User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I actually appreciated it, too. Kind of shocking that they'd let the world see that they(Glenn, especially) were f*cking assh*les.

You know, they DO have the top selling album of the last century...... think about that for a minute. A century! I think that leads us down the path that you have to be a ruthless, self absorbed ASSH*LE to truly become a household name.

Or you could just sleep your way to the top, like $tevie.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... what if $tevie had been UGLY? SERIOUS question.
If she was ugly, let’s face it, she’d never have been in Fritz or started dating Lindsey in the first place. She’d probably be a teacher or something. There’s very little room for truly ugly people in the celebrity world. And while the double standard is wrong, there’s a lot more wiggle room for an ugly man vs an ugly woman, especially in music.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
In the documentary I thought they did nothing to not look like complete assholes. It was refreshing that they didn’t try to hide it I suppose.

Being in these bands seems exhausting. At least the money is good.
Quote:
If she was ugly, let’s face it, she’d never have been in Fritz or started dating Lindsey in the first place. She’d probably be a teacher or something. There’s very little room for truly ugly people in the celebrity world. And while the double standard is wrong, there’s a lot more wiggle room for an ugly man vs an ugly woman, especially in music.
You're correct on all counts.

She's very lucky the entire world wanted to sleep with her, and she was willing to do so.
Old 07-30-2023, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's very lucky the entire world wanted to sleep with her, and she was willing to do so.
I liked how you brought the thread full circle back to the Eagles
Old 07-30-2023, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I liked how you brought the thread full circle back to the Eagles
Well we know for certain that she slept with two, and aborted one of their babies. I'll bet she slept with more than two of them.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we know for certain that she slept with two, and aborted one of their babies. I'll bet she slept with more than two of them.
Not an official member but also JD Souther was about as close as one could get to being an Eagle without being one.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not an official member but also JD Souther was about as close as one could get to being an Eagle without being one.
And Don Felder played guitar on The Highwayman, so I'm sure that's all the opportunity she needed to sink her claws into him as well.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hE

I have seen the Eagles 3 times. The first was mini tour in 2010 where they came to the Skydome in Toronto with The Chicks and JD and The Straight Shot. They didn't play their usual 3 hour show but a simple 2 hours of mostly hits.

The next time it was the History of The Eagles Tour in 2013 in Ottawa and I liked that they did pull out some deep cuts like These Shoes, Doolin Dalton, Pretty Maids... Train Leaves This Morning .

The last time I saw them was last September on the Hotel California tour. It was my least favorite concert. Joe was struggling to hit notes early on and even Timothy wasn't very good on I Can't Tell You Why.

I did read Felder's book and watched the Eagles Documentary. I came away thinking that Henley and Frey were real pricks were full of themselves and became bullies. They only reunited in 94 for money and then tried to screw the others out of less money simply because as Frey put it they had kept the Eagles music alive by selling out arenas and stadiums. I would argue Henley was the only one who had consistent hits in the 80's. Frey peaked in 85 and albums released after that didn't sell and there little to no big hits. Plus he opened up for some of Tina Tuner's Private Dancer tour. Did he ever headline Stadium's or Arenas on his own name?

I also never got why Frey got so pissed off re Felder's Nice to meet you... I guess comment to Allan Cranston and his wife. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as he makes it out to be and it seemed like in 94 he was still pissed off about it. Then Henley gets all bent out of shape over Felder writing a tell all book. He's only mad because Felder told the truth. I don't recall them suing for slander over what he wrote in the book.

The reason Felder was fired was he wouldn't sign the contract for the Selected Works Box Set. He was CFO of the Eagles Corporation and asked to see the financial records and was refused.

I found it pretty insulting when they were given the Kennedy Center Honor's but the band Excluded Felder, Leadan and Meisner. Schmidt only played on one album before the breakup and wasn't even there during the beginning or even when they blow up thanks to Hotel California.

Irving is a terrible Manager and human being. He thinks endless nostalgia tours as sky high prices is better than being creative and making new music. Though if I was under his Management I wouldn't be thrilled knowing that not once but twice a long term member of a popular band is fired and then the band has to settle a lawsuit and pay out big bucks to fired band member.

The Current version of the Eagles is nothing but a nostalgia act. They need Leadon and Felder back to make it a little more legit if it is the final tour.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
They only reunited in 94 for money and then tried to screw the others out of less money simply because as Frey put it they had kept the Eagles music alive by selling out arenas and stadiums. I would argue Henley was the only one who had consistent hits in the 80's. Frey peaked in 85 and albums released after that didn't sell and there little to no big hits. Plus he opened up for some of Tina Tuner's Private Dancer tour. .
Irving even says in "History" that Henley's career was "you know, really, REALLY successful". There's no doubt he was much more successful than Frey.

I've always maintained that the real reason they broke up, and Glenn was such an ass, was that he was jealous that Don became THE VOICE of the Eagles. Glenn was supposed to be the star!
Old 08-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Irving even says in "History" that Henley's career was "you know, really, REALLY successful". There's no doubt he was much more successful than Frey.

I've always maintained that the real reason they broke up, and Glenn was such an ass, was that he was jealous that Don became THE VOICE of the Eagles. Glenn was supposed to be the star!
When Glenn made the comment in the documentary about him and Henley keeping the Eagles alive during the 80’s - come on - some of his solo work is fun. I’m a child of the 80’s…give me The Heat is On or You Belong to the City any day, but his solo career wasn’t ever half of what Henley accomplished between 1980-1994 and everyone knows it. Some of his stuff is pure cheesy sugary garbage.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Glenn made the comment in the documentary about him and Henley keeping the Eagles alive during the 80’s - come on - some of his solo work is fun. I’m a child of the 80’s…give me The Heat is On or You Belong to the City any day, but his solo career wasn’t ever half of what Henley accomplished between 1980-1994 and everyone knows it. Some of his stuff is pure cheesy sugary garbage.
I never saw the Eagles until they reunited, and even then, not until Glenn was dead! When they got back together, tickets were just so expensive. I wasn't willing to pay $300, 30 years ago. I think my FM Dance ticket was $100. That was a lot of money back then...I was willing to die to see FM, but not the Eagles.

BUT...I saw Henley solo 6 times. He's in the top 5 male vocalists of all time.

Even if he's an ass...