The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a copy of the Norwegian national newspaper "Dagbladet", Tuesday issue. It has an articla about Jeremy's appearance at the Muddy Waters club in Oslo, and a cool pic of him performing there, but I can't scan it at the moment. I will as soon as I can get hold of as scanning machine

The interviewer says that Jeremy does not believe in any reunioin of the original FM. Jeremy said somthing like "I think we'd better let it be." I don't know what he meant by that?

Daniel
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
The interviewer says that Jeremy does not believe in any reunioin of the original FM. Jeremy said somthing like "I think we'd better let it be." I don't know what he meant by that?
Daniel
Thanks for the updated info, Daniel. Sounds like Jeremy feels that a reunuion would not be a good idea, that the legacy of the original group should be left alone. He seemed very skeptical of the idea of a reunion in the DVD interview disc that came along with the Madison Blues CD set a couple of years ago, so if anything, it sounds like his position has hardened against a reunion. So far as I've heard, Mick Fleetwood is the only one who's publicly come out in favor of a reunion.

I could see where some sort of low-key one-off performance of a few old songs might be fun for the four of them, but beyond that I really don't think that it would be in their best interests to regroup, even for a short tour or to record an album. Too many expectations, too many obligations, too much pressure - Mick might be able to handle that without any problem, and John McVie would probably go along for the ride, but it sure doesn't seem to be what Jeremy wants, and I can't imagine it would be a good thing for Peter Green's health.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just one thing I forgot to say: Jeremy also said to the media that he would be playing blues at Notodden, but no old Fleetwood Mac songs.. but after all "Madison Blues" is sort of a Mac tune.. wellwell.

About the reunion, sharkfan. Yes, I have also just seen Mick speak to the media about it. However, when that Crowded House member died recently, Peter Green spoke to Norwegian media as a good friend of the CH-member (can't remember his name). I didn't know they knew each other. Anyway, Peter seemed happy himself, claiming that he was up to something great!!

I was very busy at the time and couldn't post it here .. sorry. But I thought he was speaking in riddles about the reunion...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I read on the net, the Peter Green connected to Crowded house is apparenly not
"our" Peter Green. He ssems to be their manager or something...
Old 04-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, Dino!
Now it seems more logical to me!

Daniel
Old 05-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Here is some more about Notodden

For information in english you can read this page:

http://www.bluestownrecords.com/index_e.htm
Old 08-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi everybody!

I reaad about this on the Text TV on Noregian TV yesterday. I was going to post it today!! It is fantastic!

I would love to go and see the show, but it is a long trip, so I don't know..

At least I'll give you all information, photos etc from newspapers and other media.

Daniel
hi daniel, i looked at the cal. and was thinking that jeremy's scheduled performance was last or fri. (8/5). do you have any info?

best, zero
Old 08-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Zero and everybody else!!

Yes, Jeremy Spencer appeared at Notodden Blues Festival at Friday and Saturday! Plus he appeared at the opening of the festival on Thursday. In addition to this, Jeremy had a special appearance at the Library in Notodden, where he told his story ... why he left FM etc...

The leader of the festival said that Jeremy had been to Ireland earlier this year to meet up with Peter Green!! (Don't ask me what that means?!?) And Jeremy asked Peter if there were any good places to listen to blues music. Peter recommended Notodden in Norway, since he had been there a couple of times. So when the festival asked Jeremy, he accepted to play there!

Wait! There's more... I talked to the festival leader, and he said that Jeremy Spencer has been in the studio in Norway recording music. New dates are booked later this autumn, and they hope to release a NEW JEREMY SPENCER SOLO ALBUM!!!!!!!!

I'll be back with more info and photos soon!

Daniel
Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some photos from the promotion appearance at the Muddy Waters Club in Oslo, plus two from the rehearsals at Notodden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeremy Spencer - Muddy Waters Club, Oslo 1.jpg (24.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Jeremy Spencer - Muddy Waters Club 2.jpg (84.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Jeremy Spencer - Rehearsal 1.jpg (33.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Jeremy Spencer - Rehearsal 2.jpg (26.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

...and here are photos from Jeremy's concerts at Notodden (not sure what day(s) they are from, and one from the studio session.

Daniel
Old 08-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for those pictures; they are wonderful!! he looks great.

-Lis
Old 08-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the great photos, Daniel!

Hope that Jeremy comes through with that new album you mentioned, too. Wonder if there's any way he might have a certain guest guitarist on his album? That would be very cool!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:08 AM
chiliD
This message has been deleted by chiliD.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The leader of the festival said that Jeremy had been to Ireland earlier this year to meet up with Peter Green!! (Don't ask me what that means?!?) And Jeremy asked Peter if there were any good places to listen to blues music. Peter recommended Notodden in Norway, since he had been there a couple of times. So when the festival asked Jeremy, he accepted to play there!

Daniel
BTW-- I forgot to mention that this is an amazing little story.

-Lis
Old 08-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Thanks for the great photos, Daniel!

Hope that Jeremy comes through with that new album you mentioned, too. Wonder if there's any way he might have a certain guest guitarist on his album? That would be very cool!
daniel- thanks so very much for the pictures and all the information. that peter was somehow involved in jeremy playing in nottoden is really amazing... after all these years.

you'll have to tell us how it was that you came to speak to the festival organizer

pete in ireland. that is interesting. gary moore has been spending some time back in ireland this year and last. he's apparently making a record with irish folk influence, getting back to his non-blues roots again. i wonder if that is the irish connection?

sf2000- i like your thinking. that would be cool. why not?!

best to all, zero
Old 08-09-2005, 12:27 PM
dansven
This message has been deleted by dansven.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to you all!

The festival leader was in the studio when Jeremy was recording, and he said he was in great shape. I spoke with him via email. He described Jeremy as a very ordinary, down-to-earth person who knew exactly how he wanted things.

They have released a two track radio promo single which I got as MP3, and I can assure you that it is fantastic stuff!!

Daniel