User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Take out OMH and put in "Isn't It Midnight." Also, rearrange the list so it flows better.
Would love to hear "Isn't it Midnight" or "Think About Me".

I have a floor ticket to Orlando on the next leg. Going to wait and see if any set list changes coming in 2015. If not, I'll most likely sell the ticket. Even though the band seemed to be playing better than ever I simply don't feel it will be worth the trek to see the exact same show with all the exact speeches and acoustic set again. This will be a first for me since 1982 if I only see them once this tour.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post

I have a floor ticket to Orlando on the next leg. Going to wait and see if any set list changes coming in 2015. If not, I'll most likely sell the ticket. Even though the band seemed to be playing better than ever I simply don't feel it will be worth the trek to see the exact same show with all the exact speeches and acoustic set again. This will be a first for me since 1982 if I only see them once this tour.

So you saw them on the Mirage tour? That is awesome. So you got to see Hold Me live, that is awesome as well. I'm really jealous. I wish we could see the video of the full Fleetwood Mac set from the US festival.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
So you saw them on the Mirage tour? That is awesome. So you got to see Hold Me live, that is awesome as well. I'm really jealous. I wish we could see the video of the full Fleetwood Mac set from the US festival.
1 show for the Mirage tour. Had to absolutely BEG my uncle to take me. Although I can remember the stage, and the band of course, my recollection of the event now is somewhat foggy, I just remember being totally awestruck and in love with Stevie and the music in general. I wanted to go to the Tusk Tour but my parents said it was out of the question, I was only 11 years old then, they thought I was crazy liking "their" music. Ironically enough, the same uncle gladly took me to the Wildheart tour in 83? We missed Stevie's first solo tour. By the time of the Tango album I was driving all over the Northeast and beyond hitting multiple shows from there on out, FMAC and Stevie solo.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't expect them to make any changes, but if it were up to me:

I'd add 2 more Christine songs. I wouldn't replace any of her songs that are already in the set, because they are all highlights on this tour (even Over My Head-- which I didn't think was going to be a high point-- sounds great on this tour: it totally captures a sunny, laid back, 70s California mood, and really sounds like classic Mac). As for which songs I'd add, Hold Me is my first choice, plus one of the following:

Isn't It Midnight
Think About Me
Brown Eyes
Never Make Me Cry
Love In Store
Honey Hi

There are just so many Chris songs I want to hear live, and that's not even counting the pre-1975 songs. And I'd like more Tusk and Mirage representation in the set, especially her songs. Songs such as Hold Me & Think About Me highlight the vocal interaction between Chris & Lindsey, so it makes sense to include songs like these. Part of the reason I like Little Lies so much on this tour is the interaction between the 3 voices (the end of Say You Love Me has it, too)-- and I'd like to see them milking that aspect as much as possible. Oh Daddy is my absolute least favorite choice-- I'd prefer something high-energy or something that wasn't on The Dance set list.

Also: I'd replace Silver Springs with Sara. I'd either get rid of Rhiannon entirely or have it in a very different version (such as a piano version with Christine on piano). I'd like to see Blue Letter as the first encore, in place of World Turning.

I like LB's song choices, though I'd change the acoustic set somehow to put in some variety. I vote for an acoustic version of Bleed To Love Her similar to his 2012 tour version.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
OMG, completely agree! I can't stop listening to Isn't it Midnight recently and I think it would work brilliantly live. It was fantastic live back in 1987 and I think it would be a welcome addition to the setlist now.

Over My Head is one of those songs live where I just lose interest. It sounds harsh but compared to a lot of the songs in the set I feel as though it takes all of the high energy away and sticks out awkwardly.

Isn't it Midnight would be amazing!
I agree! Isn't It Midnight is strong album track contender. Yet I think it is highly unlikely that any new songs will be performed; That presumption that those songs are fleshed out is pretty far out. I assume they are still on the drawing board. It's doubtful they will make any significant changes to the set list. You have to be nuts to assume they would even consider to perform any of Stevie's new solo songs. I congratulate them for vetoing Stand Back; it isn't missed. No particular song is vital to a great show.

