Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
What is wrong with...

1. Stevie finishes her short tour

2. Everyone breaks for a couple months for the holidays

3. They work on the new CD for 3 months, Feb through April, (is it really that hard to do a CD in 3 months? lots of other artists do, and they have a lot of it already done)

4. Tour starts in Fall or Winter 2017.

??

Kevin

(I"m sure ya'll are going to post thousands of reasons why this won't work. )
no. just one reason: Stevie does not want to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What is wrong with...

3. They work on the new CD for 3 months, Feb through April, (is it really that hard to do a CD in 3 months? lots of other artists do, and they have a lot of it already done)

??

Kevin

I think that's exactly what's going to happen.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she doesn't participate in some of the songs as is, and hasn't on the last few tours. wouldn't be that unusual.
As far as I can recall, the only songs Stevie hasn't sung anything on in the last few tours have been Big Love and Songbird. On the former maybe Lindsey would want to have his moment (and anyway, I don't think Stevie's contributions really worked when she sang on it at the RRHOF induction); on the latter, there would be nothing for her to add.

Oh yeah, and Oh Well and Go Insane in 2009, Come in 2003/4 Maybe there have been others since 1997? Not so many, really.

Hmm.. Not that Funny from 2013. She could have enhanced that one a bit.

OK, more than I thought, then. Still, it's not like when she used to disappear off the stage for YMLF in 1990, which wasn't great, but given her state of health at the time may have been excusable.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 09-24-2016 at 06:52 PM..
Old 09-24-2016, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so relieved the band has decided to move forward! First Christine says she's returning to LA to continue workin on the record in October and now Mick confirms they will go ahead with the project with or without Stevie.

If Stevie wants in later on, cool--as long as it doesn't hold up the project until after the 2017 tour!

I am thrilled they've decided to call the project Fleetwood Mac. They did in in 2003 without Christine, they can do it in 2016 without Stevie. I'd love all four but am actually most interested in Christine's songs anyway.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
OK, more than I thought, then. Still, it's not like when she used to disappear off the stage for YMLF in 1990, which wasn't great, but given her state of health at the time may have been excusable.
If not altogether preferable.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand people. Does a rock have to hit you in the head before you realize that Stevie is not going to be on the next Fleetwood album? And guess what, it's not Christine's or Lindsey's fault. Stevie doesn't want to do it.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't understand people. Does a rock have to hit you in the head before you realize that Stevie is not going to be on the next Fleetwood album? And guess what, it's not Christine's or Lindsey's fault. Stevie doesn't want to do it.
I am guessing you are under 14?
What do you want to bet?
She will be there. She has played this game before every album since Mirage.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What do you want to bet?
Run Forest - Run!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What do you want to bet?
Well I am 54 and have been a fan since years before Mirage..She has never had zero participation in the making of a new Fleetwood Mac album over 2 and a half years after it's inception. If someone can cite a case otherwise I will stand corrected but I don't think that will be happening.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
easy! tours make money. albums don't.

I agree on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Money $$$$
Maybe they should cover the tune "Money".............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Until there is a new FM album finished and in the Stores without Stevie on it I wouldn't believe a word of what comes out of Mick's mouth.

Same old FM drama...
Yes .Where is his reality show.Also what the press prints out these days.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Let's be clear. The reason she hasn't contributed is not because she hasn't had time it's because she doesn't want to. She recorded her solo album at the very same time the band was recording new music. She made that choice knowing she wouldn't be able to promote it. She has time and time again opted not to record with the band. So it's not a matter of her schedule opening up. She has to have a change of heart first.
Actually, SHE RECORDED HER SOLO ALBUM BECAUSE, UNDER HER CONTACT WITH REPRISE RECORDS, SHE STILL OWED THE LABEL ONE MORE ALBUM. Record companies will give DUE DATES for albums to be completed. Warner/Reprise knew they would be releasing Stevie from her contract with the label right after she delivered the final album owed to them--24 Karat Gold. To be clear, recording her solo album had less to do with distracting Fleetwood Mac than it did fulfilling a contractual obligation to Warner/Reprise Records.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a b....
Old 09-24-2016, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What is wrong with...

