Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Atlanta Reviews, Pictures and Videos

Tonight was great! So if you read some of my other posts I've been freaking out over not having tickets yet, but I took a chance and waited till we got to the venue. Walked right up to the box office and got 2 2nd row aisle seats!!
Could not believe it! I've had front row several times but never gone to a show without tickets in hand.
We had one small problem though, my friend that was coming to the show that is a member of The Ledge, Storms 2-Stephanie never showed. I had bought her a 3rd row seat and she was going to pay me back and she never showed. I'm worried and pissed because I might be out of $171 if she doesn't ever get back to me. But anyways.....
The show was great!! We stood at the stage on Lindsey's side the entire night. High fives from Lindsey all night, I got a little Stevie love at the end. Sort of, I think she was telling me to be quiet during Mick's farewell speech.
Everyone was on point tonight. Lindsey ran the show for sure and Stevie was very playful. And I might add her voice was dead on.
One thing I am glad I did for this tour is not read many reviews or watch any videos. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear Go Insane in its original form. Oh Well was amazing. I really enjoyed rocking out to that one.
Gold Dust Woman was great and Stevie wailed on it as well as Stand Back. I loved how towards the end the band stopped and she counted them back in. Very cool!
Sara was heavenly.
Silver Springs was perfect. Stevie really gave her all.
I'm So Afraid was its usual orgasmic self.
And the song I was most looking forward to...Storms was everything I thought it would be. Gorgeous, heartbreaking, nostalgic, touching....
Overall, the night was magical and I'm so glad my boyfriend Larry went with me. He saw Stevie in Holmdel on the Street Angel tour and then saw FM but when Dave Mason and Bekka were with him. So I'm glad he got to see the magic between these four people.
Thank you Mick, John, Stevie and Lindsey for another unforgetable night.
Brittany
Oh and I've got video and pictures I will post tomorrow.

"I always return here..."
Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to see you had a BLAST!!
Cant wait to see your pics and videos!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just going to post a little bit before bed, because I'm tired.

I have to say, this was the best Fleetwood Mac concert I've been to - I've been to 6, now 7..and this was the best. I've read all the reviews, seen all the pics, watched the Youtube videos. I've even complained of Stevie's lack of energy, yadayada...but when you're at the show, it's not evident at all..atleast not tonight in Atlanta!

