User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk View Post
The biggest missed opportunity IMO is the live set. While the tracks they've included are great stuff, I wish the band had done a one-off show on the recent tour dedicated to this project. A live performance of the entire album by the current crew would have allowed a look at how the songs have evolved over time in live performance - a critical piece of this puzzle, IMO.
Great idea! Yet on the massive tour they just completed, they were lock-step with their set list; the Tusk deluxe was not on the agenda. Not only would have taken a lot of prep work to pull off. They had little to do with the project anyway. I'm aware some artists have done that- performed an album in it's entirety and and released it as a novelty. It's feasible concept in itself.

I'm glad the Tusk deluxe was focused only on that particular period of time. The assembled live discs fit the bill. That's enough for me! The entire box is a bit redundant as it is.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk View Post
The biggest missed opportunity IMO is the live set. While the tracks they've included are great stuff, I wish the band had done a one-off show on the recent tour dedicated to this project. A live performance of the entire album by the current crew would have allowed a look at how the songs have evolved over time in live performance - a critical piece of this puzzle, IMO.
Great idea! Bad timing.

They were lock-step with their set list on their world tour; The Tusk deluxe project was of no concern. Even if it was, it would have taken a lot of prep work to pull off. They had little to do with the project anyway. I'm aware some artists have done it - performed an album in it's entirety and and released it as a novelty. It's feasible concept unto itself, but not within this particular re-release.

I'm glad the Tusk deluxe was solely focused on that particular period of time. The assembled live discs fit the bill. That's enough for me! The entire box is a bit redundant as it is.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-10-2015 at 01:39 AM..
Old 12-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Great idea! Bad timing.

They were lock-step with their set list on their world tour; The Tusk deluxe project was of no concern. Even if it was, it would have taken a lot of prep work to pull off. They had little to do with the project anyway. I'm aware some artists have done it - performed an album in it's entirety and and released it as a novelty. It's feasible concept unto itself, but not within this particular re-release.

I'm glad the Tusk deluxe was solely focused on that particular period of time. The assembled live discs fit the bill. That's enough for me! The entire box is a bit redundant as it is.
I think it would have been neat if they did a few shows where they did the entire album, but it really isn't that feasible given the album's length of 75 mins (which would be longer live). The Zombies currently play new material and the entire Odessey & Oracle album at shows, but the reason they can pull that off is that O&O is just 35 mins in length, so they have plenty of room for new material. Tusk is simply too long for this idea to be reasonable unless the group spent months rehearsing all of the songs and didn't play overly long versions of the classics (Sara, Sisters, Tusk) like they currently do live. That's a lot to ask of a band that loves to over-extend and meander through live versions of many of their songs.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This version of "The Chain" from 1980 KICKS AS*........I've fallen in love with this song again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpbbbjw19yE
Old 12-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
The Zombies currently play new material and the entire Odessey & Oracle album at shows, but the reason they can pull that off is that O&O is just 35 mins in length, so they have plenty of room for new material.
I'm a big fan of the Zombies! The Odessey & Oracle album is sort of their "Rumours" album in terms of status.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://instagram.com/p/_LCkRzn6j5/

Does anyone have this photo? Love it.