User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Really? It read to me like they're ready, willing, and expecting to release it without Stevie. They're finishing up what they've been working on over the past few years, which will take a while. Because they have more work to do, there's still time for Stevie to send them some songs, hence they're not ruling her participation out, but I don't think they're expecting anything from her. It sounds to me like they're resigned to the fact she won't be participating on the album, but are also resolved to release new music before the next tour anyway.
i hope you are right!

while i read the rest of it in Mick's quote, i don't see him saying anything about actually RELEASING that album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Let's be clear. The reason she hasn't contributed is not because she hasn't had time it's because she doesn't want to. She recorded her solo album at the very same time the band was recording new music. She made that choice knowing she wouldn't be able to promote it. She has time and time again opted not to record with the band. So it's not a matter of her schedule opening up. She has to have a change of heart first.
exactly.

i'm completely baffled how people still don't get that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be strange if the Mac plays the new tunes live on the next tour.I guess Stevie would just stand there and do nothing or go back stage since she was no part of it or she will put her 2 cents in and sing the ooohs and aaaahs to just make it look good.I would feel out of place if it was me.In another thing.Mick could be just doing this to set fire under her a$$ to wake her up and join them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
It would be strange if the Mac plays the new tunes live on the next tour.I guess Stevie would just stand there and do nothing or go back stage since she was no part of it or she will put her 2 cents in and sing the ooohs and aaaahs to just make it look good.I would feel out of place if it was me.In another thing.Mick could be just doing this to set fire under her a$$ to wake her up and join them.
she doesn't participate in some of the songs as is, and hasn't on the last few tours. wouldn't be that unusual.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she doesn't participate in some of the songs as is, and hasn't on the last few tours. wouldn't be that unusual.
Yes .At this point .I think shes done with them as more stuff comes out like this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Everyone is overreacting. Mick also used another interview a few months back to get Stevie's attention. Once her tour is over she will be tripping over herself to be included in the final Fleetwood Mac album. 100% guaranteed. Stevie has always, always played these games. Remember in 1983 when she said her involvement in any future Mac album depends on how nice everyone is. This is nothing new and if you ever followed the band this is normal. I would expect nothing more from Stevie. Let her enjoy her short tour and I know Christine will get her to join them in the studio. How in the world would Stevie sign on the dotted line for a huge world tour with the Mac in 2017 but want nothing to do with the album.
C'mon guys. We are smarter than this.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
don't burst our bubble, let us have at least a day to enjoy the chance of this album being incredible and actually coming out before the tour!

Old 09-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How in the world would Stevie sign on the dotted line for a huge world tour with the Mac in 2017 but want nothing to do with the album.
easy! tours make money. albums don't.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't burst our bubble, let us have at least a day to enjoy the chance of this album being incredible and actually coming out before the tour!
Money $$$$
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Everyone is overreacting. Mick also used another interview a few months back to get Stevie's attention. Once her tour is over she will be tripping over herself to be included in the final Fleetwood Mac album. 100% guaranteed. Stevie has always, always played these games. Remember in 1983 when she said her involvement in any future Mac album depends on how nice everyone is. This is nothing new and if you ever followed the band this is normal. I would expect nothing more from Stevie. Let her enjoy her short tour and I know Christine will get her to join them in the studio. How in the world would Stevie sign on the dotted line for a huge world tour with the Mac in 2017 but want nothing to do with the album.
I totally agree...he said they were moving forward without her, but at the end of the article, he leaves the door open....so political.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly..... This the same stuff that always goes on before a MAC release. It's the same BS just a different year. No new album under the Fleetwood Mac without Stevie.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Until there is a new FM album finished and in the Stores without Stevie on it I wouldn't believe a word of what comes out of Mick's mouth.

Same old FM drama...
Old 09-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

To me, this is no different from that Playboy interview Mick did several years back when he proclaimed that Fleetwood Mac was dead because Stevie refused to tour. It's interesting how the rest of the band in both situations laid all the groundwork for forward momentum, yet Stevie is the focus of both stories. I think in the end, Stevie just needs the validation of the rest of the band. She wants to be begged, and for the buck to stop with her. Then she can credit herself with FM's forward motion, like she always does. Maybe this is her way of getting the band to take her seriously since she doesn't play any instruments or produce. Whatever the case, I suspect she will come around in the end and do her part. It'll just have to be solely on her terms.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is wrong with...

1. Stevie finishes her short tour

2. Everyone breaks for a couple months for the holidays

3. They work on the new CD for 3 months, Feb through April, (is it really that hard to do a CD in 3 months? lots of other artists do, and they have a lot of it already done)

4. Tour starts in Fall or Winter 2017.

??

Kevin

(I"m sure ya'll are going to post thousands of reasons why this won't work. )
Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To me, this is no different from that Playboy interview Mick did several years back when he proclaimed that Fleetwood Mac was dead because Stevie refused to tour. It's interesting how the rest of the band in both situations laid all the groundwork for forward momentum, yet Stevie is the focus of both stories. I think in the end, Stevie just needs the validation of the rest of the band. She wants to be begged, and for the buck to stop with her. Then she can credit herself with FM's forward motion, like she always does. Maybe this is her way of getting the band to take her seriously since she doesn't play any instruments or produce. Whatever the case, I suspect she will come around in the end and do her part. It'll just have to be solely on her terms.
that would not be the way for your coworkers to take you more seriously. however that's the way to sell yourself to public as more important than you really are. which probably just makes your coworkers respect you even less.

what's different this time around are new statements from both Stevie and Christine that can be read that way - FM will stay all 5 for the next tour, the band is not breaking up even though just 4 are working on new album.

i'm cautiously optimistic!