HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCAMORRISFIFT!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
16 tomorrow!
Happy Birthday.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Macfanforever,
That's so cool to find vinyl like that.
I've been really considering getting
a new turntable. There's so much new
vinyl being released from artist I really
like, such as Jack White, Shelby Lynne
and Melody Gardot.

But besides the "room" situation, of
which I'm running out of. There's the
cost involved. The cheapest decent
turntable Stereophile recommends is
a Music Hall USB-1 ($250.00). Then
there's the obligatory record vacuum
system. It can be an $$$ hobby.
Yes I agree.I still got look for my needles.I know I pack them away somewhere.Or buy a USB turntable.I don't know how those Ion turntables are and sound like but I'll look up Music Hall USB-1 as you mentioned .I would love to hear Stevie's IYD on vinyl.

The party that owned them took care of them.They are not scratched to crap like the ones at the fleamarket that I find.

I was thumbing through some tonight I found some 12" singles in the collection.I have to see what I got.

They can frisbee these CD's anyday and bring back vinyl.

OOh .CD's don't fly good.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 05-28-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Happy Birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCAMORRISFIFT!
THANKS GUYS! XOXO

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw a fox once in the woods in the 1970's. A fox ran across the road in front of me last week. Tonight a baby fox ran across the road in front of me.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tweeted Dave Stewart to say he should bring Stevie on his UK tour and he replied saying, great but i'm not her manager. LOL. It was only an idea Dave ole chum.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I hope it's for some Stevie time.

Yes having a goal is very important.

sadly its not for Stevie time...my friends and i rented a house in Maine for a week =)

yes it is...and I'm still only down 15 pounds...but working on it =P

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I am down to 225lbs from 265lbs one year ago - so all my clothes are now way too baggy, but thats fine since EVERYONE in this area are into baggy clothes, so I blend in (for once) without trying.
Awesome job! Keep up the good work!!
Its nice to blend in without trying =P

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That Blue Man Group was AWESOME!!! I would totally see it again!
I worked for a few hours Sunday...then my boss let me home early because it was deader than dead! I had yesterday off and I laid outside and got a sunburn(yay...not)...I forgot to put sunblock on....but whatever itll turn into a tan LOL i also have today off....Just doing some cleaning...Ashley's sister graduates high school saturday so we're getting the house super clean for company after.

Eh thats pretty much it

OH yea i got my belly button pierced lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am very disturbed by the face-eating story out of Florida. I can't stop thinking about it.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I am very disturbed by the face-eating story out of Florida. I can't stop thinking about it.
I have to admit that it sounds like something straight out of Dexter. Very chilling. I read that there is a theory that this guy was high on bath salts. I mean, who actually takes baths anymore? I can't believe they still sell that stuff (for its intended purpose). I suppose it's just like VCR tape head cleaner, which is still being sold. I mean, it's because there are so many people out there still watching VHS videotapes, right? Wink wink, nudge nudge...
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I have to admit that it sounds like something straight out of Dexter. Very chilling. I read that there is a theory that this guy was high on bath salts. I mean, who actually takes baths anymore? I can't believe they still sell that stuff (for its intended purpose). I suppose it's just like VCR tape head cleaner, which is still being sold. I mean, it's because there are so many people out there still watching VHS videotapes, right? Wink wink, nudge nudge...
Well, the thing with "bath salts" is that they're not actually salts that you put in bath water.

The drug referred to as bath salts is usually one or a combination of some synthetic not-yet illegal substances (mephedrone, MDPV, and methylone) that looks like rock salt, and has to be crushed and snorted.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/f...s-drug-dangers

Apparently, some of the side effects are feeling like your organs are burning - super-human strength - and the loss of reason and logic. Gee, sounds fun. These three things would explain why the guy was naked, took multiple shots to kill, and was eating someones face.

