The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

hehehe! That's appears to be a very bloated Don Henley my dear. Yikes! Maybe he's singing "Life in the Fat Lane".

Ok, sorry Don, you've hard a hard life. Chasing drugged-up 14-yr olds, smoking pot, snorting cocaine, popping 'ludes (http://www.nndb.com/people/080/000023011/) ...though your worst sin is probably the fact that you haven't recorded anything of merit for like 20 years. At least our hero LB is still putting out great music and doesn't look like Rush Limbaugh!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Who are those people?
That's not the real Fleetwood Mac! It's that pesky kid Billy and his homies. After their gig went nowhere they started passing themselves off as The Doors and when that didn't pan out they went back to their day jobs. When they were trying to come up with a name for their next project, inspiration hit Billy.

"Hmmm, okay, maybe not doors. What other household portal would sound cool?"

The rest is history...

Old 03-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
Haha good lord, When was this taken?

That pic was taken at the yearly Fleetwood Mac Halloween party. And it was in one of the tour book's in the late 80's. I cant remember which one right now.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok I'll bite.

Personally I love Stevie's hair these days so much more with the curls.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
hehehe! That's appears to be a very bloated Don Henley my dear. Yikes! Maybe he's singing "Life in the Fat Lane".

Ok, sorry Don, you've hard a hard life. Chasing drugged-up 14-yr olds, smoking pot, snorting cocaine, popping 'ludes (http://www.nndb.com/people/080/000023011/) ...though your worst sin is probably the fact that you haven't recorded anything of merit for like 20 years. At least our hero LB is still putting out great music and doesn't look like Rush Limbaugh!
Henley never chased druged up 14 yr. olds....I never heard that! I like Don Henley, I think he's got a beautiful voice. Yes he did take drugs back then, but hell it was the 70's and every rock star or bands did stupid things back then. Even Stevie. Stevie was a bigger coke-head than Henley was. Henley and the Eagles did more pot than anything, Stevie did coke. Henley hasn't had a hard life, I think in the end he turned out pretty good. He's a wonderful husband and father, a great humanitarian, and an outstanding environmentalist, a hard working guy and an outstanding songwriter. Sorry, but I like Henley. He's influenced me in as many ways as Stevie has through the music and supporting great causes and opening your eyes to so many things in life that life is beautiful and to also be careful what you wish for. I understand now what he ment when he said that.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
Henley never chased druged up 14 yr. olds....I never heard that! I like Don Henley, I think he's got a beautiful voice. Yes he did take drugs back then, but hell it was the 70's and every rock star or bands did stupid things back then. Even Stevie. Stevie was a bigger coke-head than Henley was. Henley and the Eagles did more pot than anything, Stevie did coke. Henley hasn't had a hard life, I think in the end he turned out pretty good. He's a wonderful husband and father, a great humanitarian, and an outstanding environmentalist, a hard working guy and an outstanding songwriter. Sorry, but I like Henley. He's influenced me in as many ways as Stevie has through the music and supporting great causes and opening your eyes to so many things in life that life is beautiful and to also be careful what you wish for. I understand now what he ment when he said that.
I really can't say I know as much about Don Henley, I was just making a random mean comment on how unrecognizable Don seemed to be getting. Plus, I was making fun of Nico since she asked for it!.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Who are those people?
Since no one has managed to figure it out yet...

And here's a photo for the day...

Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Since no one has managed to figure it out yet...

Danny Kirwan should be so lucky to be the richest man in the world!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought the guy on the left at the bottom looked awfully a lot like Bill Gates.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
Ok now, for the record, I do like Don Henley. Not anywhere near as much as LB, but I do like him. My 1st album was The Eagles "Desperado". My Mom loved Don Henley (& my Mom was the coolest! ).

I just felt like making a mean comment about Don. And I wanted to poke fun at that Nico girl (she can be so silly sometimes!). The story about him corrupting a minor....well, sorry, that's true.

# November 21 - The Eagles' Don Henley is arrested when cocaine, Quaaludes, and marijuana were found in his hotel room after a nude 16-year-old prostitute had drug-related seizures. Henley is also subsequently charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_in_music

I guess I was wrong about the 14 yr old ...she was apparently a mature 16 yr old. What I think is interesting is comparing Don w/Lindsey. They are about the same age, have both fronted enormously successful bands, both slept with Stevie (not at the same time I hope!) both did boatloads of drugs and both are still performing.

