User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Let's just hope all the upcoming solo shows are half filled and she realizes she needs Fleetwood Mac.
exactly what i'm worried about. she should stick with solo through the 2017/18 Mac world tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly what i'm worried about. she should stick with solo through the 2017/18 Mac world tour.
Fmac sold out 6 LA shows... in hours the tickets were gone..

plus they did shows in Anaheim... all sold out... resales going for over 10K

Stevie has tons of seats left at the 1 Forum show.. plus, the resales will get released..

let's hope more people buy them and she quits FM
Old 09-27-2016, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie has tons of seats left at the 1 Forum show.. plus, the resales will get released..

I love you.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
It wasn't supposed to have any new songs on it. They were songs from "the vault". All old songs that never made it to FM or her solo records. That was the theme of the record.
But why did she need to do that? If she was such a prolific songwriter, surely she would have an abundance of songs available to work from and mix with "songs from the vault" as she normally does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Tell that to Tom Petty!

The 2 Tom Petty inspired songs that we know about from the TISL sessions were written in 1995 - 6 years before the album was released. They were already old. Also, the best songs on the album were vault songs, with the exception of "Fall From Grace".
Old 09-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fmac sold out 6 LA shows... in hours the tickets were gone..

plus they did shows in Anaheim... all sold out... resales going for over 10K

How do you know this? Do you work for Ticketmaster? I mean, I don't think that sales have been particularly brisk, but at the same time I have no idea how many seats are left. I hope to God that Fleetwood Mac just goes ahead and finishes this album without her and tours without her. The quicker they announce they will indeed do this the quicker people will stop bickering and Stevie bashing on this board. Also, the name-calling....I mean, is that necessary? Are you that angry?
As far as playing smaller venues go, I think Christine is hoping for that. But I don't know who makes the decisions on how big the venues are that they play. I would imagine if the four of them do tour, venues like the Forum will be booked.

Jamie
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A question to all the little spoiled brats that believe that anyone in this world owes them anything and that are having little hissy fits and behaving like children because they aren't getting their own way and what they want and it isn't coming fast enough:

Just please, just answer this question.

Why was it ok for Lindsey to take a 10-year break from FM, and a planned 2 - 3 year break from FM after Say You Will to do his solo albums and tour, and it was ok for CM to take 16 years away to do whatever she wanted, but it's not ok for Stevie?

WHY????

Is it timing? Is it just because Christine's current mood swing is that she decided she wants to be in the band again, so the entitled brats on this list believe everyone should drop everything and go work on her bland, trite, nothing-to-say songs?
Old 09-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and about how "old" her songs are. Why does it matter when they were written? And who's to say she doesn't have new material? Unless you live with her and you have access to look through her personal writings, I'm not sure how anyone can say that.

Jamie
Old 09-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
A question to all the little spoiled brats that believe that anyone in this world owes them anything and that are having little hissy fits and behaving like children because they aren't getting their own way and what they want and it isn't coming fast enough:

Why was it ok for Lindsey to take a 10-year break from FM, and a planned 2 - 3 year break from FM after Say You Will to do his solo albums and tour, and it was ok for CM to take 16 years away to do whatever she wanted, but it's not ok for Stevie?

WHY????

Is it timing? Is it just because Christine's current mood swing is that she decided she wants to be in the band again, so the entitled brats on this list believe everyone should drop everything and go work on her bland, trite, nothing-to-say songs?
Because Chris finally came back, and it's ALL of them.

And HELLO, they're getting OLD. One of them is going to die. Then it's gonna be too late!

We want this before it's too late!!!!

Now do you get it???
Old 09-27-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
How do you know this? Do you work for Ticketmaster? I mean, I don't think that sales have been particularly brisk, but at the same time I have no idea how many seats are left. I hope to God that Fleetwood Mac just goes ahead and finishes this album without her and tours without her. The quicker they announce they will indeed do this the quicker people will stop bickering and Stevie bashing on this board. Also, the name-calling....I mean, is that necessary? Are you that angry?
As far as playing smaller venues go, I think Christine is hoping for that. But I don't know who makes the decisions on how big the venues are that they play. I would imagine if the four of them do tour, venues like the Forum will be booked.

