User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2024, 01:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes and that line was cut from the Behind the Music. But it was in the previews.
You have a very good memory. Most would have forgotten that.
"There were times, you know, when she, we had to just scrape her off the floor."

I remember watching back in the day and still have the original recording from when it first aired and thought, "Wait, did I miss that part?" I'd rewind, but nope, it was cut, and I always wondered why have it as a preview before commercial only to edit it out?
Old 04-01-2024, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
"There were times, you know, when she, we had to just scrape her off the floor."

I remember watching back in the day and still have the original recording from when it first aired and thought, "Wait, did I miss that part?" I'd rewind, but nope, it was cut, and I always wondered why have it as a preview before commercial only to edit it out?
I'm sure she demanded that it be left out. She really doesn't want people to know what a mess she was. Addiction is really ugly. I kind of don't blame her..but... I wonder if Paul Fishkin had to pay a price at least for a while for saying that.... Though she's been really nice about him since, saying what a good guy he was. And she was invited to his daughter's wedding and stood up and sang Landslide at the reception (not clear if that was planned or, you know... just Stevie)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-01-2024 at 12:41 AM..
Old 04-01-2024, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post

I thought exactly the same thing. What a teaser that drop was though. I assume he was talking about the Wild Heart tour when Paul was still around in her career. Did he not sort of fall back post Wild Heart. Or maybe it was the RAL tour. The Red Rocks beginning is crazy when Dennis is trying to get her on stage and she is just running around with no direction as if she does not know or care she has to get to the stage. He looks like he is trying to herd a cat and physically take her to the stage with his hands.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I thought exactly the same thing. What a teaser that drop was though. I assume he was talking about the Wild Heart tour when Paul was still around in her career. Did he not sort of fall back post Wild Heart. Or maybe it was the RAL tour. The Red Rocks beginning is crazy when Dennis is trying to get her on stage and she is just running around with no direction as if she does not know or care she has to get to the stage. He looks like he is trying to herd a cat and physically take her to the stage with his hands.
That's funny it was in preview, and they never delivered.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there was a whole period of time where you never saw her in public without someone on either side of her guiding her along/holding her up.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
there was a whole period of time where you never saw her in public without someone on either side of her guiding her along/holding her up.
Wow, I do remember that. It looked like she was adored, but I never realized she just needed help.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since I just read Tango was announced 37 years ago, I was listening the Deluxe edition, bypassing some remixes I don't like.

But when I heard Juliet I thought humm, it's not that bad. Actually I like it far more than When I See You Again, and I'd have enjoyed it much more in the album, than the whatta matta baaabies.