??

Kevin

This is exactly how the scenario will play out. People can say that STEVIE DOESN'T WANT TO RECORD WITH FLEETWOOD MAC ALL THEY WANT, and that may be the case. However, those the subscribe to the point of view obviously don't know the EGO of the High Priestess. EVEN IF Stevie truly doesn't want to record with Mac, her EGO and INNATE NEED TO BE ON THE STAGE would NEVER let her sit out an entire album and tour. Especially since she only has to phone in 3 songs and show up at the studio for about 4 weeks. WHAT STEVIE DOES NOT WANT IS TO SPEND 9-12 MONTHS HOLED UP IN A STUDIO WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM. It has nothing to do with Chris, John and Mick. This is about the fact the Stevie cannot stand working with Lindsey in the studio as a record producer. She's fine walking onstage with him every night on tour, where the contact is limited to acting for a crowd. Moreover, Stevie can talk all she wants about not recording with Mac, BUT when push comes to shove, she'll send them 3 songs and show up for 4 weeks at the end of the sessions. Case closed.

Last edited by WatchChain; 09-24-2016 at 10:53 PM..
Old 09-24-2016, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Actually, SHE RECORDED HER SOLO ALBUM BECAUSE, UNDER HER CONTACT WITH REPRISE RECORDS, SHE STILL OWED THE LABEL ONE MORE ALBUM. Record companies will give DUE DATES for albums to be completed. Warner/Reprise knew they would be releasing Stevie from her contract with the label right after she delivered the final album owed to them--24 Karat Gold. To be clear, recording her solo album had less to do with distracting Fleetwood Mac than it did fulfilling a contractual obligation to Warner/Reprise Records.
^^^ THANK YOU!!! This is it, exactly!

And this is just my opinion, but I also believe that Stevie's non committal attitude regarding a new Fleetwood Mac album has a lot to do with her playing the cards in negotiating for a new solo contract with Warner Brothers, allowing her to continue to release her own projects with them and staying on a major label. I'm willing to bet that Warner Brothers aren't too keen on giving a "green light" to release a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie on it. Mick knows this. The rest of the band know it, and Stevie knows it. I'm thinking that, while Stevie's ego won't allow for a FM album to be released without her on it (as someone else mentioned) she will also try to convince Warner Brothers that the only way she will participate in a new Mac album will be if they give her another solo contract. I think it's all a negotiation tactic at this point.

I also believe that if that doesn't work, Christine will step in with an ultimatum and light a fire under Stevie to "get with the program". If she can't get a new solo contract with Warners or another major label, then Fleetwood Mac will be the ONLY link to releasing her music to the music buying public for the rest of her career. Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting turn of events!
Old 09-24-2016, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
This is exactly how the scenario will play out. People can say that STEVIE DOESN'T WANT TO RECORD WITH FLEETWOOD MAC ALL THEY WANT, and that may be the case. However, those the subscribe to the point of view obviously don't know the EGO of the High Priestess. EVEN IF Stevie truly doesn't want to record with Mac, her EGO and INNATE NEED TO BE ON THE STAGE would NEVER let her sit out an entire album and tour. Especially since she only has to phone in 3 songs and show up at the studio for about 4 weeks. WHAT STEVIE DOES NOT WANT IS TO SPEND 9-12 MONTHS HOLED UP IN A STUDIO WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM. It has nothing to do with Chris, John and Mick. This is about the fact the Stevie cannot stand working with Lindsey in the studio as a record producer. She's fine walking onstage with him every night on tour, where the contact is limited to acting for a crowd. Moreover, Stevie can talk all she wants about not recording with Mac, BUT when push comes to shove, she'll send them 3 songs and show up for 4 weeks at the end of the sessions. Case closed.
Got a point there.No offense to Stevie and Lindsey and the Mac.. This reminds me about couple jobs I had.Got to go to work with some idiots and a poor management team.You get along with them or you dont and move on like I did.If its the bickering on how things should be done in the studio which I think its the issue here. .Let her do it her way and let Lindsey do it his way for the last time..They got to chill out and get it over with.At this day in age .Who needs it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016