* Sure her face shows some age and tiredness, but LaNicks was rockin! I must say the highlight of the entire show was Gold Dust Woman..she went for EVERY note, and they lasted a long time..."she's a dragggggggggonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!" "put your kingdom up for sallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!" It was all so great, and in the end of the song when she puts her cape up she was doing this really cool move, like she would go lower and lower as the drums would fade, it was truly awesome..she was really into it.
* Stand Back was also great. She had a lot of energy, the twirls were great..She changed up the lyrics and sang "she said take it all!!!!" I loved that little change.
* The crowd was really into the show. The floor pretty much stood and danced the entire night. At first I was a little worried about the capacity, because there was a lot of empty seats..but as the band took the stage everyone filed in, and it ended up being about 90% full (they did curtain off the nosebleed nosebleed small 400 level section). We had a very good group near us, we all decided before the show to stand and dance, and that was good. People were banging their tambourines (yes, I was a sucker! I bought the $40 tambourine with FMac on it, however I didn't "play" it during the show. I will leave that to Stevie Nicks!)
* "Storms" seemed exceptionally good tonight. Hard to say what exactly made it so good, but Stevie did seem to put a lot of passion into it.
* Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to a woman named Betty tonight. If I remember correctly she's done this at previous Atlanta shows as well. Stevie and Lindsey were VERY playful during Landslide. They kept making these gestures in the end, like they were looking up in the snow covered hills..and they both did the same gesture, it seemed pretty random - I don't know if they've done this at other shows, they were both getting a kick out of it though.
* One thing I noticed during Stevie's "Gypsy" story was she called "the bed on the floor" - "OUR bed" and pointed to Lindsey..lol I thought that was funny!
* During "Dreams" Stevie did the high notes on "what you hAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!" It was probably the best "Dreams" I've ever soon. And usually I'm tired of Dreams. People seemed pretty impressed with her vocals on this first Stevie-number of the night!
* I think "Say You Love Me" sounds great live. The Youtube videos just don't do it justice. Stevie seems to enjoy playing it too. She smiled a lot!
* Philips Arena security were truly CAMERA NAZIS. They even printed out all these fliers and passed them out, noting all their rules on cameras. Even cell phone cameras. I still saw a lot of people sneaking photos though, so hopefully we'll get some pics from the show!
* "Rhiannon" was actually really cool tonight. Stevie really went for the "Wellllll I don't think you do!!!!" part. She also gave us some high notes on the "will you take me with you to the SKYYYY...DREAM ON...TRY HARD.." parts.
* Of course I loved "Go Insane" It's really fun the way they are doing it on this tour, and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it.
* I saw Mick's assistant outside of the arena while we were in line. I recognized him from the MyMickTV videos. He's got ALL KINDS of gear on. Radios, cords, and everything else under the sun hanging from his belt. I'm assuming he was out there because of the AllAccess people.
* Mick introduced Lindsey as "the one who never gets to leave the stage."
* In the end, Stevie said "HOTLANTAAAAAAAAAAAA!" We thought that was cute, lol.
* Overall, I would say it was an exceptional show. The flow is really nice, there are no dull moments. Stevie seemed to be pretty energetic, and she smiled a good bit. Yeah she closes her eyes a lot, you can tell the spotlight bothers her eyes. But she truly seemed to be enjoying herself. Lindsey was his usual manic self, and really impressed the crowd. He got a HUGE standing ovation from the entire arena after "Big Love" and some other songs. Stevie's tambourine playing was pretty cool tonight, she was rockin out. Her voice was in top form. She really paid a lot of attention to the way she sounded, and went for a lot of the notes. It was also great to hear John and Mick in such fine form. The rhythm section really stands out on this tour with their more scaled back sound. Fleetwood Mac was in fine form tonight.They all really seemed to enjoy themselves..
Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad they scaled the band down too and just played. That was the only thing I didnt like about SYW was all the extra help.
Mick and John really did shine tonight. Everyone looked like they were having a ball. If I had to pick this show was better than SYW.
There was a moment I that I thought was cute. It was between Mick and Stevie. After Tusk Stevie went up to the kit and kind of made a rolling movements with her hands as if to say to Mick that he was behind and he stood up and "put his dukes up".

Last edited by TwistedGypsy; 04-28-2009 at 11:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first ever Fleetwood Mac show and they DID NOT disappoint!! Nothing can touch this experience. I've watched the videos, read the reviews and still I was not prepared for the ultimate awesomeness that happened tonight.

Leathargic Stevie is to me now simply a figment of others' wild imaginations. She was ON FIRE tonight!! I was so thrilled!!

Lindsey Buckingham - guitar god - words do not express.

I felt like there was little "friendly" competition going on between the two all night -and for a while it certainly did feel like the "Buckingham Nicks" Show instead of "Fleetwood Mac', but by the end it all came together.

Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to - yes - Betty Witherspoon, "Reese's mom who is just as beautiful".

Stevie and Lindsey shared enough looks and smiles and gestures to appease me and I thought both seemed to be having a blast.

After the show, I enjoyed becoming part of the "entourage" as the limos took them out to Dekalb to fly out. LOL. I couldn't resist, it was the icing on my very expensive piece of cake.

If you haven't seen this show, please do yourself a favor and go. It's amazing. They are amazing. From some of the reviews I've read I've begun to wonder if they did need to hang it up. Not so. They prove why they are one of the greatest rock bands ever.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Twisted Gypsy,

LOL, don't tell me that Stevie gave you her famous death stare.

Since I'd been reading posts from people who were getting their tickets tonight (including Gazz who came all the way from Australia), I was wondering what you would find at the box office. Second row is amazing and 2 seats at that! You must have been so thrilled.

That's great about Mick and Stevie teasing each other. I was watching Springsteen on with Jon Stewart and he said when you're still playing with people you've known for 40 years, it's either great or the worst nightmare of your life. I'm glad that there's still a lot of "great" moments between the FM members.

