Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Wild Heart - Dressing Room Demo/Outtake

Does anyone have this amazing version in higher quality than youtube video? Did she ever record it this way as a proper demo or outtake? I'd love to have a better copy.

This is the performance I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZbjlKIXY8k
Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd seen most of the youtube clips but somehow had missed this one til now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPv2nnj3UQI&NR=1
Old 04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Thought I'd seen most of the youtube clips but somehow had missed this one til now:

Can i axe jist one question? Is Stevie Nicks Bootylicious? I don't think she was ever known for her butt...
Old 04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Can i axe jist one question? Is Stevie Nicks Bootylicious? I don't think she was ever known for her butt...
Well, she mostly wears skirts/dresses or nowadays long shirts that cover her booty... so you can't really see!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What sucks is that she's in the actual music video for a split second. Blink and you miss her. Both the director and DC say they're huge Stevie fans and WANTED her in the video...yet they give her 2 seconds, if that.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This has always been my favorite video, since like... EVER!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

What is this from? Of course we've all seen the actual video, but this is great! Why oh why didn't they manage to squeeze in the part at 1:05 when she's flailing around and getting down? Sinful!

Back to the original topic of this thread (NO IDEA how the Bootylicious thing appeared in here, though I welcome it!), I can't help. I'm sure we would have heard a better quality version of the wild heart dressing room demo if it did exist.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenByTheSky23 View Post
What is this from? Of course we've all seen the actual video, but this is great! Why oh why didn't they manage to squeeze in the part at 1:05 when she's flailing around and getting down? Sinful!
its from the making of the Bootylicious video that aired on MTV. the original upload is mine... i edited out all the other stuff and just posted the Stevie part...someone keeps stealing my videos!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
its from the making of the Bootylicious video that aired on MTV. the original upload is mine... i edited out all the other stuff and just posted the Stevie part...someone keeps stealing my videos!
Well, that first video posted here is on my channel, but I didn't steal it from your channel. I bought a load of compilation DVDs from iOffer a while back and have been slowly uploading... everything on my channel is off those dvds, other dvds I've bought or stuff people have given me. If you're saying that you originally made the video, then I'll gladly take it down. I just grabbed the stuff off the dvds I bought and didn't think where they had originated from.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele_belle View Post
Well, that first video posted here is on my channel, but I didn't steal it from your channel. I bought a load of compilation DVDs from iOffer a while back and have been slowly uploading... everything on my channel is off those dvds, other dvds I've bought or stuff people have given me. If you're saying that you originally made the video, then I'll gladly take it down. I just grabbed the stuff off the dvds I bought and didn't think where they had originated from.
no you dont have to take it down...i just keep seeing my videos pop up on other peoples youtube pages. its not just that one on yours. i just assumed people were re-uploading them? i didnt know anything about a dvd from ioffer. so someone is ripping youtube videos and burning them to dvd and selling them on ioffer???? wtf?
but that is def. the video i made from a vhs tape that i filmed with my ipod, thats why the quality is so crappy.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
Wow, this takes me back to being 14 years old again. I watched that when it originally aired. I became a huge Stevie fan around this time and was so excited to see that she was going to be in a DC video. I was a fan of them as well.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Author Lindsay Hunter offers a music playlist for her short story collection]

http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/...es_lind_2.html

"Wild Heart," Stevie Nicks (this version)

"Don't blame me / blame it on my wild heart" is just the kind of thing any of the characters in this collection could holler out the window of a speeding car. Where do these impulses come from? they might wonder. From me, or are they part of my DNA, are they the motor that keeps me alive? I specified this version as opposed to the album version of the song because it is raw and unpolished, and it's clear Stevie has forgotten the lyrics in one part, and all of this means it's imperfect and totally unique, a moment in time that can never be repeated. Which is how I like to approach storytelling. Get the story out and let it be done.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a question about this video. It was filmed about sept 81. Stevie claims the Belladonna tour ended (and that she was in tears during the last song) because she had to join FM in france to start recording Mirage. But the sessions in France were done months prior to that. Plus she had the unfinished Can't Go back track to sing along to, and also was singing Love in Store. So I am assuming the Bella Donna tour was so short because she had to go back to doing overdubs? Her sense of history sure is off.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I have a question about this video. It was filmed about sept 81. Stevie claims the Belladonna tour ended (and that she was in tears during the last song) because she had to join FM in france to start recording Mirage. But the sessions in France were done months prior to that. Plus she had the unfinished Can't Go back track to sing along to, and also was singing Love in Store. So I am assuming the Bella Donna tour was so short because she had to go back to doing overdubs? Her sense of history sure is off.
I think this was filmed in NY when Stevie was doing the cover shoot for the Rolling Stone issue of her for Sept in 81 issue but I'm thinking it was done in July of 81 not sure but I'm sure it was a couple of months before it was released. I do love the RS video shoot, it makes me wish we could see all her video shoots that were filmed. Like for her LP's covers. Kinda like what we got on Crystal Visions from the Bella Donna LP. She made video's of all her solo LP recordings that I know of. Its surprising with the demos' and outtakes of songs that have gotten out that more rare video hasn't though. I do like this version but the song is in its raw state and well I do love the LP version much more. Its just wild and great.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Author Lindsay Hunter offers a music playlist for her short story collection]

http://www.largeheartedboy.com/blog/...es_lind_2.html
The version that's been linked to this blog is the cleanest I've seen. When I had an old copy of a copy of a copy of a bootleg vhs tape back in the day I always thought Stevie was backstage at a Mirage rehearsal and while she's vamping on Love In Store, Lindsey was on stage and decided to upstage her by starting to play his song. She says something like "this kills me" and I always thought that she meant he was always trying to upstage her. But now that I know the real story of this video I know none of that was true. In fact, I had forgotten all about her comments at the beginning. Then today, watching this very clear copy, I noticed that when Can't Go Back starts up she says "This is the one... that he wrote... it kills me... this is what kills me..." I'm wondering if she's talking about the lyrics (his take on how he's moved on with his life and will never go back to her). Which makes the fact that she then takes his piece of music and sings her own response all the more delicious.