The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With the "Rhiannon " songs IMO it will be an all or nothing situation and it is starting to look more like nothing .Would have really loved Forest of the Black Roses in particular but am still very excited about the album.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
With the "Rhiannon " songs IMO it will be an all or nothing situation and it is starting to look more like nothing .Would have really loved Forest of the Black Roses in particular but am still very excited about the album.
No Rhiannon songs is a colossal disappointment for me. But maybe I am the only one.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I am waiting for the "not happy unless they are unhappy" ledgies to post the following crap...

1. I don't like Dave's finger prints all over the "sound" on this album. blah blah
2. These are not as good as the originals. I wont/refuse to listen to them!
3. This album cost too much! waaaaaaaaah.
4. I hate the name and cover of this album. Her 80s albums and names were SO much better
5. Stevie is SO photoshopped. she is SO old now. not as hot as she used to be.
6. I would rather NOT have a new album and just listen to her OLD albums when she sounded better.
7. she should have worked with Producer "fill in the blank". He would have done a better job with her music
8. Nothing is good or happy ever. I hate my life! waaaaaaaaaah
9. This album only sold X copies. It is a failure. It should never have been released. She doesnt sell like she used to. It only hit Number 5!
10. I hate everything! I am going to sit here in my double wide with my 15 cats while i am eternally single and morbidly obese and sad and eat frosting out of the container with a wooden spoon while I watch The Rosebud bootleg and wish for the "good old days"!!!

Did I leave anything out?
i just peed my pants !
Old 07-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I am waiting for the "not happy unless they are unhappy" ledgies to post the following crap...

1. I don't like Dave's finger prints all over the "sound" on this album. blah blah
4. I hate the name and cover of this album. Her 80s albums and names were SO much better
6. I would rather NOT have a new album and just listen to her OLD albums when she sounded better.
7. she should have worked with Producer "fill in the blank". He would have done a better job with her music
9. This album only sold X copies. It is a failure. It should never have been released. She doesnt sell like she used to. It only hit Number 5!
10. I hate everything! I am going to sit here in my double wide with my 15 cats while i am eternally single and morbidly obese and sad and eat frosting out of the container with a wooden spoon while I watch The Rosebud bootleg and wish for the "good old days"!!!

Brilliant! This just made my day!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Um, I think you got them all.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You covered possibly all the bases, but perhaps one more:

11. She didn't pick my favorite demo songs, wah wah wah. That song sucks, she should have recorded this song. I'm so upset I'm never coming out of my trailer home!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-25-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
No Rhiannon songs is a colossal disappointment for me. But maybe I am the only one.
I don't really see her agreeing to put just one on the album and with the known tracks filling up at this point it does not seem there will be room for them..unless she combines them in a 3 part 8 or 9 minute suite which is probably way too"proggy" for her long established style...This is all speculation of course .

Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
You covered possibly all the bases, but perhaps one more:

11. She didn't pick my favorite demo songs, wah wah wah. That song sucks, she should have recorded this song. I'm so upset I'm never coming out of my trailer home!
Oh dear.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The recent posts cracked me up. I'm brand new to the "fandom" and still absolutely drama free but I could imagine everything.

I am so excited for this album!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am really curious about the album cover. Trouble in Shangri La was one of the best album covers of all time by any artist and the Wild Heart was great. I really liked Crystal Visions, Timespace and In Your Dreams album covers too.

The only album covers I don't really care for are Street Angel and Bella Donna. I think they both look cheap. Maybe she will come up with something very creative this time.

Last edited by Jondalar; 07-26-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping the album cover looks amazing, it's either gonna look really arty and cool or just dreadful.

The only album covers by Stevie I don' like though are Street Angel, and that bloody bubble on IYD.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't mind Dave's production fingers. But I do mind his face. I expect to see a lot of his mug in that 48 page booklet. Less horse, more Dave? I'm trying to tell myself it's an even trade.

Michele
Old 07-31-2014, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rondstadt was Awesome!!

Love the tribute, there is only one Linda, and every song was great!!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I am really curious about the album cover. Trouble in Shangri La was one of the best album covers of all time by any artist and the Wild Heart was great. I really liked Crystal Visions, Timespace and In Your Dreams album covers too.

The only album covers I don't really care for are Street Angel and Bella Donna. I think they both look cheap. Maybe she will come up with something very creative this time.
Me too! My dream is a beautiful, full length shot of Stevie in white or red...anything but black, with some super cool graphics. Very simple but effective...similiar to the Bella Donna cover, even though you don't care for it. It's one of my favs.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Me too! My dream is a beautiful, full length shot of Stevie in white or red...anything but black, with some super cool graphics. Very simple but effective...similiar to the Bella Donna cover, even though you don't care for it. It's one of my favs.
With all the old polaroids and stuff, I wonder if it'll be an Exile on Main Street type cover, with several photos collaged together. Speaking of which, how cool would it be if Dave Stewart worked out a duet with Stevie & Mick Jagger (who he also produces)? I can dream, right?