I can't help but say that while some people will try anything to get a high, I do feel in my heart that if some drugs like marijuana were legal, there would be less interest in ever-stranger and more dangerous types of drugs - but that's an alltogether different subject.

All the 'bath-salt' stuff aside, this story is unsettling to say the least and immediately made me think of The Walking Dead and the fact that the CDC has a zombie-plague-outbreak plan. I've looked at hospital photos of the victim which I now regret, and frankly, if that were me I'd beg the medical staff to kill me.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Funny story, but a true one...

Been having issues with a certain psycho ex-girlfriend, well Monday morning we were communicating via phone/text and she (once again) tried to convince me that her husband/ex husband (I don't even know if they're legally divorced or not) was behind the original contacting of me (Her story is that he pretended to be someone informing me of her facebook profile)

Now logic to me would dictate that her story is a bunch of pure unbridled bull! But she kept on saying she had proof, and that he had been harassing her and bad talking me, as if I truly could care (I don't care to be honest). But c'mon, I am NOT a believer of such a far-fetched story.

She said her proof is facebook messages to her, but she cannot 'forward' them to me so I can view them and make my own decision on this whole stupid mess. I asked her again for her proof...again and again, never received it (Because I am sure there's no proof AT ALL!)

While talking to me, I decided I had enough of her delusional lies and crap, so I thought to add a couple of things into the conversation just to see if she would take them and run with them (In other words incorporate the things into her lies) - Such as a situation that happened here when she was living with me (An earthquake caused my waterbed to badly vibrate one night - 5.5 on the Richter Scale) and a "random" female name (I picked the name "Tammy" out of air for no real reason at all - all apologies to anyone named "Tammy", lol!).

After I added the situation and random female name to the conversation she said the name of the female was the same name as the person her husband/ex-husband has been living with and that she told him about the earthquake/waterbed situation! BUSTED! Abso-tively BUSTED!

I even informed her that I made the name "Tammy" up and added the earthquake/waterbed situation just to prove that if given a suggestion she would add those suggestions to her 'stories'! She cannot be truthful to me so I cannot be trusting to her anymore, so she has been FLUSHED along with all the other crap she said/did.

Told people that I am a nice person UNTIL you f**k with me enough and I grow tired...LOL! She reminds of some idiots I traded music with, those who claim to own "rarities" that others don't...but they don't own a damn thing minus a delusional thought in their heads.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 05-30-2012 at 02:56 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Well, the thing with "bath salts" is that they're not actually salts that you put in bath water.

The drug referred to as bath salts is usually one or a combination of some synthetic not-yet illegal substances (mephedrone, MDPV, and methylone) that looks like rock salt, and has to be crushed and snorted.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/f...s-drug-dangers

Apparently, some of the side effects are feeling like your organs are burning - super-human strength - and the loss of reason and logic. Gee, sounds fun. These three things would explain why the guy was naked, took multiple shots to kill, and was eating someones face.

I can't help but say that while some people will try anything to get a high, I do feel in my heart that if some drugs like marijuana were legal, there would be less interest in ever-stranger and more dangerous types of drugs - but that's an alltogether different subject.

All the 'bath-salt' stuff aside, this story is unsettling to say the least and immediately made me think of The Walking Dead and the fact that the CDC has a zombie-plague-outbreak plan. I've looked at hospital photos of the victim which I now regret, and frankly, if that were me I'd beg the medical staff to kill me.
They aren't used in baths, but they are marketed as such- that was my point.

I also tend to disagree that legalizing marijuana will somehow mitigate the emergence of alternative psychoactive pharmacological agents. That's just like saying that, well, alcohol is legal; why bother ingesting anything else? People will always chase after the next great high- whether it's smoking doobies or skydiving off a cliff. It seems that now that people are armed with a great deal of information via a few clicks of a mouse, people have become empowered to discover the homology of different classes of chemicals and have become armchair discovery scientists when it comes to trying to get high. It's a shame that this kind of drive and ingenuity is not being channeled towards more productive endeavors!