Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2024, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They loved each other from beginning to end. Lots of trouble in the middle... but, the fact that he was there in the end makes my life complete (in a way).
I know, me too. don't make me cry. there was really only a relatively brief period of trouble in the middle but they figured out how to make things work... and figured it out quite well. who could ask for a more beautiful ending? such a gift to be with the love of your life at the end.

--Lis
Old 04-23-2024, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even at its lowest point, I doubt either would have seriously wanted to be in the band without the other. Whatever moments that ever came up like that were, at most, fleeting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2024, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Even at its lowest point, I doubt either would have seriously wanted to be in the band without the other. Whatever moments that ever came up like that were, at most, fleeting.
very true. That's why he needed his kleenex upon her return. he was so glad she was back. she was so relieved he got through his scary bout with cancer. makes a person look at things with a new appreciation.

--Lis
Old 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
very true. That's why he needed his kleenex upon her return. he was so glad she was back. she was so relieved he got through his scary bout with cancer. makes a person look at things with a new appreciation.

--Lis
It was so telling that when they announced his cancer, she was right there on tour with them in 2013. Makes me weep, too.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, of course was it worth! We saw our "favourite" lineup together again, and heard great versions of the classics from that lineup. Some of them, maybe paired or better than the originals (Dreams, Bleed To Love Her, Gypsy, YMLF, Silver Springs...)
It opened the door to the chance to "refresh" FM's history, as it was stagnant in that band with changing members and less success. Was a necessary move to show that the band was not a dinosaur's band, or maybe to show that those dinosaurs were still rocking!
Without The Dance, we would probably saw the solo careers still going, but not a new chapter of the band, and probably Say You Will would never existed. I see less possible a reunion in 2014 if 1997 didn't exist, I mean, with a big hiatus between 1995 and 2014, probably the band could lose the interest on a reunion
Old 04-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I’ll preferences by saying that I am really glad that they did tour after the dance because I really enjoyed seeing some of those live shows. But better or worse the kind of Spera of Stevie and Lindsey performing their “love affair” As a centerpiece of the stage show And some of the media promo for two decades.

Would things have been better if they just toured after the dance and then didn’t continue? Afterwards, the output from the band was just one big album and then the EP.

Probably the best outcome after the dance was the fact that Lindsey made a number of interesting, solo albums, but maybe those would’ve come out anyway. And chances are Stevie would’ve released a few albums as well over that. With or without Fleetwood Mac.

I think for those of us who who were there are in 1997, there was this thought that the reunion could yield this new period of creativity and material from the band and it kind of didn’t pan out Was there a lot of value to the fans for having the band together together touring for another 30 years?
I think in retrospect, it was period of little disappointments, one after the other. I wish Christine didn't leave, wished SYW was an album of all five and so much more. Oh Well
Old 04-28-2024, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dance created an entire new generation of fans at the time...myself included
Old 04-29-2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
The Dance created an entire new generation of fans at the time...myself included
Yea, it was pretty important for them. It revitalized the entire organization. Goats included.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There are many reasons to neg on The Dance and the large spans of group inactivity that followed, but the 1997 reconvening accomplished many things:

1--It provided a platform for Stevie Nick's second act. She earned her space front and center, looked and sounded great, and essentially introduced FM to a whole new generation of listeners. Key tracks: "Gold Dust Woman"; "Silver Springs"

2--For many, it promoted Lindsey as one fine, original guitar player. We fans did not need a reminder of this, but the general public did. Key tracks: "Big Love"; "My Little Demon"

3--It allowed Christine a graceful exit. She looked and sounded great on tour. And "Temporary One"--regardless of what some think about it--fit in perfectly with new music at the time. Key tracks: YMLF and "Temporary One." And on "Songbird," she sounds magnificent.

4. It allowed Mick and Lindsey to re-forge their bond. Those two are very much connected--the brain and the heart of the band.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There are many reasons to neg on The Dance and the large spans of group inactivity that followed, but the 1997 reconvening accomplished many things:

3--It allowed Christine a graceful exit. She looked and sounded great on tour. And "Temporary One"--regardless of what some think about it--fit in perfectly with new music at the time. Key tracks: YMLF and "Temporary One." And on "Songbird," she sounds magnificent.
I'm feeling attacked!
Old 04-29-2024, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There was so much waiting involved between '98-'03. Waiting for TISL to actually get released was like watching paint dry. There would be whispers of one time frame for release and then it would get pushed back, again and again.

Waiting to see what would become of Fleetwood Mac after The Dance was a big waiting game, followed by another waiting game as they finished Say You Will.

The single best nugget to come out of that period of waiting is hands down the acoustic performance of Gypsy at the Arizona Heart Institute. I'll argue that is perhaps the best Buckingham Nicks performance/collaboration since '82.

Actually, now that I think about it....when they recorded Without You for the EP, they should have done a studio version of that acoustic arrangement of Gypsy. It would have balanced things out and given Without You a sister track.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-29-2024 at 01:00 PM..
Old 04-29-2024, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
There was so much waiting involved between '98-'03.

Waiting to see what would become of Fleetwood Mac after The Dance was a big waiting game, followed by another waiting game as they finished Say You Will.
I still maintain Gift Of Screws should have been released as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie no later than 1999. An offshoot would have been the best way to go if the question was should this be solo or Fleetwood Mac. Then he could have started completely fresh for the Fleetwood Mac album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-29-2024, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm feeling attacked!
Temporarily so….
Old 04-29-2024, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Temporarily so….
don't you know that a blue lamp will bring us back together..
Old 04-29-2024, 04:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
What I really would've liked was that the band had done a new record in 2015 when Chris rejoined the ranks. I am still somewhat in shock that that didn't happen... it was a no-brainer. And they should've filmed something like The Dance with her return to promote said album.

At this point I really only want two more things before I kak it: 1) A remastered version of The Dance (have ya'll seen the HD vids from Warners on youTube?) and 2) for Buckingham Nicks to finally get a decent release CD/vinyl release.