 2009. everybody was so sure that FM will go straight in the studio when they get off the road in 2009... since Lindsey was saying that's what they'll do every night on stage. when they came off the road Stevie nixed the album, so he gave up and recorded SWS. and that was a part of his intro the whole 2011 solo tour "i was hoping something else was gonna happen, but since the time unexpectedly opened up, i filled it." then 2012 they went into studio. then 2014. so yes, since 2010-2015, looks like at least 5 years to me.

Quote:
Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"