Dreams really should be given a rest because it's tired and overworked. Stop dragging that song around!

My wish list...it was just a wish.

Isn't it Midnight
Warm Ways
You'll Never Make Me Cry
Hold Me
Why
Crystal
That's Alright
Straight Back
Frozen Love
Fireflies
I Don't Want to Know
Can't Go Back
Walk a Thin Line
Trouble
Tango In The Night
Sad Angel

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-28-2014 at 08:04 AM..
Old 12-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Agreed. I'm so glad I was at that show and able to see that awesome performance of dreams. It gives the Dance version a run for its money.
I have come to believe that Stevie has most probably had plastic surgery to repair the hole in her nasal septum. A deviated septum (is that the right name for it - who knows) would change her vocal quality. The Crystal Visions Tour performance of Dreams on the Live in Chicago DVD was extremely nasal.

She would not have lost her intense nasal twang without surgical repair of the hole in her nose. Good on her if she did get the surgery because ****, it worked, didn't it?
Old 12-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post

Count yourself lucky that you have seen them at all! In February 2004 I think they were in Sydney, well I was 10 years old and didn't know anything about them. In late 2009 again I wasn't a fan at 16 years old.

In 2013 I had four tickets as a birthday present from Dad.

Then John had to go and get cancer, the bastard!

Now they are delaying Australia to the very end of their tour as always because we are like the poor cousin of Canada to them, like some decaying long-fawned over 51st state of the USA.

John Howard would have married your ex President George W. Bush if he wasn't so stridently anti-gay. Howard who lauded himself as such a great believer in families, who believe in middle-class welfare and cutting boat people adrift, who believed in demonising gay men and women by specifically passing amendments to put in the Marriage Act a requirement for the two consenting adults to be opposite sexes.

Howard who honestly believed that the typographical error that led Bush and him to invade Iraq instead of IraN was an excuse for that horrible flawed War on Terror that looks to have achieved a little but not much with this ISIL death cult (our PM Tony Abbott's words, not my words) flourishing in Sydney and in Cairns.

Sorry. A bit too political there.

J
Old 12-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I doubt they'll add anything new but they have to move Silver Springs. It's such a buzzkill in its current location. If it must be an encore, move it before World Turning.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I highly doubt any changes will be made to the setlist but here are my suggestions:

Add: Hold Me, Brown Eyes, Beautiful Child, Why, Monday Morning or Blue Letter,Honey Hi, Oh Well

Drop: Seven Wonders, SOTM, Big Love, Second Hand News, I'm So Afraid, Little Lies

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they add "HOLD ME" and shorten World Turning.Sorry Mick.It gets boring at times.I do enjoy Mick's solo every time.

A big FAT NO on anything new from what ever was recorded already on the new album but open for surprises.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

I do not think that it will change at all. If it does, though, it will only slightly. Here is what I would like to see:

01. The Chain
02. You Make Loving Fun
03. Dreams
04. Second Hand News
05. Rhiannon
06. Everywhere
07. I Know I'm Not Wrong
08. Think About Me
09. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Say You Love Me
12. Seven Wonders
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
15. Never Going Back Again
16. Hold Me
17. Gypsy
18. Little Lies
19. Gold Dust Woman
20. I'm So Afraid
21. Go Your Own Way

22. World Turning
23. Don't Stop
24. Silver Springs

25. Songbird

The addition of a CM Tusk song, and Hold Me would be perfect!

Old 12-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
I do not think that it will change at all. If it does, though, it will only slightly. Here is what I would like to see:

01. The Chain
02. You Make Loving Fun
03. Dreams
04. Second Hand News
05. Rhiannon
06. Everywhere
07. I Know I'm Not Wrong
08. Think About Me
09. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Say You Love Me
12. Seven Wonders
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
16. Hold Me
17. Gypsy
18. Little Lies
19. Gold Dust Woman
20. I'm So Afraid
21. Go Your Own Way

22. World Turning
23. Don't Stop
24. Silver Springs

25. Songbird

Love this!
Old 12-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

01. The Chain
02. You Make Loving Fun
03. Dreams
04. Second Hand News
05. Rhiannon
06. Everywhere
07. I Know I'm Not Wrong
08. Think About Me
09. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Say You Love Me
12. Seven Wonders
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
16. Hold Me
17. Gypsy
18. Little Lies
19. Gold Dust Woman
20. I'm So Afraid
21. Go Your Own Way

22. World Turning
23. Don't Stop
24. Silver Springs

25. Songbird

This would make a great set list and does not require massive changes...so it could still happen!

