Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mck: FM finishing new album, SN likely not involved

i think this needs a separate discussion thread since it's buried in the MBB and Mirage interview threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Well, in the Spokesman Review article, Mick makes it sound like this band has FINALLY made the decision to put the album out without Stevie. I hope they will stick to that plan and he's not just bluffing.]

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...love-of-blues/

“John and Christine and Lindsay, the four of us, are going to be finishing up some great music we’ve been working at,” Fleetwood said. “The music is really vibrant and really cool, and it’s Fleetwood Mac, basically.”

The only drawback: Stevie Nicks, who’s currently on a solo tour with the Pretenders, likely won’t be involved.

“Unlike anyone else in the band, she really does have a complete career on her own, you know?” Fleetwood said. “She doesn’t want to spend time in the studio, and she’s doing her own thing. You wish for something else, but that’s not fair after 30, 40 years of doing what we do. Everyone’s got to do what they feel they need at this point.

“But never say never. Down the road, we’re in a good position that we could add her songs and integrate her into some of the music we’ve been working on for four years. So that’s the state of Fleetwood Mac Nation.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ungrateful goat.

Edit - although I will say, as long as they release it, I'm good. Actually, if it means more duets with LB and Chris, I'm actually grateful she's ungrateful!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 09-24-2016 at 11:50 AM..
Old 09-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ungrateful goat.

Edit - although I will say, as long as they release it, I'm good. Actually, if it means more duets with LB and Chris, I'm actually grateful she's ungrateful!
Homer, I agree with you that Mick Fleetwood is an ungrateful goat. Stevie released 24 Karat and then went on that long tour with FM and only now is touring to promote her album. He should wait a few more months and once Stevie's done with her tour, she'll have time to record with the band.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Homer, I agree with you that Mick Fleetwood is an ungrateful goat. Stevie released 24 Karat and then went on that long tour with FM and only now is touring to promote her album. He should wait a few more months and once Stevie's done with her tour, she'll have time to record with the band.
Let's be clear. The reason she hasn't contributed is not because she hasn't had time it's because she doesn't want to. She recorded her solo album at the very same time the band was recording new music. She made that choice knowing she wouldn't be able to promote it. She has time and time again opted not to record with the band. So it's not a matter of her schedule opening up. She has to have a change of heart first.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think what may have started this whole mess is the band starting work without Stevie. She didn't like it when they did it in 1987, and she doesn't like it now. At least back then they had an excuse: She was in rehab. This time? I bet she felt left out/pissed when she heard that Christine and Lindsey were hanging out, making music without her. The idea that she's "not a musician" and doesn't need to be involved at the outset of an album recording is an old, old sore spot for her. At this point, I wish they'd had the foresight to get together to say, "OK, we're all five back now. How can we collectively make a record in a way that works for everyone?"

In the meantime, I fear Mick making statements like this to the press is only making the situation worse.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh well.Its looks like another boring album that I wont rush out and get it on the day it goes on sale .Plus it will sit like Time and others that I dont play often..

Only kidding............................................................................

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I think what may have started this whole mess is the band starting work without Stevie. She didn't like it when they did it in 1987, and she doesn't like it now. At least back then they had an excuse: She was in rehab. This time? I bet she felt left out/pissed when she heard that Christine and Lindsey were hanging out, making music without her. The idea that she's "not a musician" and doesn't need to be involved at the outset of an album recording is an old, old sore spot for her. At this point, I wish they'd had the foresight to get together to say, "OK, we're all five back now. How can we collectively make a record in a way that works for everyone?"
that ship has sailed back in 2008-2009. when they were 4. the first time they asked her and Stevie refused to work on new FM album. so they went on the first of their greatest hits tours.

then again in 2010-2011.
then again in 2012.
then again in 2014.

they asked. every time she said no. they tried several different ways. she said no. i think the only time they started working without her was 2012. all other times they asked and wanted to start together with her. looks pretty obvious that every single time she said no.

so them finally getting her message seems pretty sensible, no?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post

In the meantime, I fear Mick making statements like this to the press is only making the situation worse.
Well she was cool with it in 2002. And it's not like she wasn't invited.

I honestly don't care what Stevie thinks of Mick's comments. I could take or leave her at this point and would without reservation want a new album over waiting for her involvement.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Let's be clear. The reason she hasn't contributed is not because she hasn't had time it's because she doesn't want to. She recorded her solo album at the very same time the band was recording new music. She made that choice knowing she wouldn't be able to promote it. She has time and time again opted not to record with the band. So it's not a matter of her schedule opening up. She has to have a change of heart first.
exactly.

i'm completely baffled how people still don't get that.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be strange if the Mac plays the new tunes live on the next tour.I guess Stevie would just stand there and do nothing or go back stage since she was no part of it or she will put her 2 cents in and sing the ooohs and aaaahs to just make it look good.I would feel out of place if it was me.In another thing.Mick could be just doing this to set fire under her a$$ to wake her up and join them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Actually, SHE RECORDED HER SOLO ALBUM BECAUSE, UNDER HER CONTACT WITH REPRISE RECORDS, SHE STILL OWED THE LABEL ONE MORE ALBUM. Record companies will give DUE DATES for albums to be completed. Warner/Reprise knew they would be releasing Stevie from her contract with the label right after she delivered the final album owed to them--24 Karat Gold. To be clear, recording her solo album had less to do with distracting Fleetwood Mac than it did fulfilling a contractual obligation to Warner/Reprise Records.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a b....
Old 09-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Actually, SHE RECORDED HER SOLO ALBUM BECAUSE, UNDER HER CONTACT WITH REPRISE RECORDS, SHE STILL OWED THE LABEL ONE MORE ALBUM. Record companies will give DUE DATES for albums to be completed. Warner/Reprise knew they would be releasing Stevie from her contract with the label right after she delivered the final album owed to them--24 Karat Gold. To be clear, recording her solo album had less to do with distracting Fleetwood Mac than it did fulfilling a contractual obligation to Warner/Reprise Records.
^^^ THANK YOU!!! This is it, exactly!

And this is just my opinion, but I also believe that Stevie's non committal attitude regarding a new Fleetwood Mac album has a lot to do with her playing the cards in negotiating for a new solo contract with Warner Brothers, allowing her to continue to release her own projects with them and staying on a major label. I'm willing to bet that Warner Brothers aren't too keen on giving a "green light" to release a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie on it. Mick knows this. The rest of the band know it, and Stevie knows it. I'm thinking that, while Stevie's ego won't allow for a FM album to be released without her on it (as someone else mentioned) she will also try to convince Warner Brothers that the only way she will participate in a new Mac album will be if they give her another solo contract. I think it's all a negotiation tactic at this point.

I also believe that if that doesn't work, Christine will step in with an ultimatum and light a fire under Stevie to "get with the program". If she can't get a new solo contract with Warners or another major label, then Fleetwood Mac will be the ONLY link to releasing her music to the music buying public for the rest of her career. Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting turn of events!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
What do you know about the due dates in her contract? She said she did it because she had free time. Why would the record company give her a due date on a album when it could not be promoted? What would be their incentive to put out a certain failure? Her previous album came out 10 years after the one before it. And that one 7 years after the before it. There didn't seem to be due dates on those but she had a tight window n which she had to release a new album and only 3 years after he previous album? You realize none of that makes sense, right?

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 09-25-2016 at 08:09 AM..
Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Works for me.

THE Stephen Hopkins