Shangrilatrouble,

I had to laugh when you described how Stevie said "our bed." Next thing you know she's going to be drawing us pictures. I want to see their gestures during Landslide too. These guys will be ready for synchronized swimming any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
My first ever Fleetwood Mac show and they DID NOT disappoint!! Nothing can touch this experience. I've watched the videos, read the reviews and still I was not prepared for the ultimate awesomeness that happened tonight.

Leathargic Stevie is to me now simply a figment of others' wild imaginations. She was ON FIRE tonight!! I was so thrilled!!

Lindsey Buckingham - guitar god - words do not express.
Sounds like the show far surpassed your expectations. Watch, when we get the media reviews, they'll be saying that Stevie was asleep, etc. Sometimes I think these critics are doing the Emperor Has No Clothes in reverse: The king is there in all his regalia, robes and crown, but they declare he's stark naked, just to be chic.

Quote:
Stevie and Lindsey shared enough looks and smiles and gestures to appease me
Any exchanges stand out for you? What was your favorite?

Michele
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Sounds like the show far surpassed your expectations. Watch, when we get the media reviews, they'll be saying that Stevie was asleep, etc. Sometimes I think these critics are doing the Emperor Has No Clothes in reverse: The king is there in all his regalia, robes and crown, but they declare he's stark naked, just to be chic.

Any exchanges stand out for you? What was your favorite?

Michele

Ha! Right on, Michele about the reviews. Hopefully, that won't be the case here. If so, I will think they weren't paying attention!

The SnL interaction - just small little glances and grins here and there and especially from the beginning of the show. Stevie was all smiles tonights and seemed to really be putting more energy into her performance. I thought it was hilarious when she pointed at Lindsey when she was pointedly mentioned "our bed" and then declared "Gypsy" was about going back to the "Gypsy that WE were." Cute. Lindsey seemed to mouth the words to a lot of the songs too. On "Gyspy" he almost seemed to get a sad expression - and Stevie changed it up a bit - it's on youtube. Great song. Oh, I remember being surprised when LB looked and pointed at her during MM, right off the bat. He sang the "Monday morning you look so fine" line to her and she gave one of those "you're silly" grins to him. "Landslide" was cute, Stevie put her hands over her eyes to look at him and he did it back to her, making all kinds of funny motions and movements making her laugh and she did the the hands over the eyes thing again. Just cute. I'll write a full review later.

Oh, one thing I noticed - Lindsey was getting drawn out ovations and at one point - I'll remember what song when I look at the set list - but it was early on - John seemed to be pretty miffed about the grandstanding - he and Stevie were looking at each other and John made a motion with his hand towards her like - 'WTH'?

I was in the center section - 6th row - and I swear I think Betty Witherspoon was in front of me. If not, it was someone Stevie knew I would put money on it...
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
So if you read some of my other posts I've been freaking out over not having tickets yet, but I took a chance and waited till we got to the venue. Walked right up to the box office and got 2 2nd row aisle seats!!
That gives me a great hope of getting a better seat at the box office, tomorrow at Dallas!! Lucky you and glad you had a great time!!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you all for telling us that it was a great concert!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me feel sooo happy!!!!! I was really sad when I read that Columbus review...but now I know that the guy who wrote it HAD COMPLEATLY WRONG!!!!! Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks will always rock!!!!! I don't think that they'll stop!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlanta Pictures and Videos

http://picasaweb.google.com/brit2816...eat=directlink

Click on the link and you can see my pictures. They are not as good as they used to be, I should have never sold my first digital camera I ever had. It was the best one. Plus I don't use the flash anymore. I'm also working on uploading the videos to youtube.
Brit

Old 04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Storms Video

Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I remember being surprised when LB looked and pointed at her during MM, right off the bat. He sang the "Monday morning you look so fine" line to her and she gave one of those "you're silly" grins to him.
Ya know I totally forgot about that little moment until you mentioned it. I remember laughing out loud about that..lol
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very short clip of Stevie at the end of GYOW.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I guess I'll import my little review from the other tread...

Just got back from the show. Crappy upper level seats, but we had fun and they were only $30 a piece. Missed the first 4 songs because they actually started a few minutes after 8! Disappointed I didn't hear those high notes on Dreams!