My wish though is for two or three new songs.

I would like one new song from Lindsey (even Miss Fantasy), one new song from Christine (preferably Too Far Gone from the 2014 studio sessions) and either Angel from Stevie or a song from 24 Karat Gold - maybe Twisted or The Dealer.

By the way, if the band drops this huge hit; then we will have confirmation that they have all gone senile!

Last edited by secret love; 12-23-2014 at 05:20 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

01. The Chain
02. You Make Loving Fun
03. Dreams
04. Second Hand News
05. Rhiannon
06. Everywhere
07. I Know I'm Not Wrong
08. Think About Me
09. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Say You Love Me
12. Seven Wonders
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
16. Hold Me
17. Gypsy
18. Little Lies
19. Gold Dust Woman
20. I'm So Afraid
21. Go Your Own Way

22. World Turning
23. Don't Stop
24. Silver Springs

25. Songbird

Well done! You made slight and very feasible changes that make the set quite engaging for a second leg. With adjustments, I'm sure fans would be more than willing to attend a second go-around....otherwise I just don't see why you'd want to see the same exact show more than once (with no spontaneity at all). What annoys me is that Lindsey and Stevie haven't really shaken up their songs, when they have many to choose from.

Taking out Sisters of the Moon makes sense. I'd replace it with BEAUTIFUL CHILD over Sara...right now as she is singing, I think Beautiful Child is Stevie's best live song from Tusk. Rhiannon and Silver Springs also make sense...Rhiannon because it needs a rest (more than Dreams...see the Pittsburgh video on page 1 if you disagree), and Silver Springs because it's been in every tour since The Dance. Of course this is much less likely to happen than Sisters of the Moon, but could provide room for I DON'T WANT TO KNOW, the ever apt FIREFLIES, ANGEL, and/or CRYSTAL as an encore. That would be so welcome! And we're still getting Dreams, Gold Dust, Landslide, and Gypsy (the ACOUSTIC version would make my day).

Lindsey not doing many of his Tusk songs live, I just don't get it. It's his baby, the album. Why not do WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONE as an uptempo song rather than I Know I'm Not Wrong or Not That Funny for every tour. THE LEDGE is so unique, it's like punk country. And WALK A THIN LINE is nice for a slow song. A medley could work, but experimentation and re-arranging take effort. Personally, I think a Say You Will song would be great for Second Hand News or Never Going Back Again. And BLUE LETTER would be a fantastic encore. Move Don't Stop to after So Afraid to be able to add a song at the end and make for greater highs at the end of the concert.

Obviously we want to hear everything from Christine. It's a win-win. Whether the set changes or whether it doesn't. She's killing it either way, and Over My Head sounds fantastic, especially the mini jam at the end; it's just not in the right place in the set. I'd love THINK ABOUT ME and HOLD ME because they feature all three voices together...and that's why LITTLE LIES is such a hit this tour. HONEY HI would be amazing in the acoustic section, another harmony song that would put all three singers front and center. I don't know why they don't really understand that this = concert showstopper. I love ISN'T IT MIDNIGHT as many others do too...if Christine wants a rocker substitution it would be perfect. Of course, WHY needs to return, but it deserves a better showcase that could really make the song resonate.

And this isn't even touching on bringing back an incredible Bob Welch or Peter Green song for old time's sake. There is an abundance of resources, one of the greatest back catalogues of any band. With all eras together it's Beatles/Stones caliber. It'll be disappointing if there's not one tweak or two.

Last edited by bethelblues; 12-23-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Old 12-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

See? Everyone wants Hold Me.