User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Photo from Dragonfly video?

On the sadly neglected unofficial Danny Kirwan website, there is this photo:

with the caption stating it's from the Dragonfly promo video. Since Dragonfly was released as single in April '71, a couple of months after Jeremy's departure, when was this filmed?? Dragonfly was only recorded AFAIK in December 1970, so might the film have been done then, and the single release delayed when Jeremy quit? Any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this video?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet

with the caption stating it's from the Dragonfly promo video. Since Dragonfly was released as single in April '71, a couple of months after Jeremy's departure, when was this filmed?? Dragonfly was only recorded AFAIK in December 1970, so might the film have been done then, and the single release delayed when Jeremy quit? Any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this video?
The video for Dragonfly is kind of hazy, surreal, hard to really make out clear faces etc, but I don't believe jeremy is in it. I didn't think jeremy was on that song at all. Not sure what they were doing in that photo you posted, just a performance somewhere, probably quite soon after Chris had joined. but I don't think it has anything to do w/ dragonfly....? JMHO.

-Lis
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen bits of the Dragonfly video...

anyone have it to post?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got it off Kazaa. It's been there alot lately.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here it is. I haven't watched it in so long.

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...43K5TZDUCMCAKV
Old 02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's so wierd that you asked this......I was also getting ready to ask where these photos are from. They're not from the "Dragonfly" video, as Bob Welch is in that one. But the photo you posted and others from that same session are surely from some TV appearance - but which one? And why don't we have the video from it?

And while we're at it, what appearance are the attached photos from? And why don't we have the video from that one??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greeny36.jpg (33.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg greeny37.jpg (31.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
That's so wierd that you asked this......I was also getting ready to ask where these photos are from. They're not from the "Dragonfly" video, as Bob Welch is in that one. But the photo you posted and others from that same session are surely from some TV appearance - but which one? And why don't we have the video from it?

And while we're at it, what appearance are the attached photos from? And why don't we have the video from that one??

Could these have been from Mick Fleetwood's Going Home DVD?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Here it is. I haven't watched it in so long.

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...43K5TZDUCMCAKV
Thanks much!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I believe this photo is from their BBC performance. I have a MOJO magazine from around the time when In The Meantime was released. There is a similar photo & the caption says it's from the BBC. Here are some more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f06055a.jpg (38.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg f06056a.jpg (27.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg f06057a.jpg (18.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
what appearance are the attached photos from? And why don't we have the video from that one??
Regarding those PG era thumbnails you posted, like gldstwmn said they were in the GH doc, but originally I think they're from a BBC show, I think the thumbnails are from them performing "Oh well". Pieces of this performance has shown up in many docs like the late 80's British TV ones (FM@21, SOFM, etc.) & I'm sure this is the same show where they performed "Like crying" & "Linda" (& those full performances of course are on the "Early years" DVD). Hope this helps, and here's hoping we get this FULL OW performance on a DVD someday as the parts I have seen/heard of it are killer!

John
Old 02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I believe this photo is from their BBC performance. I have a MOJO magazine from around the time when In The Meantime was released. There is a similar photo & the caption says it's from the BBC. Here are some more pictures.
This is the only thing that makes any sense to me - they did record Dragonfly on 5 January 1971 for the BBC, along with a few other songs, for broadcast on the radio. But maybe it was filmed as well? Interestingly, when it came to the radio broadcast on 23 January, Dragonfly was not included and didn't get broadcast till late 27 March - so that might suggest that since it was meant to be a single, it was treated differently, filmed and set aside as a promo video

The other video of Dragonfly that is posted here from Beat Club, the German TV show - this was filmed quite a bit later as Bob Welch is in that, as Sharksfan said. I would hazard a guess at around May-June '71. All the chroming effects on that don't help... That's the latest piece of film I've ever found of the band with Danny.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
Regarding those PG era thumbnails you posted, like gldstwmn said they were in the GH doc, but originally I think they're from a BBC show, I think the thumbnails are from them performing "Oh well". Pieces of this performance has shown up in many docs like the late 80's British TV ones (FM@21, SOFM, etc.) & I'm sure this is the same show where they performed "Like crying" & "Linda" (& those full performances of course are on the "Early years" DVD). Hope this helps, and here's hoping we get this FULL OW performance on a DVD someday as the parts I have seen/heard of it are killer!

John
I'm not sure this is the same show. The Like Crying / Linda / Oh Well show that I have is from a TV show with Alan Price, and Peter isn't wearing the "full robes" like he is the thumbnails. And the background is slightly different. Also I've never seen Danny sitting down during "Oh Well". I think this show dates from Nov-Dec '69 as Peter says that "Linda" had just been released as a single (it came out in November).

The thumbnails look slightly later to me, maybe Green Manalishi-era? Never seen that show though, I don't think.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
I'm not sure this is the same show. The Like Crying / Linda / Oh Well show that I have is from a TV show with Alan Price, and Peter isn't wearing the "full robes" like he is the thumbnails. And the background is slightly different. Also I've never seen Danny sitting down during "Oh Well". I think this show dates from Nov-Dec '69 as Peter says that "Linda" had just been released as a single (it came out in November).

The thumbnails look slightly later to me, maybe Green Manalishi-era? Never seen that show though, I don't think.
Oh OK, sounds fair enough, thanks.

John
Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood

John
I'm not sure I've seen those short clips from this "Oh Well" performance....maybe I've seen them and just forgotten about it. I figured they must have been playing "Oh Well" since Peter has his Dobro. And I'll have to take another look at the "Early Years", but I think bretonbanquet is correct about "Like Crying" & "Linda" being from a different performance.

In general, I'm so disappointed that there aren't more videos in existence of the early band. There are so many video clips I see from other late '60s bands, and it seems like Fleetwood Mac were popular enough that there would have been more film of them than just the few clips that have been released on "Early Years" and the small handful of other sources. Seeing these photos that look like they're from filmed performances we may never see is very frustrating! We need someone to dig through the BBC vaults and find more!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do have film of Like Crying / Linda / Oh Well Pt 1 all in a row with no breaks. Really annoyingly I can't find my video of "The Early Years" but wasn't the "Oh Well" that's on there from a different show? If so, doesn't anyone else have this version of "Oh Well" ? Forgive me if I'm just being a bit slow