Jamie
Wow lot's of questions. I went online and looked at the seats for both FMac (at the time in 2014 for their numerous shows) and Stevie's show. Was curious to see how many seats were left at this point compared to the FMac shows back in 2014-2015. With Fmac there weren't any. It sold so fast I was panicking about paying such high dollars for bad seats. I do know someone at a ticket agency and was able to get decent seats for 3 of the shows and it was costly but didn't break me. Stevie's prices are pretty reasonable for the amount of seats she has left for only one show. But there's whole sections with lots of seats. That's good news for people that still want to go. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pretenders, they are a decent band and I like her voice.

I'm not angry at all, I'm so happy that FMac would finally get the guts to do an album and tour without Stevie. I don't think I've called her any names. Although I think her voice is so nasal that I won't miss that aspect of her singing. She sounds very throaty to my ears. I do get frustrated with her making everything about herself; however, I'm not mad about her tour. Especially if it gives the other four members time to work without her and a chance to see more art vs. her bloviating and pretension. Not angry about it at all. Excited as hell.

Seems like you're angry or frustrated though. Keep in mind, it's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. We don't have to all like or appreciate the same things. I'm actually in the minority as there are tons of Stevie fans. I'm just not afraid to voice my opinion.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-27-2016 at 10:03 AM..
Old 09-27-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post

WHY????

Haha! Love this post. So bitter. I think the spoiled brats know that when the Queen returns everyone falls in line!!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
One of them is going to die.
I have a sinking feeling that may happen
Old 09-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow lot's of questions. I went online and looked at the seats for both FMac (at the time in 2014 for their numerous shows) and Stevie's show. Was curious to see how many seats were left at this point compared to the FMac shows back in 2014-2015. With Fmac there weren't any. It sold so fast I was panicking about paying such high dollars for bad seats. I do know someone at a ticket agency and was able to get decent seats for 3 of the shows and it was costly but didn't break me. Stevie's prices are pretty reasonable for the amount of seats she has left for only one show. But there's whole sections with lots of seats. That's good news for people that still want to go. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pretenders, they are a decent band and I like her voice.

I'm not angry at all, I'm so happy that FMac would finally get the guts to do an album and tour without Stevie. I don't think I've called her any names. Although I think her voice is so nasal that I won't miss that aspect of her singing. She sounds very throaty to my ears. I do get frustrated with her making everything about herself; however, I'm not mad about her tour. Especially if it gives the other four members time to work without her and a chance to see more art vs. her bloviating and pretension. Not angry about it at all. Excited as hell.

Seems like you're angry or frustrated though. Keep in mind, it's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. We don't have to all like or appreciate the same things. I'm actually in the minority as there are tons of Stevie fans. I'm just not afraid to voice my opinion.
I only get angry when people are just downright mean, regardless of their opinion. I was directing that part of my post to those who ARE calling her names and are angry. The first part of my post, about the ticket sales, was directed toward you.

Glad you're happy.

Jamie
Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I only get angry when people are just downright mean, regardless of their opinion. I was directing that part of my post to those who ARE calling her names and are angry. The first part of my post, about the ticket sales, was directed toward you.

Glad you're happy.

Jamie
Well, you might be happy.. Check out San Diego tickets. There might be some good seats at reasonable prices.. I love going down to San Diego for shows. Usually better prices and I love the city. Saw Steve Winwood in San Diego.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, you might be happy.. Check out San Diego tickets. There might be some good seats at reasonable prices.. I love going down to San Diego for shows. Usually better prices and I love the city. Saw Steve Winwood in San Diego.
Thanks for the info. I will check out that broker if I have to. I don't have tickets yet so I may need to do that. Unfortunately Steve is not playing in San Diego though. Closest venue for me would be Los Angeles Forum. But I did see she just added a Vegas show. Those tickets are pricey, $275 is the top-tier Ticketmaster price. What happened to back in the day when Vegas was the cheap place to go see concerts, LOL?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will check out that broker if I have to. I don't have tickets yet so I may need to do that. Unfortunately Steve is not playing in San Diego though. Closest venue for me would be Los Angeles Forum. But I did see she just added a Vegas show. Those tickets are pricey, $275 is the top-tier Ticketmaster price. What happened to back in the day when Vegas was the cheap place to go see concerts, LOL?
Vegas and LA are pricey because of celebs.. You can wait.. if the shows don't sell a lot of tickets they get released and a flood of good seats sometimes show up last min.

It's a gamble, but it has been known to pay off.