The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im big fan of Stevie and Im sad that sheīs not gonna participate, but itīs her decision. I would be much more sad if that would be the reason to the rest of the band not to record anything new, even when they want. So Im very happy now, that they found a way to record new album without her.

But I have to say that itīs little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac. So I dont see the reason why now it shouldnīt have been called Fleetwood Mac album when itīs without Stevie. There was so many incarnations of Fleetwood Mac in history, that it would not be so special... it certainly would have bigger potential of sales with the name Fleetwood Mac. So I guess that they feel that the popularity of Stevie and her being in Fleetwood Mac is so strong, that they need to call it diferently... but yeah, I think it would be more fair to Chrstine to keep the name Fleetwood Mac.
But anyway, who cares... there will be new music from these two and Im really looking forward to it.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Im big fan of Stevie and Im sad that sheīs not gonna participate, but itīs her decision. I would be much more sad if that would be the reason to the rest of the band not to record anything new, even when they want. So Im very happy now, that they found a way to record new album without her.

But I have to say that itīs little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac. So I dont see the reason why now it shouldnīt have been called Fleetwood Mac album when itīs without Stevie. There was so many incarnations of Fleetwood Mac in history, that it would not be so special... it certainly would have bigger potential of sales with the name Fleetwood Mac. So I guess that they feel that the popularity of Stevie and her being in Fleetwood Mac is so strong, that they need to call it diferently... but yeah, I think it would be more fair to Chrstine to keep the name Fleetwood Mac.
But anyway, who cares... there will be new music from these two and Im really looking forward to it.
It could be that the collaborations were so strong that a duet was more appropriate. The more I think about it, the more I love Buckingham/McVie.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lawyers, managers, threats of going to the press.

Christine had a different approach than Stevie does.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Very very different. They are so unalike.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Ledgie

I'm very excited about this! I do feel it's unfair to Christine to have to give the album and project a name that isn't Fleetwood Mac. But the comment regarding lawyers, managers, and going to the press seems accurate. Stevie has quite the ego, and it's a shame it's gotten in the way of being with her closest musical family for something special they haven't done since 1987/2, depending on who is asking. But I am looking forward to these present-day harmonies from folks interested in the music.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this does well so Stevie can feel like a damn idiot. All that "Albums don't sell anymore" and whatever garbage her management is feeding her. Selfish tw*t.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

To be fair to Stevie, Christine retired. Christine didn't have any reason to sick the lawyers, managers, or press on the band, because she wasn't going to be in it anymore. Stevie is still contractually a member of Fleetwood Mac and has signed on to go out on the road with them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair to Stevie, Christine retired. Christine didn't have any reason to sick the lawyers, managers, or press on the band, because she wasn't going to be in it anymore. Stevie is still contractually a member of Fleetwood Mac and has signed on to go out on the road with them.
Also to be fair, we don't know that Stevie even did any of that. But certain folks will imagine the worst, for fear of running out of reasons to hate her.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody here knows what words Stevie and Lindsey might have had between them during the last tour. They haven't gotten along for years and perhaps she has reached the point where she no longer cares to record with him. It's their business. Instead of being happy new music is coming, certain people on this board STILL have to resort to name calling and put downs. Outside of Fleetwood Mac, I haven't heard of people that work with Stevie having horrible things to say about her. Are you still pissed at Lindsey for bailing out on the TITN tour? Things happen. Be happy you are getting new music. They aren't going to call the new album Fleetwood Mac because the contract for all 5 is signed for an upcoming arena tour. Plain and simple. The Ledge is a great board, but also has a LOT of mean spirited hatefulness going at times. I don't understand it.
I doubt Stevie cares that they are putting out music without her as she chose not to be a part of it.
So, be happy you are getting the new album

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 01-15-2017 at 12:21 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Also to be fair, we don't know that Stevie even did any of that. But certain folks will imagine the worst, for fear of running out of reasons to hate her.
if you're implying that I hate Stevie, far from it. I have been a huge fan of hers since the 70s and she was the main reason I got into the band in the first place. I am, however, incredibly, sadly disappointed in her.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Registered

Quote:

But I have to say that itīs little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac.
i'm pretty sure she ok with all of it as long as her name is spelled correct on the check
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i'm pretty sure she ok with all of it as long as her name is spelled correct on the check
I think she's just happy to be working in the studio with Lindsey, Mick, and John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 08:28 PM

Christine just wants to create and perform. I sense her happiness. Lindsey looks and sounds really happy, too. He doesn't care about sales.. he just wants to use his gift.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree that it seems unfair. But the decision appears to be a business one. When Christine left, she didn't want to tour at all. She wanted to work on a new studio album with them but not go out on the road, so, given the ultimatum, she left completely, without ever intending to return. Since tour money has always been a BIG priority in Mac, her decision seemed irrevocable.

Stevie is willing to tour all the friggin' time. So, there you have it...

Also, if Christine had stayed in 1998 and Stevie left for good, the ensuing album would have been Fleetwood Mac. They were all a lot younger then. They had hopes of a "new" era of more music, more tours. Here, at this time, they're all trying to tie a bow on the thing and put it to bed before they die. By calling the album Buckingham/McVie, they avoid disturbing a situation that is A LOT more delicate than it was in 2003.

Unfair? Yes. Realistic/pragmatic: yes.

I also agree with others who are saying that calling the project Buckingham/McVie gives the two a lot more artistic freedom to do whatever the heck they want. They get to call the shots, they get to determine the direction of the production, they get to essentially break free of some of the traps Fleetwood Mac has laid for itself since 1980.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Ledgie

I agree with you, 'dontlookdown'.

We need this music.