Me and my friend were like the only stands standing/dancing on songs in our entire section, even during GYOW. Boring old people! lol. You really do have such a different experience up there than being closer, my friend commented that it felt like watching them on t.v., you feel so disconnected from the show and everyone up there is so boring! but, we had fun and it a great show.

few notes:

-Stevie was wearing really short boots most of the show, but brought out the red ones for the red dress and the super high black ones for Stand Back and everything after. Seems like the way to go.
-The Silver Springs outfit was the white top-thing that looks like it just goes over her black dress but is really pretty. How long has she been wearing that?
-Lindsey is just so insane and one fire, his energy is astounding. Although I must say though his playing is amazing his voice is painful to listen to at the end of Big Love. It made my throat hurt listening to his growls. He was wearing the standard red-t and leather jacket. Everyone LOVED him.
-Silver Springs not the best from the tour, but on par with most of the shows. Great way to end.
-In person I realized why you really just can't drop songs like Landslide and Don't Stop.

So overall another great show :-) I teared up during Gypsy and Sara, two of my mom's favorite songs. They REALLY rocked it out. Such a great band, after all these years.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My very first Fleetwood Mac concert review!

I had the best night of my life last night! Ok so I'll start with what happened when I first arrived, me and my best friend Kristie went and bought t-shirts as soon as we came in. After there was another table selling jewelry, tamborines, etc... and I was talking to the lady selling stuff and asked her if she gets to meet the band, and she told me I actually travel with the band, so of course I love Fleetwood Mac so much I asked if there was any chance I could meet them and she said no at all because they leave pretty much as soon as it's done, so I told her to just tell Stevie that I love her so much and of course that I was named after Sara and she told me she would. So I brought the poster I made (the fleetwood mac picture I posted here awhile back) and asked if she could give stevie the poster and she said no but I could try to go and talk to the security and see if they could help, so I did that... Security said I could try and go to customer service and see if they could give it to her. So I finally went to CS and asked them if I gave them a gift to give Stevie, would it 100% get to her and the lady said YES ma'am she'll receive the gift after the show! ( I had previously written a note on the back on the poster, in the off chance that she would receive it and it also included my name and phone number) So I was on a high all night just to know that she would get the poster! I was also able to tell people a lot about FM that they didn't know (song meanings, where christine was, names of albums, set list, etc) which I'm always happy to do. They made me feel important lol
Ah anyway to the concert, as soon as they came on stage I started crying because I was SO HAPPY that I was about to see this amazing band live and my friend was like are you ok Sara? and I was like I'm so happy I'm going to cry all night haha. Monday Morning was awesome! The Chain was something I was so excited to hear and it was fantastic. Gypsy made me cry, really fantastic! Rhiannon was AMAZING! Sara was of course one of my favorites, I did shed a tear or two for that one lol. Storms was beautiful and I was so glad I waited until the concert to here it live! I'm So Afraid was just the most awesome thing to watch and Lindsey Buckingham was so great the entire night! Gold Dust Woman was soooooo good (one of Stevie's best)! Go Your Own Way was so fun to sing along to and dance too! Silver Springs , Stand Back, Go Insane, IKINW, Landslide, World Turning, Don't Stop! I mean every song was great and sung so well and preformed with so much passion.. It just makes me wanna cry thinking about how amazing they ALL were last night! I stood and danced all night with this lady I met named Angie! She knew every word to every song like me. She was a blast to to stand by Again, there wasn't one bad song and they all sounded great! I hope the come back to ATL and I hope Stevie calls hahahaha. My first Fleetwood Mac concert was probably the best night of my 18 years and it is something I will never forget! Oh and the security was really tight last night so I could only recorded videos, no pictures because it almost got taken away, but if it's good enough audio I'll post them later! (rhiannon was shot really low and I don't think I got any of them on stage, just audio, but I got more courage as it went on so there should be some good ones...)

Ok so I a got some of compliments on my dress! I put my face on Christine's and then ironed it on to my dress (thanks photoshop!). People were so nice and friendly there and they were like I would pay you to do that for me.. I was so happy! Anyway the photographer for the AJC photographed me and Kristie and it was up online this morning! (It's a rough one of me but I'll photoshop it later lol)
http://projects.accessatlanta.com/ga...lanta/#thbz_hm ( I realize now that you can't see me on the dress because of the flash, so heres the actual photoshopped picture )

Last edited by ILoveFM; 04-29-2009 at 10:43 AM..