The big difference for me is; Don stopped making really good music after his first couple solo albums, and even those were really spotty. The latest Eagles offering was horrendously bad. I could not even get my through the Hell Freezes Over CD. I do believe he's an ardent environmentalist, and I was grateful when I went to Walden Pond a few years ago that it was still there for me to go to (thanks Don!)

That being said...Lindsey continued to make spectacular music after leaving FM, contributed amazing songs to the FM ATM-machine, looks great and performs with the zeal of a young Pete Townshend!

I think that is what sets Lindsey apart from his peers. He is not content to merely hash-out (sorry, no pun intended!) 25-yr old songs to a well-heeled, graying audience. He proved that on his solo tours. Lindsey performed his new songs with the same energy & enthusiasm he had years ago, re-worked some of the old ones in interesting ways, and made himself very available to his fans at intimate venues with reasonable ticket prices.

Don, what do you have to say for yourself? Yeah, that's what I thought. Just keep on singing "Take it Easy" while your fans throw $100 bills at you. I'll take Lindsey any day...and if I feel inclined to throw some of my $100 bills to see FM.... with LB there I can rest assured that I will get my money's worth.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Ok now, for the record, I do like Don Henley. Not anywhere near as much as LB, but I do like him. My 1st album was The Eagles "Desperado". My Mom loved Don Henley (& my Mom was the coolest! ).

I just felt like making a mean comment about Don. And I wanted to poke fun at that Nico girl (she can be so silly sometimes!). The story about him corrupting a minor....well, sorry, that's true.

# November 21 - The Eagles' Don Henley is arrested when cocaine, Quaaludes, and marijuana were found in his hotel room after a nude 16-year-old prostitute had drug-related seizures. Henley is also subsequently charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_in_music

I guess I was wrong about the 14 yr old ...she was apparently a mature 16 yr old. What I think is interesting is comparing Don w/Lindsey. They are about the same age, have both fronted enormously successful bands, both slept with Stevie (not at the same time I hope!) both did boatloads of drugs and both are still performing.

The big difference for me is; Don stopped making really good music after his first couple solo albums, and even those were really spotty. The latest Eagles offering was horrendously bad. I could not even get my through the Hell Freezes Over CD. I do believe he's an ardent environmentalist, and I was grateful when I went to Walden Pond a few years ago that it was still there for me to go to (thanks Don!)

That being said...Lindsey continued to make spectacular music after leaving FM, contributed amazing songs to the FM ATM-machine, looks great and performs with the zeal of a young Pete Townshend!

I think that is what sets Lindsey apart from his peers. He is not content to merely hash-out (sorry, no pun intended!) 25-yr old songs to a well-heeled, graying audience. He proved that on his solo tours. Lindsey performed his new songs with the same energy & enthusiasm he had years ago, re-worked some of the old ones in interesting ways, and made himself very available to his fans at intimate venues with reasonable ticket prices.

Don, what do you have to say for yourself? Yeah, that's what I thought. Just keep on singing "Take it Easy" while your fans throw $100 bills at you. I'll take Lindsey any day...and if I feel inclined to throw some of my $100 bills to see FM.... with LB there I can rest assured that I will get my money's worth.
Well, I'm not that big of a Don Henley fan but he does have a very nice voice, I will say that. And I do enjoy some Eagles' tunes now and again. My dad was into them and I recall hearing their songs on repeat as a child.

But honestly I couldn't recognize him in that picture. He looks very different to me. I don't care about his dalliances or his personal life because, frankly, he isn't that interesting to me, but...has he had plastic surgery or maybe I just need to go back and look at some old pics. I can't even remember how he used to look.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

"Uh oh!"
"Huh?"
"You've got Stevie Kooties now!"

Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Uh oh!"
"Huh?"
"You've got Stevie Kooties now!"

OMG, ILY! Thanks for this! I'd never seen it before! Someday we'll find some more Petty Nicks pix and vids! Oh, and audio too!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Introducing America's Hottest Plumber's Assistant Over 50!

And more Discretely Sleazy Black Corset action!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
"Pull my finger!"
SUPER GREAT PIC THANKS FOR SHARING....